Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    AMC lists a 2 hour, 36 minute runtime for Avengers: Infinity War:

https://www.amctheatres.com/movies/avengers-infinity-war-45873

This film needs every minute it can get
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    The four most popular covers.

gOXBNFC.png

What is that on Iron Man´s back?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Kevin Feige has officially confirmed Black Panther 2 is happening.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Don t think I will bother with that.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Brilliant!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited March 2018 Posts: 15,691
    Captain Marvel is looking to 1990's action films as influence:

http://www.slashfilm.com/captain-marvel-details/
    Captain Marvel is looking to 1990's action films as influence:

http://www.slashfilm.com/captain-marvel-details/
    GoldenEye... Tomorrow Never Dies... True Lies... ;)
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Or "Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot"....
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Give us Carol Dancers in Under Siege and I'll die a happy man.

After being a critical and cultural hit and tge first movie breakingvall kinds of records and onbits way to making a $Billion in under a month it was inevitable.
    Isn t he just a black Trump?
    It's not hard to research and educate yourself on the character. Give it a try.
    I saw the film. What did I miss?
    Umguysaare+we+the+baddies+when+the+left+who+is+somehow_8f0841_6520310.jpg
    You evidently missed a lot. Clearly; and you posting that picture as a source of evidence to support your ridiculous viewpoint only illustrates your unwillingness to apply thought and real observation. Stay lazy and remain ignorant.
    You are funny, I will give you that.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I am probably the only person not interested in Infinity War Disney films are mediocre, watching the variation on a blueprint got dull after Age of Ultron.
    I saw the film. What did I miss?

No, you didn't see the film. Because if you saw it you would know he is the opposite of Trump.
    Black Panther has crossed $1 Billion at global box office

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/black-panther-billion-global-box-office-1202723326/

Black Panther Tops A Wrinkle in Time for Fourth Straight Win

This weekend, Marvel Studios‘ Black Panther added an impressive $41.1 million domestically and $100 million internationally, for a global weekend of $141.1 million. The movie was No. 1 around the world for a fourth straight weekend! Black Panther has now reached $562 million in North America, making it the No. 7 release of all time, passing The Dark Knight ($535 million) and giving Marvel Studios the top two superhero films ever (No. 1 is Marvel’s The Avengers with $623 million).

Internationally, Black Panther opened Friday in China and earned an estimated $66.5 million there for the three days. With the $100 million total overseas box office for the weekend, the movie is now up to $516.6 million internationally and has reached $1.079 billion worldwide. Internationally, the film has now passed Captain America: Winter Soldier ($454M), The Dark Knight ($470M), Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 ($474M), The Amazing Spider-Man ($496M), The Amazing Spider-Man 2 ($506M) and X-Men: Days of Future Past ($514M).

The international highlights include: China ($66.5M); UK ($55.8M); Korea ($42.4M); Brazil ($29.6M); Australia ($25.7M); France ($25.2M); Mexico ($24.6M); Germany ($17.6M); Russia ($17.0M); Taiwan ($12.3M); Indonesia ($12.1M); Malaysia ($9.7M); India ($9.6M); Philippines ($9.2M); and Japan ($8.9M).

Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/929323-black-panther-tops-a-wrinkle-in-time-for-fourth-straight-win#6hfKxSFp7TKpQeK6.99

Hardly a surprise with the amount of business it is doing!!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    RogueAgent wrote: »

Hardly a surprise with the amount of business it is doing!!

I want another. And another Wonder Woman. And a new Superman. Keep 'em coming. Heroics are needed in today's sad climate....
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Was checking out the box office returns, Black Panther came out nearly a month ago and is still pulling in $4 million plus on weekdays here in the U.S. Insane.
    Can anyone explain in one sentence what attracts people so much about this film? I don´t feel drawn to it.
    It's an entertaining film with a well told, relevant and significant story; that has fully fleshed out characters, an incredible amount of detail and celebrates successfully an underserved culture.

Not everyone is going to be drawn to it, much like there are people who don't understand the hype around Star Wars or Harry Potter or those who think the James Bond films are stupid.

People like what they like and don't have to like what others do. However, Black Panther is clearly resonating positively with most people in a way that too few expected.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Can anyone explain in one sentence what attracts people so much about this film? I don´t feel drawn to it.

Other people with a different taste like the movie!!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    It's difficult to peg it to one sentence.
    I found it to be the most charismatic MCU film made to date. It has the most rewatchability value, in my opinion.
    BLACK PANTHER hit $1.106B yesterday, now the #19 highest grossing film in the world.