Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited January 2018 Posts: 15,691
    New image for Ant-Man and the Wasp:

ant-man-and-the-wasp-evangeline-lilly-paul-rudd.jpg

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Looking forward to it. The first was terrific.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    Indeed. Watched just yesterday. Forgot how good it was. It takes the tired Marvel formula and gives it a nice heist spin. Plus, Paul Rudd is a eminently likable chap.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The first Ant-Man dropped around the time I lost most of my interest in the superhero stuff of today as a whole, but damn, if I didn't see a clip once where they used that de-aging technology to craft a younger version of Michael Douglas, and it looked incredible (from what I saw, anyway).
    It is a very funny movie.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    It is a very funny movie.

The scene where Rudd swats the villain into a bug zapper is my fav

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Apparently, Tom Holland's Spider-Man will appear in Venom:
    https://fandomwire.com/2018/01/16/tom-hollands-spider-man-to-appear-in-venom/
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    So venom is in the mcu now?
    It's more complicated than it seems. Apparently, the Spider-Man films in the MCU are canon in the Venom film continuity, but others don't exist. Venom has connection with MCU's Spider-Man universe but it's nonexistent in the MCU. Awfully complicated.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Oh yessssss!

Can't mess with the king of Wakanda! \m/
    edited January 2018 Posts: 11,139
    DT6dv3PVAAEMJUC.jpg

Speaking to Total Film magazine, Coogler said: "When I first started talking to Marvel, one thing they were interested in was for Panther to be their version of James Bond, which I thought was incredibly interesting and exciting. It was a really outside-of-the-box way to look at T'Challa. There are some Bond films that I really, really like, and it gave me the opportunity to go watch some other ones."

When Total Film asked Wright if she thought the comparison between 'Black Panther' and author Ian Flemming's James Bond was a fit, she agreed saying her character Shuri is like "T'Challa's Q".

She said: "Yeah, why not? She's T'Challa's Q. She's by his side with the technology he needs. The way she helps him is really cool. I hope Shuri can help people. Maybe you're in school right now, and super smart and super intelligent, and people may be saying 'you're a geek' or whatever, making them feel bad. Maybe they can watch this film and be like 'man! Being smart or a scientist or super great at math is not a bad thing at all."

http://www.stltoday.com/entertainment/movies/ryan-coogler-compares-black-panther-to-james-bond/article_94aae0db-524b-5cdf-b961-0709086df118.html
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Very cool. Now I am excited.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Logan (2017) becomes the first live-action superhero movie to ever receive an Oscar nomination for its screenplay.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Logan (2017) becomes the first live-action superhero movie to ever receive an Oscar nomination for its screenplay.

Well deserved, too. Fantastic film.

Not bad!
    Very encouraging.
    Social media embargo for Black Panther ends on January 29th.

Full reviews embargo for Black Panther ends on February 6th.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Social media embargo ends on my birthday. I can't help but smile at that.
    Wait your Jan 29th too? Same birthday, both fans of Bond and Metal Gear...my twin!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    high five
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Wait your Jan 29th too? Same birthday, both fans of Bond and Metal Gear...my twin!

Do you still have two eyes?
    doubleoego wrote: »

Do you still have two eyes?

I do, last time I checked *phew*

Not watching anything else until the social media embargo.
    X-Men: Dark Phoenix will bring Hans Zimmer out of his retirement from scoring superhero films, as he said in 2016 that Batman v Superman would be his last soundtrack in this specific genre.
    That is a shame. I've never been fond of Hans Zimmer's superhero scores, they never sound powerful enough. Oh well, so long as he uses the X-Men theme from X2/Days of Future Past, I'll be happy.
    Hmm... The costume looks off.
    edited January 2018 Posts: 11,139
    They usually do for the most part when it comes to set pics.

Going against what I said about not watching anything else until the embargo...

and cool Lexus advert