Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I'm not able to read that article because it's blocked but I assume it says the same thing all the other sites are saying. As of right now it's just rumored. MARVEL and Netflix have not confirmed it.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    bondjames wrote: »

Watching this I am convinced that both Mjolnir destruction scenes are in the film.
    I think it's the same scene. If you watch the clip I posted earlier in the field Cate's expression is identical to the one in the earlier trailers. Moreover Hemsworth's hair is longer in the field so it's an early scene in the film. I think we're looking at another camera angle above (not the one which will be in the actual film).
    Seems odd they are showing both versions of seemingly the same scene still, perhaps the time stone is involved.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    bondjames wrote: »

Watching this I am convinced that both Mjolnir destruction scenes are in the film.
    I think it's the same scene. If you watch the clip I posted earlier in the field Cate's expression is identical to the one in the earlier trailers. Moreover Hemsworth's hair is longer in the field so it's an early scene in the film. I think we're looking at another camera angle above (not the one which will be in the actual film).
    Seems odd they are showing both versions of seemingly the same scene still, perhaps the time stone is involved.
    Yes it is strange and you might be right. It's a great scene so I don't mind seeing it twice in the film.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited October 2017 Posts: 11,139
    Scott Mendelson @ScottMendelson

Btw, #ThorRagnarok is solid MCU fun. Great music, Blanchett is awesome, looks/feels like an 80's video game. Slight, but wholly entertaining

Scott Mendelson @ScottMendelson·

Thompson is great too, a subversion of the "bad-ass" female action figure. At its best, #ThorRagnarok has an occasional GHOST PROTOCOL vibe.

Mendelson praising an MCU film is like seeing a real life unicorn!

Evil Eric Eisenberg

#ThorRagnarok is a ton of fun! Self-contained MCU plot, but character work is awesome, and the adventure a thrill. Best of the Thor movies!

Hulk is once again the scene-stealer, and a lot of it is that he can finally talk. Great to see him back on the big screen.

Germain Lussier 

Thor: Ragnarok is just plain fun. It's hilarious from start to finish with quirky performances & exciting action. Tessa Thompson is the MVP.

Steven Weintraub

Loved ‘Thor: Ragnarok’. @TaikaWaititi did an awesome job. Movie is loaded with his trademark humor. Laughed beginning to end.

'Thor: Ragnarok' has a few surprises I didn’t know about. One of them is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G and possibly the funniest scene in any @Marvel movie.

‘Thor: Ragnarok’ music/soundtrack is fantastic. And some of the visuals are insane. Seeing again as soon as I can. Another @marvel winner.

Gregory Ellwood

No. 1 @TessaThompson_x is hands down the best part of #ThorRagnarok. She rocks. Hope she's New Avenger someday. Also Cate Blanchett has fun

As for rest of the movie it may be divisive. I thought a lot was hilarious (if not too long) but felt like I was only 1 laughing at times

The works building is great. Taiki has a vision. It's just gonna be interesting how it plays.

I'll also say I loved Jeff Goldblum but that was a given. Idris Elba also has a beefed up role which was nice.

Anna Klassen

THOR is fun. Like stupid silly fun. A solid popcorn flick. Chris Hemsworth is a certified comedian.

Love seeing HUNT FOR THE WILDERPEOPLE cast in THOR: RAGNAROK. (Also, some very other good cameos which I wouldn’t dare spoil).

Jeff Goldblum was my favorite part of THOR: RAGNAROK. Nonsensical and kooky as ever.

Jim Voodooda

#ThorRagnarok is the best Thor movie BUT still think it’s really good not awesome. Hemsworth, Hulk & Tessa all great, though. And Goldblum!

Peter Sciretta

Thor Ragnarok is one of the funniest Marvel Studio movies thus far, definitely the best Thor film. Loved Mark Mothersbaugh’s score.

Jokes and characters are front and center to the action & drama. This will be the thing people will either love, or dislike, about the film.

Kara Warner

#ThorRagnarok is SO much fun I almost can't take it. The best: Thor movie, Cate Blanchett scene stealing, Jeff Goldblum Goldblum-ing.

Also re #ThorRagnarok, pretty pls @Marvel @thorofficial gimme all the GIFs of Cate Blanchett & Tessa Thompson SLAYING their scenes

Jenna Busch

#ThorRagnarok was an absolute BLAST! Hysterical and seriously kick ass! Also @taikawaititi is a riot!

David Daniel

#ThorRagnarok: a goofy good time. Easily the funniest non-Guardians MCU flick – EVERYONE in it is funny. Great music (Mothersbaugh), fights.

The new MCU-inspired catchphrase: "Get help." Trust me. #ThorRagnarok

Kudos to @TaikaWaititi for crafting a kickass, hilarious MCU movie. Well done, sir. #ThorRagnarok

Rick Damigella

Just finished seeing #ThorRagnarok
    (Pauses for effect)
    Not spoiling it. Except to say @mmothersbaugh's score is brilliant!!

#ThorRagnarok reax is blowing up my @ replies. And while I so want to geek out with people on the details I will not spoil it. #WillSeeAgain

.@KarlUrban is great as usual. A different character for him. Nothing like his other roles. #ThorRagnarok

Kevin Polowy

THOR RAGNAROK is hilarious & weird & offbeat & retro & sublime. Love how Marvel let Taika Waititi make a movie that's Waititi-ish as hell.

Jeff Goldblum is glorious in Thor Ragnarok, but didn't expect anything less. I mean look at this man.

Haleigh Foutch

#ThorRagnarok is laugh out loud funny from start to finish. Stumbles a bit in the first act, but it triumphs when it gets weird with it.

All the new #ThorRagnarok characters are knockouts, but Tessa Thompson walks away with this movie. All hail Valkyrie.

The technical work on this movie is spectacular too. Visuals are stunning & Mark Mothersbaugh's score might be Marvel's best.

Ryan Pearson

Jeff Goldblum gets to be Jeff Goldblum in Thor Ragnarok in a way that will very much please Goldblum fans the world over

Umberto Gonzalez

#ThorRagnarok ??ABSOLUTELY ROCKS! I was totally blown away by the story, action, effects, performances, & one of Marvel's best soundtracks!

Conner Schwerdtfeger

I just saw #ThorRagnarok and Marvel has 100% done it again. Great action, tons of laughs, and some fantastic superhero action.

After seeing #ThorRagnarok I can say that @chrishemsworth’s Thor will become many people’s No.1 favorite Avenger. The guy shines in this.

Xilla Valentine

#ThorRagnarok is magnificent. They added so much humor that goes perfect w the action. @TessaThompson_x is Badass @MarkRuffalo is incredible

How about Cate Blanchett as Hela?
    She rocks. All the women in #ThorRagnarok were powerful and bad asses. She kicked ass.

#ThorRagnarok is absolutely the best Thor movie. I’ll even go as far to put it in the top five #marvel flicks.

Brazilian journalist:

"Thor: Ragnarok" is the movie Marvel needed now. It changes the formula, becomes aware of its extravagant role and does not take itself seriously ...

The entire movie theater kept laughing, even when crowded with journalists. It has hilarious surprises appearances and a wonderful non-sense vibe ...

I still need to think, but I think "Thor: Ragnarok" is my 3rd favorite movie from Marvel, behind only "Winter Soldier" and "Iron Man".

"Thor: Ragnarok" is a @TaikaWaititi movie from start to finish. But it's still Marvel. It even has reference to "What We Do in the Shadows".

Collider crew.

Reilly the 13th

I saw #ThorRagnarok tonight. All I can say is YOU ARE ALL NOT READY FOR THIS MOVIE

No, really, it melted my face. Tomorrow, reaction video.

Clarke Swearwolves

#ThorRagnarok was an 80s fantasy epic and a Saturday morning cartoon come to life and I mean that in the best way possible. I laughed A LOT.

Look, #ThorRagnarok isn't perfect but it is pure SILLY fun. It's not going to be for everyone but I totally dug it and I LOVED the score.

Kyle Buchanan
    @kylebuchanan

A gay man's guide to THOR RAGNAROK: Cate Blanchett as the villainess may be the first actress to deliver her performance entirely in GIF.

Take the fun Cate is having in THOR RAGNAROK, double it, and you get the fun Tessa Thompson is having. Swaggiest superheroine ever?

James longman

Lucky enough to see #ThorRagnarok. Really funny with @TaikaWaititi's humour. One amazing Kiwi voiced character. @tessathompson_x a star

It's just great fun #ThorRagnarok

So glad Tessa Thompson is a notable standout.

With that and BR 2049 the coming weeks seem to redeem quite a bit after the recent cinematic draught I suffered.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Good to read the great Ragnarok reviews, especially from Mendelson. The humour I have detected in the trailers is right up my alley and for some reason it feels as if it's been missing from a blockbuster for a long while. That cast is top notch too and certainly capable of delivering the humour without it being overbearing/fake. Highly anticipated by me.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Thor: Ragnarok predicted to get a $100m + opening weekend in the US.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I was very pumped for this, but I am getting a GOTG vibe from the trailers, which is not a good thing.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited October 2017 Posts: 15,690
    2nd trailer for Black Panther coming within the next 2 weeks, to coincide with the big screen release of Thor: Ragnarok.
    2nd trailer for Black Panther coming within the next 2 weeks, to coincide with the big screen release of Thor: Ragnarok.

I love that Marvel are even doing a pan African premiere release for Black Panther too. I can't even begin to describe how much this film means to me on a personal level. My grandad bought black panther comics for my dad, my dad had me read them and now i read them to my daughter.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    doubleoego wrote: »

I love that Marvel are even doing a pan African premiere release for Black Panther too. I can't even begin to describe how much this film means to me on a personal level. My grandad bought black panther comics for my dad, my dad had me read them and now i read them to my daughter.

Passing on the mantle from parent to child, just as the Panther is passed.
    Thor: Ragnarok's run time officially confirmed: 2 hours and 10 minutes.
    Special guest in Thor : Ragnarok :

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Funnier than the real one.
    The other videos posted on that Youtube channel are quite amusing @Thunderfinger
    I may have to checkem.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I may have to checkem.
    Bookem for me, will ya?

Passing on the mantle from parent to child, just as the Panther is passed.

Yes, sir.

That is really touching doubleoego! Looking forward to this movie too!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    This will be huge in Africa.
    Cool prefer it to the first Black Panther trailer
    This will be huge in Africa.

It's going to be huge everywhere!

That trailer was frikkin AMAZING!

A definite trip to the cinema there!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain

Finally! Can't wait for it to start!
    @doubleoego @bondjames

Thor: Ragnarok first reviews are out...

cayQLAj.png