Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Civil War will be everything BvS sadly has not been and I am saying this as a die-hard DC fan.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    bondjames wrote: »
    Has anyone said this film is a PoS? I'm just curious because everything seems to be only +ve which is great, but surely there are a few dissenters out there, for varieties sake.

The only negative thing I've heard is that Baron Zemo was a lackluster villain.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    @DarthDimi, @chrisisall and a few others here will lose their sh*t: Michael KEATON could return to the superhero genre, as he is eyed for a villain role in the upcoming Spiderman film.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/michael-keaton-spider-man-villain-homecoming-2-1201752759/

Yep. I lost it. Definitely. \m/
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    bondjames wrote: »
    Has anyone said this film is a PoS? I'm just curious because everything seems to be only +ve which is great, but surely there are a few dissenters out there, for varieties sake.

The only negative thing I've heard is that Baron Zemo was a lackluster villain.

Yeah, can't remember which review it was but they said had Zemo not been in this they would have given the movie 10/10.
    This film isn't flawless but at tge moment, for now it's getting all overwhelming positive reviews and is largely being hailed as the best comic book movie ever.
    Forbes review by Mark Hughes:

"
    ...that’s what it all boils down to, dear readers; This is the best Marvel yet, with the greatest superhero action on film. It’s immense, marvelous action-packed fun, but with a fantastically detailed and emotionally powerful character-driven story matched by equally fabulous performances. The Marvel heroes have never been better than they are in Captain America: Civil War, and after two viewings with time in between to consider what I saw and compare it to other films, I am left feeling certain that Civil War has replaced The Avengers as the single greatest pure superhero movie ever made."
    BvS is a Godsend for Civil War.
    After the disappointment of the year CW will likely feel like a fresh breathe of air and probably do the BO BvS was supposed to do.
    edited April 2016 Posts: 11,139
    Yeah based on both critic reviews and early audience reviews(there werr early audience screenings last night) civil war is going to be HUGE. It's already a critical success and it's already tracking to have the second highest box office opening of all time at $220 million. This film is going to bank a billion dollars easily.

Purely based on the reception so far for this movie, for me, Captain America is the greatest superhero trilogy of all time; which is something I didn't ever see happening.

Review from HeyUguys

http://www.heyuguys.com/review-captain-america-civil-war/

5/5
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Dr. Strange Trailer.

Marvel looks to have another winner on its hands. Chris Nolan's influences (Batman Begins & Inception) are clear imho:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=110&v=Lt-U_t2pUHI
    Another positive review....35 for 35 reviews POSITIVE

http://iheardthatmoviewas.com/movie-reviews/captain-america-civil-war-review/

5/5
    video non-spoiler review 10/10

:-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O

tumblr_o5u8fvTZjg1tf70vho1_540.gif

tumblr_o5u8x5TxnV1tlgqkgo2_500.gif

tumblr_o5u8x5TxnV1tlgqkgo1_500.gif

^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I've been holding out from watching MCU films while waiting for 'Civil War', but I think i'll watch a few of them in the coming week before seeing Capt 3 on the big screen next wednesday.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I'm running through all of them leading up to Cap 3's release. On Iron Man 2 right now.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I'm running through all of them leading up to Cap 3's release. On Iron Man 2 right now.

I'll be doing the same, come early May, as the US release isn't until the 6th.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    That's a good idea. I think I'll do the same. It's an excuse to watch them all again.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Heck, I'll also rewatch the whole series, and not just a few of them.
    Cineworld are doing a feature on the 28th where they'll be showing all 3 cap movies back to back.
    OMG
    OMG
    I can't believe what I've just done
    I feel guilty
    I feel dirty
    I am a traitor
    I will be punished for this?
    OMG
    I just bought the first non DC comic book in my life, Marvel's Civil War Special Edition

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    OMG
    OMG
    I can't believe love what I've just done
    I feel guilty excited
    I feel dirty alive
    I am a traitor superfan
    I will be punished adored and respected for this?
    OMG
    I just bought the first non DC comic book in my life, Marvel's Civil War Special Edition

Fixed it for you, @BondJasonBond006. Congratulations! You lose the opportunity to read so many great books by being DC only, and the sooner you stop that the happier you will be.
    OMG
    OMG
    I can't believe love what I've just done
    I feel guilty excited
    I feel dirty alive
    I am a traitor superfan
    I will be punished adored and respected for this?
    OMG

Fixed it for you, @BondJasonBond006. Congratulations! You lose the opportunity to read so many great books by being DC only, and the sooner you stop that the happier you will be.

Wow, thank you :-* that's really thoughtful of you :)

It was a big step for me :) I can't wait to read it and here I had to take photos immediately :))

full.jpg
    full.jpg
    edited April 2016 Posts: 11,139
    A press screening ended here in the UK

James Gilmore ‏@TheJamesGilmore 1m1 minute ago
    Captain America Civil War will knock you out. It's massive in every sense of the word

boydhiltonVerified account ‏@boydhilton 1m minute ago
    Captain America: Civil War - approximately 37 times better than Batman V Superman.

Appreciate they want storylines to carry into next films but some sense of resolution would be nice. #TeamCap #CaptainAmerica #CivilWar

Ian Sandwell ‏@ian_sandwell 5m5 minutes ago
    Captain America: Civil War is a knockout. Emotionally involving and consistently thrilling. Quite brilliant.

Matt Boucher ‏@MattBouch 8m8 minutes ago London, England
    Captain America: Civil War is one hell of a film! The 3D added absolutely nothing though.

FilmLand Empire ‏@FilmLandEmpire 10m10 minutes ago
    CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR So ridiculously good I'm shaking. Black Panther! Spiderman! Ant Man!!!

Matt Risley ‏@spliggle 12m12 minutes ago
    Captain America: Civil War is a bit brilliant. Spider-Man & Black Panther = amazing. Cap & Iron Man = all the feels.

Marc ▫️MFC ▪️ ‏@marcfc 20m0 minutes agoLondon, England

Captain America Civil War, the best Marvel yet, the best Spider-Man yet and the trailer barely gives anything away #TeamCap

Helen O'Hara ‏@HelenLOHara
    It should surprise no one that I enjoyed the hell out of #CivilWar. Hilarious, emotional, extremely punchy. #TeamCap obvs.

Still on #CivilWar, Spider-Man, Ant-Man and Vision are delightful. Black Panther is more serious but fascinating.
    Ryan Leston ‏@RyanLeston 21m21 minutes ago

Wow, okay... saw #CaptainAmericaCivilWar. Brilliant. @TomHolland1996 is the definitive big screen Spider-Man. Strong words, I know. I loved Andrew Garfield, but he was even better. Straight from the comic book with some great lines and killer scenes. Also, Chadwick Boseman makes an excellent Black Panther. Can't wait to see more from him. Most importantly, #CaptainAmericaCivilWar is a blueprint for doing multi-hero comic book movies right. It's just brilliant. #TeamCap

Sky Movies ‏@skymovies 12m12 minutes ago The rumours are true: #CaptainAmericaCivilWar's fantastic. Spider-Man even surpasses the Raimi era. #TeamCap

MTVUK
    Bex April May Verified account ‏@bexlectric 1h1 hour ago Wandsworth, London #CaptainAmericaCivilWar is 100% FUN! Counting down the days to @TomHolland1996's Spider-man movie PS #TEAMCAP
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    doubleoego wrote: »
    boydhiltonVerified account ‏@boydhilton 1m minute ago
    Captain America: Civil War - approximately 37 times better than Batman V Superman.

Dammit, I was hoping for 38!

Matt Boucher ‏@MattBouch 8m8 minutes ago London, England
    Captain America: Civil War is one hell of a film! The 3D added absolutely nothing though.

I've never seen a movie where it does.

FilmLand Empire ‏@FilmLandEmpire 10m10 minutes ago
    CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR So ridiculously good I'm shaking. Black Panther! Spiderman! Ant Man!!!

Now if you begin to feel an intense and crushing feeling of religious terror at the concept, don't be alarmed. That indicates only that you are still sane.

Marc ▫️MFC ▪️ ‏@marcfc 20m0 minutes agoLondon, England

Captain America Civil War, the best Marvel yet, the best Spider-Man yet and the trailer barely gives anything away #TeamCap

Unlike some other superhero movies recently.

Still on #CivilWar, Spider-Man, Ant-Man and Vision are delightful. Black Panther is more serious but fascinating.

Exactly how Black Panther should be.
    Even MGS creator Hideous Kojima is praising civil war;;calling it a masterpiece:

https://mobile.twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/722789299909820416
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Even MGS creator Hideous Kojima is praising civil war;;calling it a masterpiece:

https://mobile.twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/722789299909820416

Hideous? What's he done to you?
    haha...bloody auto correct.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    'Spider-Man: Homecoming' loses Michael Keaton but gains Iron Man:

http://deadline.com/2016/04/spider-man-michael-keaton-out-iron-man-robert-downey-jr-1201741663/
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @doubleoego, see the above link. ;)
    Ah...I see the RDJ in your link. Sorry, buddy. My bad.