Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

Civil War is here, though due to work god knows when I can fit it in over the next week gr.
    New "Newsfront" clip :

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Catching CW again tonight!
    Boxoffice.com: $200 million OW appears to be a lock.

http://pro.boxoffice.com/twitter-fut...egains-lead-2/
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Catching CW again tonight!

Good boy :D
    I've seen it a third time earlier this afternoon.
    Will catch the midnight showing tomorrow night B-) The fourth time is the charm :))
  • doubleoego wrote: »

"Everyone expected the 2015 sequel Avengers: Age of Ultron to top its predecessor’s global take, but it fell shy and finished its run with $1.4 billion (sparking absurd and utterly false reports in some online fan media to claim Disney considered the film a failure as a result of that outcome)."

Some people should take note of that sentence :)
    :D Wow, @jasonbond lools like you and I are going to compete to see who has seen it the most because I plan on seeing this many MANY times during its theatrical run. There's quite a bit to take in because after my second viewing there were so many things I noticed that I didn't catch the first time because I was too busy being wowed by all the surface stuff.
    :D Wow, @jasonbond lools like you and I are going to compete to see who has seen it the most because I plan on seeing this many MANY times during its theatrical run. There's quite a bit to take in because after my second viewing there were so many things I noticed that I didn't catch the first time because I was too busy being wowed by all the surface stuff.

Bull v Shit has the depth of a tablespoon compared to CW!
    Fourth viewing tonight with my army buddies, they all want to see it again!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Bull v Shit has the depth of a tablespoon compared to CW!
    Fourth viewing tonight with my army buddies, they all want to see it again!

Cap would approve, @BondJasonBond006! Have a blast!
    One hour away from Civil War. Oh boy, I'm (we) are already nervous again.
    After all such a cinematic comic book nerdgasm doesn't happen very often.
    I'm glad CW makes me feel so good after the other one was a nonstarter.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    OK, so that have a question. I haven't seen all the MCU movies and I know I need to rectify that. So, I have a question; can anyone direct me, or even post, an oder list in which the movies, leading up to Civil War should be watched? Thanks for any assistance...
    200 million USD first weekend BO for Civil War and it hasn't even opened in its home country!
    Iron man
    The incredible hulk
    Iron man 2
    Thor
    Captain America the first Avenger
    The Avengers
    Iron man 3
    Thor 2 the dark world
    Guardians of the galaxy
    Captain America the winter soldier
    Avengers age of ultron
    Ant-Man
    edited May 2016 Posts: 9,020
    OK, so that have a question. I haven't seen all the MCU movies and I know I need to rectify that. So, I have a question; can anyone direct me, or even post, an oder list in which the movies, leading up to Civil War should be watched? Thanks for any assistance...

Incredible Hulk
    Iron Man 1
    Iron Man 2
    Thor
    Captain America
    Avengers
    Iron Man 3
    Agents Of Shield 1.1-1.7
    Thor The Dark World
    Agents Of Shield 1.8-1.15
    Captain America Winter Soldier
    Agents Of Shield 1.16-2.19
    Avengers AOU
    Agents Of Shield 2.20-2.22
    Ant-Man

You can start with Captain America 1 and the Agent Carter though.
    Guardians Of The Galaxy you can add wherever you want.
    So, I went to the theater yesterday to watch Captain America : Civil War. And I loved it. laughed (the fight at the airport had the theater in stitches), I cried (the funeral and the ending were pretty depressing), and I had a great time. Highly recommanded and worth every penny I spent (11 €, if you must know). I can't say more without giving away plot points, though, so for now, I won't. One word of advice, though : don't leave until the very end.
    Iron man
    The incredible hulk
    Iron man 2
    Thor
    Captain America the first Avenger
    The Avengers
    Iron man 3
    Thor 2 the dark world
    Guardians of the galaxy
    Captain America the winter soldier
    Avengers age of ultron
    Ant-Man

Incredible Hulk
    Iron Man 1
    Iron Man 2
    Thor
    Captain America
    Avengers
    Iron Man 3
    Agents Of Shield 1.1-1.7
    Thor The Dark World
    Agents Of Shield 1.8-1.15
    Captain America Winter Soldier
    Agents Of Shield 1.16-2.19
    Avengers AOU
    Agents Of Shield 2.20-2.22
    Ant-Man

You can start with Captain America 1 and the Agent Carter though.
    Guardians Of The Galaxy you can add wherever you want.

Cheers guys. So, is one list release order date and the other chronological??

@Shark_0f_Largo

My list is chronological but I made a mistake at the beginning.

1. Iron Man 1
    2. Incredible Hulk
    the rest is correct and the same as doubleoego's list except I did include the tv-show Agents Of Shield.

Timeline wise you would have to watch Captain America as the first movie and then Agent Carter as both stories happen in the distant past and should be viewed first therefore (if you want to do a proper timeline order)

@Shark_0f_Largo

My list is chronological but I made a mistake at the beginning.

1. Iron Man 1
    2. Incredible Hulk
    the rest is correct and the same as doubleoego's list except I did include the tv-show Agents Of Shield.

Timeline wise you would have to watch Captain America as the first movie and then Agent Carter as both stories happen in the distant past and should be viewed first therefore (if you want to do a proper timeline order)

Excellent, appreciate that. Cheers...
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    You can safely skip Hulk, GOTG and the Shield show.

Nice one. Thanks...
    edited May 2016 Posts: 9,020

Well, Hulk has one pivotal scene tying into the Avengers/Iron Man story.
    Agents Of Shield has some very interesting episodes around the movies, especially around Winter Soldier!

If you are a fan of the first Captain America, Agent Carter is a must see.

GOTG can be skipped though.
    In my opinion they are all rather bad and in no way essential viewing before seeing CW.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883
    The one Marvel film that I really can't bring myself to watch again (despite owning the blu ray since it came out) is Captain America the First Avenger. I'm not sure why. It could be because it was a period piece, or because Red Skull didn't impress.

I may do it before seeing Civil War.

EDIT: Ok, perhaps Hulk (with Eric Bana) is another one I don't like to watch often as well. Awful imho.
    In my opinion they are all rather bad and in no way essential viewing before seeing CW.

Hulk is bad, yes and can be skipped.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I personally adore The First Avenger. Sure, Skull was a bit underused and the plot danced around too much with montages of Cap and his team blowing things up, but there's stuff in there that's made me smile or get emotional more than most other Marvel films.

The first 20 minutes of that film is honestly some of the best cinematic characterization I have ever seen, truly. We get to know who Steve is and why he's so special immediately, with both visual and verbal cues that are beautifully and cleverly delivered. We get to see his resilience and determined spirit as he tries to enlist again and again. In the alley fight behind the movie theater, he gets punched repeatedly, but keeps getting up, telling the guy, "I could do this all day," a saying that remains with him forever. To defend himself, he even grabs the lid of a trashcan, giving that iconic Cap pose before he grows into the man destiny needs him to be.

They set him up so beautifully as a kid that just wants to help. He's not looking for fame or fortune or the glory of war; he just "hates bullies." There is so much heart in every one of those early scenes with the pre-serum Steve that just makes me smile. When Tommy Lee's character throws a dummy grenade and Steve is the one to jump on it, willing to sacrifice himself for everyone else. When he uses ingenuity to get the flag at training and rides back to base with Peggy. When he states that he has no business working a factory job giving anything less than the men like him who are heading to war laying down their lives. The scene in the barracks with Tucci's doctor character when Steve promises he'll always remain the good kid from Brooklyn he was before the serum.

Throw in all the great stuff with Peggy, the rain-checked dance, the brilliant sequence where Steve travels the world in character as Cap punching Hitler and dancing with the women, and I think you have a rousing and emotional film in equal measures. It's one of my favorites for Steve alone, and he's easily my favorite Avenger.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 45,489
    Some say Team Cap and Team Iron Man were both right in CW. I always sided with Cap from the beginning.
  • RC7RC7
    bondjames wrote: »
    The one Marvel film that I really can't bring myself to watch again (despite owning the blu ray since it came out) is Captain America the First Avenger. I'm not sure why. It could be because it was a period piece, or because Red Skull didn't impress.

I may do it before seeing Civil War.

Absolutely with you. It's a poor, poor film. In the cold light of day I actually think 50% of the Marvel output is distinctly average. The high points have been successfully exploited to perpetuate this narrative that they're knocking it out of the park. I would say 10% of their output has knocked it out of the park.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    The period piece nature of Captain America the First Avenger is one of it's strengths; it's also one of the reasons I'm looking forward to Wonder Woman.
    Some say Team Cap and Team Iron Man were both right in CW. I always sided with Cap from the beginning.

Really? Never doubted it?

I think one of the many strong things about CW is that it's so difficult to take sides.
    No, not once. Although I could understand the other side.