Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    RC7 wrote: »
    Production Design looking a little 'Power Rangers' to me.

Agreed. Like someone dropped a huge box of crayons during the set/costume design.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I hope I am wrong, but it looks like the weakest Thor film yet.
    edited August 2017 Posts: 40,469
    I hope I am wrong, but it looks like the weakest Thor film yet.

I was quite surprised with how enjoyable I found 'Thor' when I saw it many years back, figured I wouldn't like it at all. Loathed the sequel, however.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Hiddleston rules in Thor. I must give it a rewatch tonight.

"You took me for a purpose. What was it?"
    "TELL ME!!!!!"
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Loke has become his signature role.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Not sure about that sofa
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Production design of this film looks like it will leave its mark.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    doubleoego wrote: »

This looks good I have only watched Jessica Jones and Luke Cage full seasons, I suspect I'll need the finish watching DD and Iron Fist before watching this.
    Definitely watch daredevil. It's the best of the marvel Netflix shows thus far.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    RC7 wrote: »
    Production Design looking a little 'Power Rangers' to me.

At least its actually a real set, unlike the giant green screen blimp hangars Snyder likes shooting everything in, but it still feels equally "fake" to me.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Isn't the colourful stuff because the scenes in question include the Grandmaster or are in the viscinity of him?
    Definitely watch daredevil. It's the best of the marvel Netflix shows thus far.

I am midway through DD I'll binge watch it before Defenders, really struggled with Iron Fist though I believe the Hand will be in Defenders so I best finish Iron Fist.
    Lol yeah iron fist was a tough one to get through.
    Lol yeah iron fist was a tough one to get through.

Only six episodes in apparently it gets better lol the casting for this show is poor
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Looks promising?
    DHd4wOMXkAAe8Lk.jpg:orig

DHd1lxlXsAAo86A.jpg:orig

DHd-GbrUwAAP_Qz.jpg

More to come.

• QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I posted this in the Last TV show you watched? thread and figured I'd put it here too.

The Defenders - Season 1
    18fd60f02ef402330343dd68de19e08a--daredevil-marvel-daredevil-serie.jpg

A great show that I watched in one day. It isn't the best of the current MARVEL Netflix shows but it was a fun watch. I do have a few complaints however.
    I felt the action was lacking. There wasn't any really good fight scenes until the final fight in the final episode. Any of the other fights were pretty forgettable. The hallway fight scene (what the Netflix shows are know for) was really short...
    and focused more on Matt's fight with Elektra. Danny vs Luke in the alley and Danny's vs Luke, Jessica, and Matt in the abandoned building are honorable mentions.
    The show didn't have that epic feeling that The Avengers had, at least for a team coming together to save the day.
    They all just happened to be in the right place at the right time and then decided to team up. That just felt a little too forced but it wasn't bad enough that it felt unbelievable.
    There's much to praise in this show but one I will comment on is Danny Rand (Iron Fist). I'm a fan of his underrated show but I'll admit it had it's faults. In The Defenders he was much better this time around and it seemed like Finn Jones did most of his own fight moves rather than have a stunt double doing it for him (my biggest complaint in the first season of Iron Fist).
    They could fix that if they would give him his mask already! I'm sure it would be much easier to hide a stunt double if he was wearing a mask.
    After it ended I'm most excited about the second season of Iron Fist. I'm curious where they're going to take Danny. I'm also hopeful that he'll be redeemed and win over so many of his haters.

Daredevil - Season 2
    Daredevil - Season 1
    Jessica Jones - Season 1
    The Defenders - Season 1
    Iron Fist - Season 1
    Luke Cage - Season 1
    Set photos from 'Avengers 4':

http://collider.com/avengers-4-set-photos/#japan
    Avengers 4

21032470_1742832056009728_6124395617016768908_n.png?oh=d17db7cf69e60b01958a859ffce53168&oe=5A339E49

Gwenith has certainly looked after herself
    edited August 2017 Posts: 23,327
    Guardians of the Galaxy 2 third watch came to the conclusion that Ego is by some stretch the best/worst Marvel Villain so far. What Ego does when you remove him from the CGI surroundings, he is a nasty piece of work very dark character.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited September 2017 Posts: 15,690
    @RogueAgent you live in the UK, don't you? In that case, you'll get 'Thor: Ragnarok' on October 27th!