Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Yeah I'm not a fan of these movies because they're not really my cup of tea (I actually agree with you on the overuse of CGI @Mendes) but @doubleoego clearly loves the characters so he's allowed to be excited if they're being done justice. I was the same when Dredd came out.

Still twiddling my thumbs as I wait for that 'Dredd' sequel.

Same mate, I was gutted that it didn't do too well (the 3D probably put people off). .

Which is ironic, since it had some of the best 3D effects I have seen.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    What an amazing cast of the next 2 MCU films/partial cast of Infinity War. Feige's got a lot to be proud of.

main_comiccon_.jpg
  • RC7RC7
    doubleoego wrote: »
    What an amazing cast of the next 2 MCU films/partial cast of Infinity War. Feige's got a lot to be proud of.

main_comiccon_.jpg

Over 50% minority cast. Punching way above his targets.

main_comiccon_.jpg

Wow! But wait until we get an Infinity War cast photo! So amazing the breath and depth of Actors/Actresses who have been enveloped into the Marvel franchise.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2017 Posts: 15,686
    Thor: Ragnarok's runtime rumoured to clock in at 1 hour & 40 minutes, making it the shortest film in the MCU yet (if true).
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Kinda goes a way to proving the theory about shorter run times becoming more prevalent.

The next stage of modern cinema is "less dialogue". Just look at Mad Max and Dunkirk.

Its all about focusing on essentials, and burning away the extraneous.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Thor: Ragnarok's runtime rumoured to clock in at 1 hour & 40 minutes, making it the shortest film in the MCU yet (if true).
    That is really surprising. Isn't this the 'setup film' for Infinity War as well?
    Kinda goes a way to proving the theory about shorter run times becoming more prevalent.

The next stage of modern cinema is "less dialogue". Just look at Mad Max and Dunkirk.

It could have something to do with global markets and also falling attention spans. Less dialogue means less to translate. It doesn't bode well for Bond though, because I think Bond films live or die on their dialogue (including wit that may not translate perfectly) as much as action.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited July 2017 Posts: 7,966
    bondjames wrote: »
    That is really surprising. Isn't this the 'setup film' for Infinity War as well?

It could have something to do with global markets and also falling attention spans. Less dialogue means less to translate. It doesn't bode well for Bond though, because I think Bond films live or die on their dialogue (including wit that may not translate perfectly) as much as action.

Yes, I was going to mention that. Why dumb down dialogue when you can simply remove it, thus shifting the focus entirely. I have to say I'm not against this. In fact, when it comes to Bond, I think it will be a positive. Bond is at it's best when it's atmospheric and suspensful, and that doesn't come as a result of dialogue usually. It comes from the scenario. Anything that helps to bring Bond films back into the present tense, after all this endless pontificating and psychoanalysising, is a positive in my book.

Yes, I was going to mention that. Why dumb down dialogue when you can simply remove it, thus shifting the focus entirely. I have to say I'm not against this. In fact, when it comes to Bond, I think it will be a positive. Bond is at it's best when it's atmospheric and suspensful, and that doesn't come as a result of dialogue usually. It comes from the scenario. Anything that helps to bring Bond films back into the present tense, after all this endless pontificating and psychoanalysising, is a positive in my book.
    You make some valid points. Atmosphere and scenario are indeed critical.
  • edited July 2017 Posts: 5,767
    If you look at a film such as the first Mad Max, you´ll see how much story can be told in under 90 min. So if it´s not clustered up with various storylines, 100 min for Ragnarok should be a perfect time to rok.

Both SF and SP could easily have been sped up considerably without losing any important dialogue or action. Also many of the old Bond films, as much as I love them as they are, wouldn´t have suffered from a little tightening here and there.
    I would be surprised if Thor Ragnorok was that short? Having said that? If it's as good and as much fun as it looks? I'll be happy!
    Taika gives a very good explanation as to why Ragnarok isn't some 2.5hr long movie. He definitely knows what he's talking about.
    Short or long, I can't wait for that film. It looks like so much fun. They've totally changed up the tone from "Dark World".
    Ragnarok looks kind of dumb, but I hope that is because they have focused on the worst bits in the trailer.
  • edited August 2017 Posts: 4,813
    Nice, check out Cable!

DGovov0WAAAMMVa.jpg
    20621770_10203382113231011_2356262355657608893_n.jpg?oh=f359b656c31d7e46f799eaf50c6f620a&oe=5A26B08A
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Nice! I like it! Even with the teddy bear on his hip lol.
    He certainly looks bad ass!!
    Meanwhile :

Who is that Cable guy?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Who is that Cable guy?

larry-the-cable-guy-books.jpeg
    tumblr_mnkhm8EZln1spq9vko1_400.gif
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Gerard wrote: »
    Meanwhile :

Dear God I think someone spiked my coffee
    edited August 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Nice, check out Cable!

DGovov0WAAAMMVa.jpg
    20621770_10203382113231011_2356262355657608893_n.jpg?oh=f359b656c31d7e46f799eaf50c6f620a&oe=5A26B08A
    Isn't that Brolin? I thought he was Thanos. Last I heard Brozza was going to be Cable.

Is Marvel is trying to get two for the price of one? Nice.
    No, that is Glark Cable.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'm so bummed it's not Pierce. :(
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Murdock wrote: »
    I'm so bummed it's not Pierce. :(

Me too. Once I heard that rumor I loved it. However, Brolin looks closer to the comic book than Brosnan. Although it would be cool to see what he would've looked like beefed up.
    Deadpool isn't part of the MCU so really, Brolin's cable should really go in the x-men/Fox thread.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Deadpool isn't part of the MCU so really, Brolin's cable should really go in the x-men/Fox thread.

giphy.gif
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Riz Ahmed in talks to join the Spider-Man spin-off 'Venom':

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/venom-riz-ahmed-spider-man-spinoff-1202444772/
    Yeah, I think maybe we should change the title of the thread to something inclusive of all movie properties of Marvel characters.