Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    This film looks clean af! Cant wait!
    @RogueAgent you live in the UK, don't you? In that case, you'll get 'Thor: Ragnarok' on October 27th!

I thought I read somewhere we got it in October? But their are so many movies being released I guess I got my wires crossed somewhere! Thanks for setting me straight DaltonCraig007.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    These guys seem to have nailed the humour in this film. I'm rooting for the "Revengers" but I want Hela to survive.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    So spider-man homecoming made over $70 Million in China this weekend for a current total so far of $823Million; making it the most successful reboot film in history. That's brilliant by any standard but a second reboot in 5 years? Damn.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    The Punisher trailer dropped! It looks great!

The Punisher + Metallica = Awesome
    The Punisher trailer dropped! It looks great!

The Punisher + Metallica = Awesome

Now that looks like my kind of show!
    I agree. I haven't been this excited for a show in a long while. My only complaint so far is the symbol on his chest is a tad too big. I know it's supposed to be big like the original symbol was but I don't like that it goes up to his neck and shoulders. Other than that I can't wait.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited September 2017 Posts: 15,690

So looking forward to seeing this! Looks so much fun!
    Yes, me too. I've not been this pumped for a Marvel entry in some time. Looks to have the tone just right for my tastes. Not too heavy.
    Looks to be a lot more possible humour in this one too?
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Looks to be a lot more possible humour in this one too?
    Yes and that's one of the reasons I'm really looking forward to it. They seem to be having some fun with this one.
    November is going to be another good month for the MCU. Thor Ragnarok releases November 2 and it's rumored The Punisher - Season 1 is going to release on Netflix sometime in November.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Disappointed to see it was just a Coke ad.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    It seems Thor: Ragnarok will be clocking at 2 hours and 10 minutes.
    edited October 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Gerard wrote: »
    That was one heck of a stunt. I didn't realize that's how they do it. The ad wasn't bad either.
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 676
    @bondjames The same thing was done with the police car that goes flying on the tarmac in CR.
    I remember that scene well @Milovy. It makes sense in retrospect that this would be the way it's done, but I just never realized it before.
    Yeah, it's quite impressive when you realize how they do it.

That suits me find, really looking forward to this movie a lot!
    Didn´t Waititi tease a shorter film? Or did he just cleverly let that open in his previous formulations?
    1st couple of seconds are new. "You're in my seat". Love it.

Also, interesting that the Mjolnir grab occurs in a field now rather than indoors.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    bondjames wrote: »
    1st couple of seconds are new. "You're in my seat". Love it.

Also, interesting that the Mjolnir grab occurs in a field now rather than indoors.

Yeah I noticed the Mjolnir destruction scene changed, beauty of CGI background it can be altered on a whim
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    It looks odd, now. The original Mjolnir destruction as seen in earlier trailers happened in an alley in New York, and it looked like a decent set, not fake in any way. The new scene looks like a giant CGI landscape that looks like it came from a completely different film, doesn't look up to snuff with any of the other CGI backgrounds.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    It looks odd, now. The original Mjolnir destruction as seen in earlier trailers happened in an alley in New York, and it looked like a decent set, not fake in any way. The new scene looks like a giant CGI landscape that looks like it came from a completely different film, doesn't look up to snuff with any of the other CGI backgrounds.

That's how the entire trailer looks to me: one massive CGI creation with humans thrown into the mix.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Judging by the trailers it lokes pretty bad, but will still see it.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!

Watching this I am convinced that both Mjolnir destruction scenes are in the film.
    edited October 2017 Posts: 23,883

Watching this I am convinced that both Mjolnir destruction scenes are in the film.
    I think it's the same scene. If you watch the clip I posted earlier in the field Cate's expression is identical to the one in the earlier trailers. Moreover Hemsworth's hair is longer in the field so it's an early scene in the film. I think we're looking at another camera angle above (not the one which will be in the actual film).