Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I found it to be the most charismatic MCU film made to date. It has the most rewatchability value, in my opinion.

I found it to be equal to the best of the MCU. But like Wonder Woman, it's different in that the main character isn't a white male. And it's totally refreshing.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    When you break it down, it's very similar to other MCU movies, specifically Iron Man, where the hero and villain have opposing viewpoints and the same powers/technology, but it does play with that a little.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    2nd trailer for Avengers: Infinity War to be released tomorrow.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Awesome. This will make close to $3Billion. Thanos in his armour *drools*
    aiw-payoff_1_sheet-lg-1.jpg
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    I’m so excited for this film it look incredible
    ‘Hi I’m Peter.’
    ‘Dr. Strange.’
    ‘Oh we’re using our made up names? Then I’m Spider-Man’
    :))
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    When Quill was telling Tony about how his plan sucked, I could see Drax remembering the "I have 12% of a plan".
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Avengers: Infinity War has already broken advance ticket sales records on Fandango becoming the best-selling superhero movie ever — and it only took six hours.

http://deadline.com/2018/03/avengers-infinity-war-advance-ticket-sales-record-fandango-1202339516/
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    @DaltonCraig007 It’s nuts! I can’t find an opening night screening with a halfway decent seat available. I picked a bad morning to sleep in.
    Avengers: Infinity War has already broken advance ticket sales records on Fandango becoming the best-selling superhero movie ever — and it only took six hours.

http://deadline.com/2018/03/avengers-infinity-war-advance-ticket-sales-record-fandango-1202339516/

Incredible
    edited March 2018 Posts: 11,139
    'Avengers: Infinity War’ Breaks a Pre-Sales Record in Just Six Hours

Fandango also said its survey of over 1,000 “Infinity War” ticket buyers showed 97% “can’t wait” to see how heroes work together in the same film; 94% are excited to see different franchise characters (“Guardians,” “Avengers,” etc.) meeting one another for the first time; 92% see “Infinity War” as the culmination of all of the Marvel Cinema Universe films before it; 87% have seen all of the MCU movies; 71% saw “Black Panther” on the big screen; and 60% claim “Black Panther” made them more excited to see “Avengers: Infinity War.”

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/avengers-infinity-war-fandango-record-1202729194/
    Looks great fun. The fact that is has my favourites in it, The Guardians, I'll be there.
    Creasy47 wrote: »

This is going to be HUGE!!!!!! So looking forward to watching this!!!
    tumblr_p5sod1ZpWT1w8xetso1_500.jpg
    tumblr_p5sod1ZpWT1w8xetso2_500.jpg

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    I’m rewatching all of the MCU slowly before the release of infinity war and I’ve found a couple of things so far in the older ones.

Iron man is still my favorite but their is a surprising lack of action

Iron man 2 isn’t as good as I thought it was, it’s just fine

The avengers feels like a cheesy B movie
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I own all the MCU films that have been released on Bluray so far, the only films I rewatch are the Captain America films, the other films are switch your brain off movies for the most part.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited March 2018 Posts: 23,883
    I have to do a revisit of all these Marvel entries soon too. I can't wait for Infinity War although I know it's going to be a bittersweet experience, as some of my faves are likely to bite the bullet (particularly Loki, who looks to be in a very compromising position in the latest trailer with Proxima Midnight's multi pronged spear aimed right at him).

I tried to buy a couple of IMAX tickets today and all the good seats are already gone in the theatres near me on opening weekend.
    edited March 2018 Posts: 15,690
    @bondjames I wouldn't say no to a 4th Thor movie in the same fun & action packed style as 'Ragnarok', providing most of the cast are spared in 'Infinity War' (Hemsworth, Hiddleston, Elba, Tessa Thompson, Jeff Goldblum) and director Taika Waititi also returns. But I doubt it will happen, none of the major characters in the MCU ever surpassed a tally of 3 solo films as of yet.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I wasn't aware of that 3 solo film distinction @DaltonCraig007. You're right, now that I think about it.

If Downey Jr. doesn't get a 4th solo outing then I can't see anybody else being so lucky either. From what I gather, Hemsworth is going to have an outsize role in Infinity War. His contract is up with Part 2, as is Hiddleston's (who may only appear in flashbacks anyway because I think he's going to be taken out early in the next film).
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Loki overstayed his welcome, in my opinion. He should’ve been taken out sooner. Adding to that, he’s not even a likable character.

Although, my instinct tells me it’s Captain America who’s going to bite the dust, this time around. Evans’ original contract was only up to Infinity War, but he only agreed to appear in the fourth Avengers film because “it made sense” according to the actor. He’s also seen in his classic Captain America uniform from WWII from the on-set pictures, which makes me think he’s only in flashbacks, as well.
    Stark bought that Shawarma restaurant. Lol!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The last supper?
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 5,808
    Yup. Well, if you have to spoof a work of art, chose the best one, I say.

Meanwhile, in other news :

• Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    So who do we think is going to die in Infinity War?
    Steve Rogers.