Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

This is the Miles Morales one, right? I had no interest in this before but I have to admit it looks quite good. Better than what i was expecting.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited December 2017 Posts: 23,883
    As expected Thor Ragnarok has crossed $300m domestically (the 10th Marvel entry to do so) and is currently sitting at $833m global (overtaking Wonder Woman to take the 7th spot for the year). It is still doing good holdover business at #5 on the charts after over a month of release and should finish out 2017 in 8th spot, once the SW-8 Last Jedi brute claims #1 later this month and knocks everyone else down a slot.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @bondjames Are you looking forward to Black Panther, the next (and last) Marvel film before Infinity War?
    I am @DaltonCraig007, but I really know nothing about the character except for his brief but memorable appearance in Civil War. So I'll definitely be viewing it when it's released, but don't currently have the excitement that I have for other more well known characters due to my unfamiliarity. The trailer certainly looks good.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I saw this question asked this morning and for the first time I didn't know what to say.

Who's going to take in more money, The Last Jedi or Infinity War?
    Last_Jedi_Infinity_War.jpg?x42694

Normally I would say Star Wars but this time I'm unsure. Then again, this is like asking which of Disney's hands are going to fill with money faster lol.

Black Panther is going to be HUGE. Looks more and more amazing.
    It does look quite impressive. From what I can make out, it looks like they have an Infinity Stone.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @bondjames that bit at around 0:50 second with Martin Freeman in a suit talking on the phone looks straight out of SF (Craig talking to Moneypenny on the ear-phone) or M:I - GP (Cruise on his phone during the party in Mumbai). I understand why they mentioned a year or so ago that Black Panther would use some style elements from Bond and other spy films.
    @bondjames that bit at around 0:50 second with Martin Freeman in a suit talking on the phone looks straight out of SF (Craig talking to Moneypenny on the ear-phone) or M:I - GP (Cruise on his phone during the party in Mumbai). I understand why they mentioned a year or so ago that Black Panther would use some style elements from Bond and other spy films.
    I didn't realize they said that @DaltonCraig007. I mentioned it had SF elements in certain spots when the first trailer dropped and someone took a shot at me. The party scene is definitely SF influenced right down to the lighting, starting with the quick overhead city shot at night.

The film is the better for it as far as I'm concerned.
    @bondjames I like how the trailers, especially the 2nd 'full trailer', seem to show some pretty long takes in the action scenes, no Bourne-style quick cut (thought that really suited the 4 Matt Damon films very well), but this film looks much closer to a 'John Wick' or 'Atomic Blonde' with those long takes which (I hope) will truly show the badassery of Chadwick Boseman as Black Panther (I still can't believe he is 40 years old).
    Agreed @DaltonCraig007. The Bourne style quick edits are a bit passe now. Have you seen Daredevil (the tv series)? The fights in that are also long cut and they're great.
    edited December 2017 Posts: 15,691
    I still have to check those out, @bondjames, from what I've seen in trailers/clips online, the action scenes looks spectacular in that TV series. The one action flick I can't wait for in the coming month is The Commuter, it looks like another really stylish and intense Liam Neeson action/thriller.
    You should @DaltonCraig007. You'll love the fights. Some great martial arts stuff. It reminded me of Atomic Blonde in some cases actually.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I think if the story was strong enough and the paycheck large enough Hugh can be lured back.
    bondjames wrote: »
    Agreed @DaltonCraig007. The Bourne style quick edits are a bit passe now. Have you seen Daredevil (the tv series)? The fights in that are also long cut and they're great.
    The Bourne style is far from passé, it just shouldn´t be used as a general standart.
    The Daredevil fights are lame, they look beginner-style.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    w the badassery of Chadwick Boseman as Black Panther (I still can't believe he is 40 years old).

Ha ha! You sound like a teenager.
    w the badassery of Chadwick Boseman as Black Panther (I still can't believe he is 40 years old).

Ha ha! You sound like a teenager.

roger-moore-33333.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Those hormones!
    Those hormones!

Roger that. ;)
    boldfinger wrote: »
    The Bourne style is far from passé, it just shouldn´t be used as a general standart.
    The Daredevil fights are lame, they look beginner-style.
    Pity. It was fun at the start, but I'd rather see what's going on these days. I don't agree on Daredevil being lame. Not all of the fights are top notch but some are exceptional.
    @bondjames Are you looking forward to Black Panther, the next (and last) Marvel film before Infinity War?

Absolutely DaltonCraig! Looks like he may well play a very big part in Infinity War? Really looking forward to both films.
    Black Panther is my most anticipated film ever. It's a dream come true film for me for personal/cultural reasons. Ryan Coogler, the cast and crew have made a conscious effort to not only do right by the character but to really make this a uniquely special film....and with the people involved choreographing the fights/training etc, it's going to be wild.

I love this shot:

DQ2IaUUVAAA7UTZ.jpg
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin

After appearing in War for the Planet of the Apes and Solo: A Star Wars Story, it seems the legend that is Woody Harrelson might also join the cast of Venom, alongside Tom Hardy.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns

I still need to see season 1.
    Protector of Wakanda

Disney has officially bought 21st Century Fox for 52 billion dollars.
    well that is it Marvel has now won and DC has the glory days 1978-2012 to look back on. Doubleego I will relent congradulations....

Sigh
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    I cant even fathom that amount of money.
    How will this change film though?