Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    How will this change film though?
    An interesting analysis follows in the Deadline article below:

Apparently it could result in a benefit to larger theatre chains, who have done well due to the massive staying power of Disney's releases. Competitors had apparently wanted a quicker release to home video/streaming and a shorter theatrical run, to allow faster monetizing. Disney objected.

By the way, what the heck is 'Nicole'? That is the Disney release for Nov 8, 2019 (you know the date). Let's hope it's not too successful.

http://deadline.com/2017/12/disney-fox-merger-exhibitors-movie-theaters-combined-release-schedule-marvel-star-wars-pixar-1202221594/
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Disney has officially bought 21st Century Fox for 52 billion dollars.

The Marvel Universe is practically complete! Imagine...Doctor Doom and Galactus done right!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Disney has officially bought 21st Century Fox for 52 billion dollars.

The Marvel Universe is practically complete! Imagine...Doctor Doom and Galactus done right!

That would be awesome.
    One less studio willing to make R-rated films. Like for instance Logan or Deadpool.

• JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    20th century fox are behind the alien films right?- could this deal have an impact on those
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    boldfinger wrote: »
    One less studio willing to make R-rated films. Like for instance Logan or Deadpool.

Deadpool will remain R-rated, as may others:

http://www.slashfilm.com/deadpool-at-disney/
    So we are gonna get Ripley as part of the Disney Princess line or no?
    Creasy47 wrote: »

That article, as well as others I´ve read so far, merely says that the films that are already made will stay as they are. It doesn´t say more of them will be made. It says they are considering having a branch for R-rated movies. The fact that they have to consider that at all by itself is depressing.

• QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    People are cheering for the X-Men coming to the MCU but I kinda hope they remain their own universe. I say let the X-Men rest for a few years and then reboot it. What I'm most excited for is the Fantastic 4 finally done right!
    Fantastic Four were done right in the Tim Story movies, but not their foes. Curious to see what Marvel can do with them.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »

That article, as well as others I´ve read so far, merely says that the films that are already made will stay as they are. It doesn´t say more of them will be made. It says they are considering having a branch for R-rated movies. The fact that they have to consider that at all by itself is depressing.

That's the state of Hollywood anymore, I'm afraid: they'll sacrifice a proper rating as long as it nets them the possibility of more asses in seats and more tickets sold, because $$$.

If that results in 20 cookie cutter superhero releases a year that box check and aim for the highest return on the budget, don't be surprised.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Fantastic Four were done right in the Tim Story movies, but not their foes. Curious to see what Marvel can do with them.

I liked the first one, but the second was horrible.
    I liked them both.
    Every fantastic 4 film has been trash. The only reasin to watch the 2 Tim Story F4 films is for the gorgeous Kerry Washington (who btw i wouldnt mind seeing cast as Storm from the X-Men aka Black Panther's childhood love and ex-wife. Thst being said, i dont care aboutvthe rest of the X-Men. I want to see Fantastic 4 done right and to see Doctor Doom in all his magnificent and infamous glory....and Galactus.
    I saw the Infinity War trailer for the first time on the large screen today in front of The Last Jedi. Thanos looks very good on the big screen.
    Disney is becoming a giant of World Wide entertainment now. Mind boggling amount of money!
    "Becoming"? Disney has been a leading giant for a generous number of years now. It's just that more people are only starting to overtly understand this.
    Disney is a brute. They understand how to put bums on seats and what the masses want. They are the epitome of business savvy.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Big Mouse is watching you...

2b7d256f6e11ba1bf44c69eddfc7b6b7.jpg
    Kevin Feige comments on the upcoming Infinity War and Thanos.

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2017/12/16/kevin-feige-avengers-infinity-war-first-five-minutes/
    Sounds like much action and little tension building in the beginning of the film, and then some downtime along the way.
    I´ll be happy to be proven wrong.
    So Tony Stark is a Duran Duran fan. That s interesting.
    Who isn´t.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    My english teacher
    Better change school.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 11,139
    New Empire poster

DRplQRpWAAM_PZ8.jpg:large

New promo art

DRn4RA6X0AAgCil?format=jpg
    DRn4RA3XkAAFKUP?format=jpg
    DRn4RA7W4AAL05v?format=jpg
    DRn4RA-W4AApPOf?format=jpg

Getting better. Looks like I want to see it after all.
    Some fantastic imagery their! Stunning art work indeed!
    Some scans from the EMPIRE magazine

004.jpg
    002.jpg
    003_4.jpg
    007_3.jpg
    005_3.jpg
    005_2.jpg
    003_3.jpg
    003.jpg
    tumblr_p1f225i7Wg1vncr0co1_1280.jpg