Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Infinity War will have a budget of $500 million per film. Heaven knows what the Russo Brothers can prepare us with that amount of money.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I can sleep soundly and not worry about anything regarding Infinity War knowing the Russos are at the helm. It's just a matter if waiting to get to see something mind-blowingly special.
    China Box Office ‏@ChinaBoxOffice
    CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR earned est. 9.0M on Monday, China's 4-day total is now est. $105.3M

China Box Office ‏@ChinaBoxOffice
    CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR is now the 5th straight Disney release to gross >$100M in China after Ant-Man, Star Wars, Zootopia, & Jungle Book
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    'The Wolverine 3' is now filming; R-rating confirmed, expect it to be very "violent" and with a tone similar to that of a western:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men/the_wolverine/simon-kinberg-reveals-wolverine-3-has-already-started-filming-a141455
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Excellent news.
    Wonderwoman is DC not marvel lol

And Btw Doubleego I haven't backed down from the bet but I realize you will try your best to fanagle things so that it looks like marvel won
    You know you comic book fans are going to see it either way.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    You know you comic book fans are going to see it either way.

What I am thrilled to see Wonder Woman. Between her the solo batman film and justice league I am very very happy.

I actually have an interest in 'Wonder Woman' shockingly, solely because of Robin Wright. One of my favorite actresses.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I actually have an interest in 'Wonder Woman' shockingly, solely because of Robin Wright. One of my favorite actresses.

Does she play an Amazon? You do mean Robin Wright Penn?
    Yes. I have no idea who she plays, haven't followed the production at all, I just recall scanning through movie news one day and seeing that she was in the cast.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 5,849
    Yes and yes :

vulture.com/2016/03/first-look-at-robin-wright-in-wonder-woman.html#

329DD5D500000578-0-image-a-8_1459179060342.jpg

Back to Marvel : In its frist week here in France, Civil War managed to do better than BvS : 1 354 401 tickets sold vs. 1 251 205. Not bad at all. Now, let's see if the movie has legs.
    Yes. I have no idea who she plays, haven't followed the production at all, I just recall scanning through movie news one day and seeing that she was in the cast.

Glad you like her so much, Home At The End Of The World and Message In A Bottle belong to my favourite drama films, have seen both at least 10 times.
    Risico007 wrote: »

And Btw Doubleego I haven't backed down from the bet but I realize you will try your best to fanagle things so that it looks like marvel won

"LOOKS like Marvel won"?

:))

Compadre, the moment Snyder became involved with any of the DC movies, it was no longer a contest. However, I look forward to all the non Snyder DC movies.

Does she play an Amazon? You do mean Robin Wright Penn?

Yes.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

It's not a matter of "looks like". Marvel just has smarter people behind their movies than DC does. Affleck will do great things with the solo Batman film, but anything Snyder-related will flounder because the man clearly doesn't understand DC's characters.
    To be honest I am not #1 fan of every Marvel movie, and it just so happens that my fave Marvel movies are the ones that everyone hates...

Civil War sure had boring elements in it but overall I left the cinema with like 30+ minutes of pure awesomness which is fucking amazing!!!!

So...here's my MCU ranking:

1. Civil War
    2.Age of Ultron
    3.Iron Man 2
    4. Thor 2
    5. Avengers
    6. Ant-man
    7. Iron Man
    8. Iron Man 3
    9. Guardians of the Galaxy
    10. Winter Soldier
    11. Thor
    12. The Incredible Hulk
    13. The first avenger

First 6 movies are movies I enjoyed. After that we have movies that are hit and miss and I don't think they're throughtly amazing or interesting and they had boring moments.

The First Avengers is and always will be the worst MCU movie (or so I hope). 100% boring .

So....since this is the first time I agree with everyone else...Civil War is pretty damn good I guess :D (altough...I think I enjoyed AoU for most of the movie as opposed to Civil War which kind of lost me for 20 mins..)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Having just seen CW, I can say with confidence that this is certainly without a doubt Marvel's best outing and one of the best superhero films I've seen.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 11,139
    Ghat-dammit....some people never learn. When Fox made that jab comment about X-Men Apocalypse being "bigger than a civil war"; they were treading ground that WB/DC dared to walk and inevitably fell on and became buried under...and now...

"'X-Men: Apocalypse' Review: It's A Franchise-Killing Disaster" - Forbes‎

The reviews for it are mixed to negative. Silly Fox Studios. After the abomination that was the f4ntastic 4 reboot, Fox should have known better to position their face firmly in place for splattered egg to be smeared all over it.
    To be honest X-Men is over, they are milking it. It should end now and go on hiatus for a decade at least.
    Captain America: Civil War Passes the $700 Million Mark

Marvel‘s Captain America: Civil War added $13.3 million domestically and $18.8 million internationally on Monday for a global total of $32.1 million for the day. That means the film has already earned $192.5 million in North America and $512.8 million overseas. Worldwide, the Anthony and Joe Russo-directed movie is up to $705.3 million.
    It more or less shattered Jungle Book in Switzerland :) Hugely successful.
    Both 'Civil War' and 'The Jungle Book' are successful. Knockout year for Disney so far.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4184&p=.htm

Universal Pictures had a record year in 2015 with domestic ticket sales topping $2.44 billion on the heels of such successes as Jurassic World ($652M), Furious 7 ($353M) and Minions ($336M). In the process it became the fastest studio to cross $1 billion, doing so in just 165 days.

Disney Makes History, Topping $1 Billion in Domestic Ticket Sales in Just 128 Days.
    Am I the only person on the planet who just isn't excited or impressed with Civil war? I mean it's looking like a rental for me but if it really is the best thing ever maybe I will see it in theaters
    Extremely successful. It's not a perfect film, no movie is; but it gets so many things right and you can see the passion of the talent involved in making this. CW is a movie that shows audiences who these characters are and have been and why these characters are so loved in the first place and gives everyone a opportunity to shine wonderfully, which is where BvS failed amongst many other short comings and is where this new X-Men film has also faltered, which has been one of the ongoing problems with Singer's X-Men movies.

Singer doesn't get the X-Men and can't handle the ensemble of characters properly. Instead, he favours to focus mainly on Wolverine and the played out Charles and Magneto beef. Worse yet, Jennifer Lawrence's Mystique character has taken center stage yet again while important and influential characters like Cyclops and Storm are horrendously underutilised and sidelined. This franchise has sooooo much potential but it's constantly being hampered and Singer's X-Men movies consistently feel from a technical standpoint like they're made in the early 2000s. Things have changed a great deal since then. Iron Man, TDK, X-Men first class, The Avengers, Civil War...They've elevated and taken the genre forward and have raised standards that someone like Singer, given his contribution to the genre should be doing a lot better.

Anyway, CW's overall success from critics, fans and general audiences definitely deserves the huge money it's making and much credit goes to the talent in front of and behind the camera for an amazing job well done.

$Billion+ for CW is just around the corner.
    @Risico007, can't hurt to go and decide for yourself. The reviews are amazing, but if you are finding yourself seeing it as worthy of a rental only, don't waste your money.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    It's much more than a rental, just for Spidey & Aunt May alone, imho.
    Am I the only person on the planet who just isn't excited or impressed with Civil war? I mean it's looking like a rental for me but if it really is the best thing ever maybe I will see it in theaters

It's everything BvS should have been and I'm saying this as a huge DC fanboy as you know.
    Of course that's just imho