Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited April 2016 Posts: 11,139
    Steven Weintraub ‏@colliderfrosty 5m5 minutes ago CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR has such incredible action set pieces because you care about the people fighting. It's not just punching bad guys

Germain Lussier ‏@GermainLussier 2m2 minutes ago
    @jeromybme Throw out the comic. Forget about it. This just takes the title. Totally different.

Germain Lussier ‏@GermainLussier 4m4 minutes ago I could go on all night with this but one last thing. The airport scene in Civil War is probably the best superhero action scene ever.

Mike Ryan ‏@mikeryan 2m2 minutes ago Really didn't think I'd care *that* much seeing Spider-Man hanging out with all the other characters. But there he was and it made me happy!

CinemaBlend writer:
    Eric Eisenberg ‏@eeisenberg 17m17 minutes ago Really incredible character work in #CivilWar. Spider-Man, Ant-Man & Black Panther kill it & Wanda/Vision & Bucky/Sam dynamics are wonderful

Todd VanDerWerff – Verified account ‏@tvoti
    The superhero movie Civil War most reminded me of was Spider-man 2. Will have more on Tuesday? I think?

Jeff Goldsmith ‏@yogoldsmith 22m22 minutes ago Loved #CivilWar & you will too! I'm driving so more soon

Jon Schnepp ‏@JonSchnepp 2m2 minutes ago
    This picture was taken BEFORE WE SAW THE MOVIE!!! Airport, Airport, AIRPORT! Black Panther Action was jawdropping!!!

Erik Van Sant Verified account ‏@ErikVanSantCBS5 3m3 minutes ago @CaptainAmerica Civil War is straight up amazing. @Marvel has wowed me endlessly, but this is next-level. #CivilWar #TeamCap#Phase3

@yogoldsmith
    Captain America #CivilWar featured fantastic character driven writing & smart directing with both intense action & emotional moments as well

Jeff Goldsmith ‏@yogoldsmith 36s36 seconds ago Spider-Man was excellently played in #CivilWar. His function in the story, plus the correct amount of humor made it really pitch perfect
    @TillyTweets
    So Captain America: Civil War is pretty good. Spider-Man and the airport brawl are pretty great.

@TillyTweets
    Black Panther is really, regally bad-ass.

@UPROXX
    We have seen 'Captain America: Civil War' and it's incredible. #CaptainAmericaCivilWar

Jonathan Graves ‏@TheDarkPilgrim 24m24 minutes ago
    Civil War is CRAZY, INTENSE FUN! Not to sell its heart short, because the heart carries you through it all. It's got a lot of range tonally!

Jonathan Graves ‏@TheDarkPilgrim 20m20 minutes ago
    Bucky is fantastic! Black Panther, Ant-Man, Spider-Man and Scarlet Witch + Hawkeye + Vision were standouts!

Jonathan Graves ‏@TheDarkPilgrim 20m20 minutes ago
    Iron Man and Cap were heartbreakingly GREAT! Black Widow and Rhodey kicked ass, and Falcon was pitch perfect! Cut the Check!

Jeff Goldsmith
    @JorgenDev Ant-Man was perfectly played - just what you'd expect - but with some surprises too!

@SabinaHasNoR
    Earns the Beat changes, the action, the banter, the high stakes moments. Doesn't disappoint #CaptainAmericaCivilWar

@SabinaHasNoR
    Was asked if the #CaptainAmericaCivilWar film was light or dark. The Russo Bros crafted a script that had great tonal range

@adambvary
    Perhaps a bit late on Twitter, but Captain America: Civil War is the superheroes fighting superheroes movie we deserve and need right now.

• Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    I like what I am hearing so far. I haven't looked hard but haven't seen anything negative yet.

The good thing about the review embargo being lifted this early is that it suggests Marvel is pretty confident with their final product. The bad part is we now have to navigate a spoiler-minefield for a whole month!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited April 2016 Posts: 45,489
    It is encouraging to know that the directors and scriptwriters are also behind the upcoming two Avengers movies.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @doubleoego and @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, you may like this:

MarvelousRealm ‏@MarvelousRealm
    @mjsamps I saw someone say we almost get 30 min of Holland/Spider-Man. Is that right? How much Parker?How much Spidey?

@MarvelousRealm That's about right. Maybe 10 mins of Parker, a good 20 mins of Spidey.
    @doubleoego and @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, you may like this:

Thanks, buddy. That's a great watch.

12803007_1319763754706860_7041268297865403053_n.jpg?oh=ab67cc9fb97d0097d054407741eb1518&oe=5794F73E
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I'm a DC fan(boy) :P

but I wonder what is everybody's Marvel movies Top 10 ranking?

1. Winter Soldier
    2. Blade
    3. Spider-Man 1
    4. Captain America 1
    5. X-Men 1
    6. Avengers 1
    7. Iron Man 1
    8. The Wolverine
    9. Iron Man 3
    10. X-Men First Class
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I'm doing a run through of all the films before CW, so I'll update accordingly when I'm done. I've not seen a lot of the recent ones, so I'm looking forward to this.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    but I wonder what is everybody's Marvel movies Top 10 ranking?
    Off the top of my head...........
    1. Winter Soldier
    2. Iron Man 1
    3. Avengers 1
    4. X-Men 1
    5. X-Men 2
    6. X-Men 3
    7. Spider-Man 1
    8. Spiderman2
    9. Spiderman 3
    10. X-Men First Class
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    If anyone is interested in how much time Peter Parker and Spider-Man have in 'Civil War':

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/captain_america/captain_america_civil_war/heres-how-much-screentime-peter-parker-a137282
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    If anyone is interested in how much time Peter Parker and Spider-Man have in 'Civil War':

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/captain_america/captain_america_civil_war/heres-how-much-screentime-peter-parker-a137282

I want to know NO more about the movie. ;)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I really love this fan-art poster someone made for this film, and this is how I hope the movie plays out:

http://pre06.deviantart.net/d3e9/th/pre/i/2015/180/5/b/captain_america__civil_war_teaser_poster_by_andrewss7-d8z9c5z.jpg

As in the comics, I hope Peter is the one in between both Cap and Tony, unsure of his real loyalties. Because Pete is a kid this time around, feeling the weight of the world on his shoulders as this war unleashes. It's something he's completely found himself lost inside, and it would be a great introduction to the character and his struggles to find himself in a world that is beyond what even Uncle Ben's last words could've prepared him for.

I love the above fan poster, because in just a simple composition, it shows exactly who I think Cap and Tony are in personality and as men, and how they will act in this movie. Cap is grabbing Peter higher up on the arm, like an old man would to stop and tell you something wise. It's a grip that shows no ill will or evil intent, like Cap is only holding on to Peter to impart something important to him. Tony on the other hand is grabbing Pete just above the wrist, which conveys the words "I want you" to my eyes and mind. It shows that Tony is aggressive in getting what he wants and that he refuses to except anything less, conforming to his silver spoon childhood and personality. I imagine he will have a strong hold/control over Peter, so much so that he may even feed his head with false ideas of Cap to turn the boy more to his side.

I see Spidey starting out with Tony (I don't know how they'll get together, but I'm excited to see), and then, over time, Peter will find himself gravitating more and more towards Cap's side.

I just hope they don't make Tony like the villain in this movie, because there's moments in the comics where he's unrecognizably cruel. Who goes so far as to assemble a dangerous band of super villains to send after their old friends? Come on, Tony. I want the film to present both men as justified in their actions and viewpoints, without either going too far into character assassination territory.

Cap conveys to my mind a level-headed, big-hearted guy that just wants to make the world a better place as much as he can. It's why I think he'll win more hearts than Tony, who I think will do some manipulative stuff in the film, and why I think Cap will be the one to call off the big fight when he sees what they're all doing to each other and the innocents around them.

Cap's essentially Superman for Marvel.
    That fan art poster is sensational.

Michael Calia
    Michael Calia – Verified account ‏@Michael_Calia

After seeing 'Captain America: Civil War,' I'll say these two things: 1. It'll make a ton of money. 2. Bring on 'Black Panther.'

nived ‏@devincf I am pretty sure CIVIL WAR passes the Bechdel test, but it’s fairly minor. CW in general is the most diverse superhero movie yet.

If you want to hear some more stuff about the film, James Gunn was talking a bit about the movie on his FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/jgunn

This is ONE movie I KNOW I'll see more than once theatrically.
    @doubleoego, it looks like your dreams of getting a perfect onscreen Black Panther are unanimously guaranteed. Congrats, my friend. I am now picturing you leaving the theaters in May, hopping so high you nearly crack your head on the ceiling.
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    edited April 2016 Posts: 543
    It's nice to see the film getting good reviews. Now it's a month long wait til it comes out!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2016 Posts: 15,692
    I will see 'Civil War' just before @doubleoego, as the film comes out in France earlier than most countries. However, I am more excited in reading @doubleoego's review than actually watching the film by myself. And I am already pretty excited to see this film.
    @doubleoego, it looks like your dreams of getting a perfect onscreen Black Panther are unanimously guaranteed.
    I was a fan of the comic back in the day. I'm thrilled as well. Finally, a true black superhero on the big screen! It's about damn time.
    @DaltonCraig007, it truly is a beautiful thing to watch people who are passionate about something get all worked up over it in joyous excitation.

For instance, I'm not a Star Wars fan, but I was giddy and smiling ever time I saw fans going nuts about it leading up to release because I was happy they were happy, and that they had something that did for them what Bond and Batman and Holmes have done for me.

We need more of that in the world; people being happy in pursuit of what sets their hearts aflame.

I'm looking forward to hearing @doubleoego's thoughts on CW as well. He's my barometer for superhero films and we seem to have similar tastes.
    I feel like I'm dreaming right now. Back in 2002 when the first spidey film came out I almost had a mental breakdown from over excitement. Finally, a spider-man movie. Fast forward 14 years later we're getting a movie that has cap, iron man, ant-man, vision, black panther, spider-man etc ... all in the same film? Just saying it out loud is still hard to believe. I am so super excited for this film and I really hope I love it. The reception the characters have received in this film have been great and as spidey and black panther are my 2 favourite comic book characters I'm glad they've stood out in the best way possible. I'll be seeing this movie at least twice on opening day alone. Can't wait!

Check out these new interviews with some of the cast.

More high praise...

https://twitter.com/SassyMamainLA/st...54984310636544
    Yolanda Machado ‏@SassyMamainLA
    Captain America Civil War restored my faith in superhero movies. Entertaining, well thought out + fun. Definitely a must see.

Jeremy Smith ‏@mrbeaks
    CIVIL WAR is Marvel in full, triumphant stride. As long as they treat the characters w/ this much respect & affection, I’ll keep lining up.

jen yamato ‏@jenyamato
    Captain America: Civil War = somehow the most fun & the most sobering of our modern superhero movies. Would watch again right now.

Civil War also sets up new MCU characters in ways that make you actually give a **** & want to see more, which BvS proves isn't so easy

Damon ‏@houx
    CAPTAIN AMERICA is a Marvel
    Quote:
    Damon ‏@houx
    One of the best parts of CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR is how it takes care of both Spider-Man and Black Panther's origin stories.

Sean Gerber from ModernMythMedia.com

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Yolanda Machado
    Captain America Civil War restored my faith in superhero movies. Entertaining, well thought out + fun. Definitely a must see.
    Black Panther + Spiderman are fantastic additions. Whoever added the@ChrisEvans flex/grrr moment? God Bless you. #CaptainAmericaCivilWar

https://twitter.com/SassyMamainLA/st...54984310636544
    https://twitter.com/SassyMamainLA/st...5581162869

#CaptainAmericaCivilWar was the best of the best superhero movies. Breathtaking, fun, and emotional. A new bar is set!

https://twitter.com/NukeTheFridge/st...79385672372224

Thank you @marvel #CaptainAmericaCivilWar wiped that bad taste right outta my mouth from #BatmanVSuperman still high off the excitement!

Brandon Davis @BrandonDavisBD
    Captain America: Civil War: 9.8/10
    Truly epic, gigantic super hero film with on point emotional beats and the best action sequences to date.
    10:38am - 10 Apr 16

Brandon Davis @BrandonDavisBD
    That said, his action sequences are easily some of the best. Best Spider-Man action in film to date.
    1:17pm - 10 Apr 16

Adrian Askarieh @AdrianAskarieh
    #CaptainAmericaCivilWar is one of the 5 best superhero movies to date.It is the culmination of and payoff for "shared universe" concept. Wow
    10:36am - 10 Apr 16

The best Spiderman. Black Panther is perfectly executed. The action is far superior to any superhero movie to date. #CaptainAmericaCivilWar
    10:50am - 10 Apr 16

Jeremy Smith
    @DavidZavac This afternoon. Unabashedly loved it. My new favorite Marvel movie.

Brandon from Comicbook.com speaks on Civil War (No Spoilers)
    https://www.facebook.com/comicbookdo...3483732865544/

#CaptainAmericaCivilWar services every ****ing character. Profoundly efficient. Profoundly entertaining. I'm still dumbfounded.
    2:54pm - 10 Apr 16

Still can't over the blissful confection #CaptainAmericaCivilWar is. Everything comes together. #purejoy
    2:23pm - 10 Apr 16

Jeremy Smith @mrbeaks
    CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR is a classic double-size issue. Stuffed with incident, great splash pages, but never feels busy. Still beaming.
    2:5

Josh Hatala ‏@jmhatala 2m2 minutes ago Los Angeles, CA
    I don't want to oversell it, but #CivilWar is the best movie I've seen in a long, long time. #TeamCap

Taty ‏@coolchillmom 2m2 minutes ago
    A MUST See! Just screened #CaptainAmericaCivilWar - get your tickets! Prepare to be wowed!!! In theaters May 6! #CaptainAmericaEvent

David Mello ‏@impalergeneral 3m3 minutes ago
    So the message in #CaptainAmericaCivilWar is; "Dear #zacksnyder, this is how it's done, you knob?" I'm sold.

Dusty Pendleton ‏@AsMomSeesIt 22m22 minutes ago
    Wow. Just wow. You will not be disappointed! #CaptainAmericaEvent #TeamCap #CaptainAmericaCivilWar

Coralie ‏@CoralieSeright 22m22 minutes ago
    #CaptainAmericaCivilWar is the best @Marvel movie yet! It will rock you!
    Go see it May 6! #CaptainAmericaEvent #TeamCap

Kelly Stilwell ‏@kellystilwell 20m20 minutes ago
    There are no words. And if there were, I couldn't tell you anyway. #CaptainAmericaEvent #TeamCap #embargo

April Golightly ‏@april_golightly 17m17 minutes ago Los Angeles, CA
    The movie was amazing!! I'm ready to watch it again! #CaptainAmericaEvent #Teamcap

Dusty Pendleton ‏@AsMomSeesIt 10m10 minutes ago
    Pick a side and prepare for some insane fight scenes and endless action. #CaptainAmericaEvent #TeamCap #CaptainAmericaCivilWar
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Aren't they debuting a clip at the MTV awards tonight?
    I will read nor hear nothing more on this subject; it's too close to release now.
    [self-imposed blackout>ENGAGE!]
    Yes, there's supposed to be a clip at the MTV awards.

Anyway, another spoiler-free review

• Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    jake24 wrote: »
    Aren't they debuting a clip at the MTV awards tonight?

Yep,
    The evening also included exclusive sneak peeks at highly anticipated films Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Captain America: Civil War and the world premiere of the Blitz Trailer for Suicide Squad.

http://www.etonline.com/news/186413_2016_mtv_movie_awards_complete_list_of_winners/
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator