Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I see it in 45 minutes B-)

Re-watched Winter Soldier this afternoon.

You will be crying again.

Tears of joy I hope ;)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Just came back from 'Civil War'. I need to get my head around it.

Fantastic movie, just bloody f*ckingtastic.

Without spoilers: very emotional film. Best 2 characters: Black Panther and SPIDERMAN. This new Spiderman is an absolute riot, the entire audience was laughing every 10 seconds or so at his lines and moves. His solo movie is going to be massive. Rest of the cast was insane too.

Those fights are just insane, I think @doubleoego said the guys from 'John Wick' worked on them? It shows.

Wow just wow.

@doubleoego will lose his shit when he sees the movie tomorrow. His dream of Blank Panther and Spiderman on the big screen are by far the most awesome characters in this new MCU film.

8325_1d05.gif
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I see it in 45 minutes B-)

Re-watched Winter Soldier this afternoon.

You will be crying again.

Tears of joy I hope ;)

No, you will be sad.
    Half-time in Civil War.
    I'm like this:
    8325_1d05.gif
    People are exalted!
    Now enjoying the break with a Martini, can't wait for the second half!

@doubleoego thanks for that gif, bloody spot-on how I feel right now.
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    ^With excitement like that, I wouldn't want a break. I would just want to continue watching the movie until the end.
    Civil war a great movie.
    Can 'Captain America: Civil War' Score $2 Billion And Become Marvel's Biggest Blockbuster?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2016/04/27/can-captain-america-civil-war-score-2-billion-and-become-marvels-biggest-blockbuster/#3b95a5bd44fa

Furthermore...Civil War made an enormous record breaking opening day in South Korea

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/4301-south-korea-box-office-2016-bvs-dawn-of-collapse/?page=367
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Do we see the movie before we get arrested, at least, once the fight turns into a mass riot and we cause chaos amongst all the film goers? :D

@Creasy47, of course. Trust me, it'll all work out beautifully.

If we have to do community service after our arrests, we'll also have to see if we can get brief employment at the same theater chain so that we can sneak into Cap 3 again when we're supposed to be working off our bad deeds. We're too smart for law enforcement, I tell ya.
    edited April 2016 Posts: 9,020
    Civil War is all that I hoped BvS would be.

Still trying to let the finale sink in.
    If that wasn't the bloody greatest 20 minutes in comic book movie history...
    Alone for this I will go for a re-watch!
    @jasonbond what score would you give it out of 10?

I'm attending a triple bill of all 3 Cap films at my local cinema tonight from 7pm. I'm so pumped!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2016 Posts: 15,692
    @doubleoego This is a 10/10 like 'Guardians of the Galaxy', 'Winter Soldier' and the first 'Iron Man'. Only this time a triple A noted 10/10.
    @doubleoego This is a 10/10 like 'Guardians of the Galaxy', 'Winter Soldier' and the first 'Iron Man'. Only this time a triple A noted 10/10.

Oh wow. I knew this film.will be good and I'm expecting great things but all this positive buzz from critics and fans seems almost too good to be true. Not long to go now
    :D
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Can't wait to hear your views, @doubleoego! The last 15 minutes of the film are very, very tough, emotional.
    edited April 2016 Posts: 9,020
    10/10 wouldn't be enough.
    Today I say it is already in my Top 10 best movies ever. Seriously.
    @doubleoego
    Which means it's in company of movies like Star Trek First Contact, GoldenEye, Batman Begins, Shaun Of The Dead (which are my all time favourites)
    It's better than Guardians or Winter Soldier even.
    Only Spectre and Mad Max Fury Road had me this exalted and excited in the last 10 years. Civil War is even better than this two, hence makes my Top 10 best movies ever.
    Still trying to get it into my head.
    The last 20 minutes had me near a heart attack of excitement!

Hell I fear it will break my all time Top 3, something almost unthinkable considering the nostalgic value of FirstContact GoldenEye and Batman Begins...
    I'm shocked...

I'm trembling writing this down and I'm 40 years old for Christ's sake :-O
    I feel like a teenager discovering sex :))
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    So it was all right?
    A Civil War spoilers allowed thread should be opened!!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Me when reading all these reactions:

tumblr_nqz8vte2Et1tq4of6o1_500.gif

I love that you love it, boys! May 6th can't get here soon enough.
    Ok guys, we've just got through first Avenger and winter soldier and civil war's about to start any minute!!

Will report in a few hours! So insanely pumped!!
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Ok guys, we've just got through first Avenger and winter soldier and civil war's about to start any minute!!

Will report in a few hours! So insanely pumped!!

I wish I could see Winter Soldier again on the big screen :)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I simply cannot wait for this film.
    Me when reading all these reactions:

tumblr_nqz8vte2Et1tq4of6o1_500.gif

I love that you love it, boys! May 6th can't get here soon enough.

By May 6th I will have seen it 8 times probably :))
    At the moment I cannot imagine a day passing without seeing that film
    :D it's addictive!
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    jake24 wrote: »
    I simply cannot wait for this film.
    Same here. I preorded my tickets on Tuesday as some of the theaters near me were completely sold out already for next Friday!
    It's a beautiful thing, and I know this film is going to destroy/crash/implode and then rebuild the box office. Honestly, it's so well deserved.

Marvel and Disney have stumbled along the way, but overall they've charted a nearly perfect course of films for nearly a decade now and have in that time given each hero a moment to shine and develop beautifully on their own as fully dimensional characters, which I think Age of Ultron especially did well. The reason why Civil War will be so satisfying is because we've seen these guys and gals together for so long, and seeing them fight is like watching your own friends go at it. Every punch and kick the heroes share has been earned through our long emotional investment, and that's why this is hitting so hard for audiences and truly giving us what the genre should be at this point in time. It's proof that superhero movies aren't staling; audiences are simply getting more demanding and won't settle for just visuals anymore. They want depth and story and character, but also with a little fun and hope mixed in. Cap 3 will only continue to do what Nolan's Batman films did, showing people that these movies, when done right, become pieces of fine art.

I'm excited to see what they've continued to do with Cap in this film, what journey he and Tony take in the movie and how they've managed to use Black Panther and Spider-Man. Just goes to show that you can pack a movie full of content and still score a winner as long as you stay true to your characters and deliver stories that have both darkness, consequence, and depth, but also hope and endurance.

And at the end of the day, that's what these movies should be about. We live in such dismal days, where every morning something more devastating is reported on the news. We don't need that in our superhero movies too, especially when those films should be giving us heroes making tough choices, but ultimately coming through in the end to stand up for their principles and protect innocents.

Which is why, if they do this right, Chris Evans will own this movie as Cap, playing him as a man who didn't ask for the mark on his back. He's the heart and soul of the team, the one more than anyone that is always worried about everyone else over himself, and then some. His near fatal selflessness is endearing, and his war days are still so heavily with him, in his very DNA, that to leave just one person behind kills him inside. That's the Cap I know I'll see here, and I'm sure there'll be plenty of times where I get emotional. Seeing him drinking with his old army pals in Age of Ultron took me aback, so here I know my tear ducts are in danger of assault.

I'm just so through the roof that this film is getting praises. I count you all as very good friends with similar hearts and interests, and I know how much we all wanted and needed this one to be a winner, so to see such universal love for this movie and what it's trying to do, especially after so many hyped films recently have underperformed critically and financially, just feels so electric.

giphy.gif

tumblr_nkpb0640Of1qcm3fwo1_500.gif

jeremy-renner.gif

tumblr_inline_noxg5m3xh61rerlyv_500.gif

yeeeaaahhh-loki.gif

tumblr_m9dp3vCSMT1qeeqito3_250.gif

tumblr_m729ct07Yc1rsy50k.gif
    Christ ALMIGHTY!!

Just finished seeing civil war!

Best comic book movie ever! That's it. Simple.

The story, the action the emotional last 20 minutes. I can't even process adequately what I just watched.

This film was brutal and insanely entertaining. This is NOT Avengers 2.5. This is very much a captain America film and it was beyond glorious.

Black Widow's fight in Lagos was INSANE and surprised me how good it was, Cap and Iron Man went balls deep, Spider-Man was fucking fantastic, easily the best cinematic incarnation of the character ever and my guy, King T'Challa/Black Panther...damn, he was bloody superb, he had that elevated sense of presence and monarchical authority and the way he fought...jeeeeez! Catching this again tomorrow!
    @doubleoego, I'm glad you loved it, buddy. If you went back in time and told your five-year-old self this moment was coming one day, what do you think he'd say?
    My 5 year old self would probably just faint haha
    So happy you loved it, @doubleoego!
    WHERE IS THE CIVIL WAR THREAD BLOODY HELL :))

CIVIL WAR
    -rocks
    -kicks ass
    -is addictive
    -an endless comic nerdgasm
    -best comic book movie ever (yes, probably even better than Batman Begins for Christ's sake)
    -exhilarating, exciting, exalting
    -bloody perfect
    -emotional roller-coaster ride
    -fantastic cast
    -cinematography, direction simply brilliant
    -score mesmerizing
    -you will not know which side to take, it's tearing you apart to the end
    -near perfect script
    -puts the so-called versus in Batsy v Supes to shame
    -The 12th movie in the Avengers series simply is the best yet, astonishing achievement
    -Spidey is awesome!!!! Bring on that solo Spidey film asap!!
    -BEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE EVER
    EVER
    EVER
    EVEEEEERRRRR
    Holy crap, I can't take all this good news. I'm seriously starting to feel light headed.

I hope, HOPE, the conversations between Netflix and Marvel over the Punisher deal went like this:

Netflix CEO: "Jeph, the numbers are in and it's unanimous over here: we all loved Bernthal as Frank Castle, and we think it's time to really take advantage of the fan interest and give him a series of his own."

Jeph Loeb: "That's fantastic news! We can get people running on this thing right way. How many episodes are you ordering?"

Netflix CEO: "One batch." B-)