Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    bondjames wrote: »
    Marvel continuing to show the rest of the clowns how it's done. Seeing it this Friday, in IMAX.

I won't see it but I do bet this one will look insane in IMAX.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I am going to see it, but am in no hurry.
    Precisely. Can't say I'm too interested in this one, tbh.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited November 2017 Posts: 15,691
    Thor: Ragnarok has earned $121 million on it's domestic opening weekend and has broken the opening record in China for a November release with $55 million. The film now stands at nearly $430 million world wide.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    I'm very happy to read this, as I enjoyed the film immensely. I hope it continues to do big business this weekend, as it's only got a few weeks to dominate globally before Justice League hits.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Looks like Disney's in talks to buy 21st Century Fox.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Let me guess. The X-Men and the Fantastic Four are coming to the MCU in Phase Four. ;)
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Hugh Jackman would get his wish to fight the Hulk granted then.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Looks like Disney's in talks to buy 21st Century Fox.

They will become an entertainment behemoth!!
    Don't count your chickens yet :

https://cbr.com/disney-fox-deal-reportedly-dead/
    Good!
    Dead or not, Fox has shown its hand. From what I've read, it wants out of entertainment because it can't develop those assets as efficiently as its competitors in a consolidating marketplace. They are potentially looking to slim down to a news entity only. So it's either Disney or someone else who will buy those assets.

I can't see MGM lasting much longer either. They will try to build out their business but this is increasingly becoming an industry of behemoths.
    Do we think that this could suggest Warner Brothers for Bond 25? Or does Sony have one last possible hurrah with the final film of the Craig era?
    edited November 2017 Posts: 40,500
    From here on out, original Marvel TV shows will air on Disney's in-development streaming service. Unconfirmed if the current slate of shows will leave Netflix at that time, but it's likely:

http://www.slashfilm.com/no-more-new-marvel-netflix-shows/

11 character posters for Black Panther:

http://www.slashfilm.com/black-panther-character-posters/
    The King
    DONLSEDVAAAiZnW.jpg

DONMMo_VwAA-4b5?format=jpg

DONEZUpVAAAZFO7?format=jpg

DOMyb22UMAA3RcI?format=jpg

DONL3ECVQAE7C47?format=jpg

DONMMisWsAAhEiU?format=jpg

DONLGSnUQAASSio?format=jpg

DONbHNcUMAE4YGB.jpg

DONh-pEX4AEVNlK.jpg

DONkRG5W0AAPcYB.jpg

Everett_Ross_1.jpg

These are awesome. The cast and crew; especially with Coog ler writing and directing are going to change the game with this film.

@doubleoego, posted them above you but was way too lazy to copy them all over, so thanks!
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Do we think that this could suggest Warner Brothers for Bond 25? Or does Sony have one last possible hurrah with the final film of the Craig era?
    From my perspective, Sony is increasingly the most likely choice to finish off the incumbent's era. It doesn't appear that we have anything revolutionary in the cards, and they are quite familiar with the product and approach.

RE: Warner: let's see how Justice League does.
  • edited November 2017 Posts: 533
    I just saw "Thor: Ragnarok". Don't get me wrong. It's the first Marvel film that I have actually liked within the past two to three years - along with "Ant-Man".

But honestly? I wasn't that impressed. It could have been better. Heck, I think it could have been a masterpiece along the lines of "Captain America: The Winter Soldier". Unfortunately, some of the characterizations, the amount of time spent on Sakaar and especially the massive amount of humor simply ruined that potential. At least to me.

Let me guess. The X-Men and the Fantastic Four are coming to the MCU in Phase Four.

Oh God.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    The 1st proper trailer for Deadpool 2 has been rated, and is likely to be released in the coming few weeks.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @bondjames @MajorDSmythe @DarthDimi @doubleoego @Creasy47 @ClarkDevlin

(Actual footage from the film starts at around the 90th second mark)
    edited November 2017 Posts: 40,500
    God, that is rich. Excited for this one.
    edited November 2017 Posts: 23,883
    I've yet to see the first one (my Reynolds phobia has gotten the better of me), but will catch it soon. What little we see of the film in that trailer looks pretty good.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Stan Lee states that his favourite comic book movie is the first Spiderman from 2002.
    edited November 2017 Posts: 11,139
    Leaked Avenger Infinity War pics...Proxima looks so cool.

rB0wIC4.jpg?zoom=1.5625&ssl=1

OiFywxt.jpg?zoom=1.5625&ssl=1

Do5UVKa.jpg?zoom=1.5625&ssl=1

00E80D1300DA2AEE6927715D7EBB12327B95F944

Black Panther International Trailer

Why am I loving the blonde Widow so much? :D
    Jude Law has been cast as Mar-Vell, the original Captain Marvel, in the upcoming Captain Marvel film featuring Brie Larson and Samuel L Jackson.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I hope it happens so that he, Robert Downey Jr, Martin Freeman and Benedict Cumberbatch can have a scene together.
    @Agent007391 are there any other Harry Potter cast-members than Jude Law in MCU films so far?
    Shame Captain Britain hasn't had a run out yet.