Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I am not surprised. I was surprised it didn t happen in the last one.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    TMZ has some set photos up of Avengers 4, but it seems like they're incredibly spoilery (apparently they hint at something, I dunno) for those of you wanting to see this one blind. If you don't care, I'll post the link in a spoiler tag (since the spoiler is embedded in it.)
    Thanks for the link, @Creasy47. Now, I say their spoilers are all contradictions...
    Chris Evans is in his 1940s Steve Rogers/Captain America look along with the hairdo, sure. But, that doesn’t mean the scene is a prequel or a flashback. Why? Ant-Man is there on the set along with him. He doesn’t meet Ant-Man until in his later years during the Civil War events. It must mean by the fourth film after defeating Thanos, Rogers finds inspiration again to be Captain America after abandoning the identity in Civil War.

Although, I’ve got another theory. If Cap bites the bullet in Infinity War, his reappearance is either they brought him from the past, or they brought him back to life as Wakanda does have the means for it. A friend of mine has been predicting this for a long time, with Peggy Carter also seeing the same fate after both of them were robbed of their time (Cap and Peg).
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Thor: Ragnarok will be available on digital media on February 20th and on Blu Ray on March 6th.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I do hope it's a spy story rather than heavyweight superhero flick depicting Black Widow as an Avenger. I want her to do the spy stuff, like an actual female Nick Fury (the original).
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited January 2018 Posts: 11,139
    Black Panther is pacing ahead of Captain America: Civil War in terms of advance ticket sales.

DTQ1CGcVAAAyO4g?format=jpgYep!

This movie is already breaking sales records...Also Black Panther testing well
    https://mobile.twitter.com/GBRIELGRY/status/951107845226889216
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Excellent ! I have wanted this for years.
    I do hope it's a spy story rather than heavyweight superhero flick depicting Black Widow as an Avenger. I want her to do the spy stuff, like an actual female Nick Fury (the original).
    Isn´t that what they do with Red Sparrow ;-)?

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2018 Posts: 23,883
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Isn´t that what they do with Red Sparrow ;-)?
    I was going to say.... Red Sparrow may have been a factor in motivating this to finally hit the screen (almost a decade late imho - Johansson isn't in her prime any more regrettably).

Regarding the spoilery Avengers 4 thing, it's important to note that many of the top drawer actors from the MCU have contracts expiring with that film. So they will either be out or recontracted for a few more. Johannson is one of them if I'm not mistaken. The list is online, for those who are interested to know who's on it. I'd like to see some of them move on personally, so they can do more interesting films without being burdened by the MCU machine. Having said that, I can appreciate the consistency of income which comes with being part of this well oiled operation.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited January 2018 Posts: 15,691
    Damn, I can actually imagine him as Bond from that picture. Look, he even has a tattoo on his arm, like Connery ;-).
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I certainly felt the same way.
    Sorry, chaps. I don't see it. ;)

It is on his left arm.
    It is on his left arm.
    It must've left.
    X Men: New Mutants has been delayed from April 13th, 2018 to February 22nd, 2019.

Deadpool 2's release moves up to May 18th, 2018.
    That'd make a great birthday present for me since my birthday is three days prior to Deadpool's release date. :D
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I feel sorry for Deadpool 2. It has to share a month with Infinity War and a Star Wars movie.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    edited January 2018 Posts: 2,730
    That'd make a great birthday present for me since my birthday is three days prior to Deadpool's release date. :D

I know what I’m watching with my friends for my birthday now too
    edited January 2018 Posts: 11,139

I need February to get here now!!

Black Panther is the most anticipated superhero movie of 2018 right now
    https://www.brandwatch.com/blog/react-superhero-movies-2018/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=react&utm_term=blog&utm_campaign=01_2018_entertainment_blog

So Michael B. Jordan is in it? Another Johnny Storm going from Fox to Marvel.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Avoided all but the first Black Panther trailer, I rate Creed highly, Coogler should deliver a good film.
    Next to THE SHAPE OF WATER, BLACK PANTHER is my most anticipated film for next month.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Next to THE SHAPE OF WATER, BLACK PANTHER is my most anticipated film for next month.

They both look good though been disciplined and avoided information on both films.
    "The Avengers have a new King"

I have to admit, the more they show footage from the Black Panther, the more my patience is running out. :D
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Now that's a super hero movie that looks interesting. And I've been on heavy super hero burnout for a while now.
    New TV spot.

Looking better and better.

Exactly 100 days before the release of Avengers: Infinity War.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 15,691
    Early box office tracking indicates Black Panther is on its way towards a $120 million domestic opening weekend, which would make it the 1st debut solo film in the MCU (outside of Spiderman: Homecoming) to hit the $100 million mark on opening weekend.