Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Looks like Redwing is making an appearance!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited April 2016 Posts: 11,139
    Love the teamwork dynamic by way of using their abilities to assist each other seamlessly. The Russo's know how to showcase action! The stunt work is amazing. This film is going in twice as hard and twice as brutal compared to TWS and is looking glorious.

On another note, look who's joined the party...Thwip!

YPZAvbW.gif
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @doubleoego, it'll be interesting to see just how many moments from the film Spidey is actually in that Marvel had to painstakingly remove him from for the trailers in order to properly whet fan appetites and save his reveal for the final stretch.
    Yeah; I heard he gets a satisfying amount of screen time so it'll be interesting to identify where he'd been omitted from released footage compared to once we see this film. I'm super excited for this.
    One word :

WOW !
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Yeah; I heard he gets a satisfying amount of screen time so it'll be interesting to identify where he'd been omitted from released footage compared to once we see this film. I'm super excited for this.

I can't wait to see how they use him in the action sequences. It'll be refreshing to get a Spidey that jumps right into it and gives us what we want, assuredly with his classic smart ass personality bursting out whenever it's opportune.
    Team Cap press conference:

Team Iron Man press conference:

New IMAX poster

CpKF2a1.jpg
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/captain-america-screenwriters-reveal-their-original-non-civil-war-plans-for-civil-war

Ok now can you admit I was right Doubleego and that if DC didn't do batman v superman we would of gotten a completely different (and probably better) captain America film the screen writers confirmed it
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    A) That article says "A lot of that movie is in this movie", meaning that likely all the important bits are still in the movie.
    B) Nowhere in that article does it say "We changed our plans because of Batman V Superman". That's just butthurt making you say that Batman V Superman is why Civil War is the way it is. Even in the original article that CBR links, it's still just considered a highly possible rumor.
    Crappy quality footage of Scott Lang meeting Cap

Vision in his casual clothes

vz3QNzS.png

Tonight is the Civil War Premiere
    New clips:

Right To Choose

New Recruit:

Tonight is also the premiere of the new Dr.Strange trailer!
    Cf2qLtAVIAAaEXW.jpg
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    ^I don't know much about Dr. Strange, but I just want to see it because I like the cast.
    I'm not a fan of the Civil War IMAX poster but this Doctor Strange one is great!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Artemis81 wrote: »
    ^I don't know much about Dr. Strange, but I just want to see it because I like the cast.

Oh, it's cool beans. Done right (and I'm sure it will be) it will be another win for Marvel.
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Tonight is the Civil War Premiere
    Watching right now. Tom Holland seems like a nice kid.
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Oh, it's cool beans. Done right (and I'm sure it will be) it will be another win for Marvel.
    I actually can't wait to see the trailer tonight. Unfortunately, I may end up falling asleep before it airs.
    edited April 2016 Posts: 1,257
    Marvel's Doctor Strange Teaser Trailer

And another poster:

doctor-strange-poster-2-hand-178683.jpg
    The trailer didn't do much for me but it is just a teaser. I'm really hoping this film breaks from the Marvel formula and gives us something completely new. Doctor Strange is a great character to do it.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I got the Marvel Monopoly board game yesterday :D
    The trailer didn't do much for me but it is just a teaser. I'm really hoping this film breaks from the Marvel formula and gives us something completely new. Doctor Strange is a great character to do it.

I got that, it just seemed formula.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    The first trailer for Ant-Man was quite weird, and the film ended being one of the most fun Marvel outings to date. I also wasn't sold on 'Guardians of the Galaxy' based on the 1st trailer either, and that film also turned out to be very good.
    It’s Official! Spider-Man Homecoming Arrives in 2017

.@TomHolland1996 reveals the title and logo of #SpiderMan: Homecoming during #SonyAtCinemaCon

Cf5mO0kWwAE8dM1.jpg
    Gerry Conway approves:

@gerryconway: Spidey in #CaptainAmericaCivilWar is note perfect. His fight dialogue is dead on and hilarious. Can’t wait for the standalone

Flaurent Soki ‏@IamFlaurentSoki Godfather: Civil War was "Marvel great."

MIKEY BROMLEY. Verified account ‏@Mikey_Bromley Well the world premiere of Captain America: Civil War was amazing!!! It's out 6th May!! It's a much watch!

Abbey ‏@sleepygeeky Well, Cap 3: Civil War is pretty ******g amazing.

Yip ‏@johnny_yip Tom Holland is gonna be a massive star after Civil War. Audiences will love this iteration of Spiderman more than the others

Vanessa MerrellVerified account
    @VanessaMerrell
    Captain America Civil War was freakin amazinggggg #TeamCap

Kels ‏@kelsbmay Civil War was so good overall! I don't care about Tony, but #TeamIronMan was the most logical and had Black Panther/Spidey. Nuff said.

Umberto Gonzalez
    @elmayimbe
    #CaptainAmericaCivilWar is both my favorite Marvel & Captain America movie!

robertliefeld Verified account ‏@robertliefeld Just home from Captain America: Civil War. It is SPECTACULAR!!! More tomorrow. No spoilers....

Tim Eldred ‏@TimJEldred I thought Avengers was the superhero movie of my dreams, then I thought it was Age of Ultron...but I was wrong on both counts. Civil War.

Jacqueline Luke ‏@JacquelineMCFLY Great premiere for @CaptainAmerica Civil War! 100% #TeamIronMan though!!!!

Umberto Gonzalez@elmayimbe My ranking: 1) Civil War 2) Winter Soldier 3) First Avenger

Umberto Gonzalez@elmayimbe The movie is sooo dope! Still on my mind...

Umberto Gonzalez@elmayimbe Posting up in the smoking area for beat. Spider-Man is holding court with his boys. I dig this kid & I absolutely love his Spider-Man!

Umberto Gonzalez@elmayimbe Spider-Man! WOW! THE BLACK PANTHER! HOLY ****!!!

From Thor: TDW screen writer

Christopher Yost ‏@yost Without a doubt, Civil War is the best superhero movie I've ever seen. #CivilWarPremiere

More from Liefield:

robertliefeld Verified account ‏@robertliefeld Civil War is just an absolute blast. Great pace, always moving. Best action/choreography/stunts I've ever seen in a film. Amazing!

Geoffrey Colo@GeoffreyColo
    Follow
    Sorry, @DCComics @Marvel does it again! Best ensemble superhero movie ever ❤️ #BlackPanther #Spidey wins the day! pic.twitter.com/nqxKdR32PJ

Marc Bernardin@marcbernardin #CaptainAmericaCivilWar is, as we used to say, all that and a bag of chips. Much more much later, but above all, everything feels EARNED.

Ming-Na Wen@MingNa Wow! You are going to LOVE #CaptainAmericaCivilWar! Bravo, @Marvel!!
    xOyqQQN.jpg

p0BN3ox.jpg

9TUL0Jj.jpg

I'm the No 1 DC fan(boy) :D

But of course I love good comic book movies from Marvel as well.

Here is my proud collection of steelbooks of the latest three Avengers movies :)

full.jpg
    full.jpg
    full.jpg

edited April 2016 Posts: 9,020
    I'm the No 1 DC fan(boy) :D

But of course I love good comic book movies from Marvel as well.

Here is my proud collection of steelbooks of the latest three Avengers movies :)

full.jpg
    full.jpg
    full.jpg

5 stars from Cinema blend.

http://www.cinemablend.com/m/reviews...War-69827.html

"All of this couldn’t be pulled off within the basic superhero movie structure (heroes meet villain; heroes get beaten by villain; heroes recuperate; heroes defeat villain in large-scale showdown), so it’s a good thing that Captain America: Civil War burns that book in favor of a much more unconventional and risky approach. Without giving anything away,the film trades out a big, splashy, blockbuster finale (putting that sequence in the second act) in favor of something much more intimate and personal that works because it’s been earned over the last eight years of Marvel Studios storytelling and the audience really cares about the characters."

"It should be noted, however, that every scene in the movie pales in comparison to the airport-set hero vs. hero battle in the second act – which I do not hesitate to call the greatest scene in the history of the comic book movie genre. "