Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    This king is a true boss

tumblr_o3u2ev5pHZ1tf70vho2_540.gif
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    This film looks brilliant. Marvel out to redeem themselves after the somewhat disappointing (imho) Age of Ultron.

They are pulling out all the stops to take out Bat/Supes.

PS: Spidey rocks.
    I'm nerdgasming so hard right now.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Holy friggin shit. 'Winter Soldier' what? 'Guardians of the galaxy' what? This looks out of this world awesome.

I just need a full 2 minutes trailer of 'Jason Bourne' and I'm set for the coming months.

tumblr_o3u2k9IEUj1rtup1qo2_540.gif
    tumblr_o3u2k9IEUj1rtup1qo3_540.gif

Black Panther....by default this is going to be my favourite comic book movie to date and the best movie of 2016.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Please excuse me while I have an orgasm.
    A much better look at Spidey's costume.

Captain-America-Civil-War-Spider-Man-Costume-Eyes-Official.jpg
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Yep but he'll make his appearance in the new trailer later today...Hopefully.

I'm actually hoping he won't. I'd rather wait until the film to see him.

Well, so much for that :D

Anyway, it's great seeing Spidey in the MCU! I like the old school logo on the chest, but I wish it was larger. I really also like the thick black outline around the eyes. I was a little iffy about the emoting eyes until I realized that they are actually mechanical apertures (thanks to the higher res photo @doubleoego posted).

Oh, and Black Panther looks bad ass! I cant wait to see more of him.
    edited March 2016 Posts: 11,139
    When BP jumps on that cop car...are those lens flares or are they motion lines from his movement, either way that looks pretty sweet!

...just realising how infinitely badass is going to be in this movie...he outpaces captain America while in pursuit of the winter soldier who just so happens to be fleeing on a motorbike and is also being chased by copyright cars, BP sprints in pursuit and not only catches up and jumps onto the speeding cop car, he pounces like a big cat would on its prey and takes out winter soldier whilst on his motorbike....damn.

10520307_1753301051565123_358020653_n.jpg

Black Panther (Prince/King T'Challa) and Iron Man (Tony Stark)

tumblr_o3vxxrMqJw1tcbbzao1_500.gif

Cap, Falcon, Black Panther

Gimme the trailer! Great to see Spidey finally!
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited March 2016 Posts: 8,014
    The Captain America films are among the strongest of the Marvel productions.

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Captain America is the best Marvel production. Period.
    By far.
    It rivals DC's Batman, almost :))

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/11...views-24-hours

Captain America: Civil War trailer nears 100 million views in 24 hours

Posted March 11 2016 — 9:41 PM EST 

“Hey, everyone” X 100 million.

Spider-Man’s friendly, neighborhood introduction from the newCaptain America: Civil War trailer has pushed it to 94.7 million views worldwide within 24 hours, Disney sources tell EW.

The YouTube count alone as of Friday afternoon was north of 22 million for the American trailer. The UK Marvel YouTube account has 1.9 million views, and there are 25 other foreign language versions of the trailer available.

There were 17.1 million views on Marvel’s English-languageFacebook page. Captain America’s separate Facebook page also has 17 million views. Marvel’s Twitter video doesn’t have a view count, but it had been retweeted 15,890 times as of this publication.

The numbers far surpass the then-record 34.3 million tally that the first Avengers: Age of Ultron trailer collected in its first 24 hours back in October 2014.

Considering that the last CW trailer was way more popular, shared and viewed than Age Of Ultron and Spider-Man was the most buzzed and talked part Its a no brainer why marvel unveiled him. The film is already tracking a $164 million domestic opening two months before it's release and it will only go up.
    Thought this was a little funny if a little true...

tumblr_o3w0vneoDP1r507x8o1_1280.jpg

Regardless, this film would still be awesome if it didn't have spidey and black panther (my 2 favourite comic book characters of All time).
    talos7 wrote: »

The first one sucked big time.
    The second one is so far possibly the best Marvel film.
    The third one looks promising, but who knows.

The Russo brothers know what they're doing. If they weren't directing the 2 infinity war movies I'd be championing them like no man's business to direct the next couple of Bond films.
    boldfinger wrote: »

The first one was outstanding! :P

• edited March 2016 Posts: 5,767
    boldfinger wrote: »

The first one was outstanding! :P

If you say so 8-} .

Well anyhow, forgive my amateurism everybody, but why does Spidey do that thing with his eyes? Just because it looks cool, or does he change his visual focus like that, or does he turn on x-ray vision, or what?
    In the comics the lenses have always been animated to sometimes convey his emotional disposition.

9-18-2012+12;55;36+AM.jpg

tumblr_inline_o3yj444gkB1tyd8wv_500.gif

tumblr_inline_o3yj4xKrfX1tyd8wv_500.gif

tumblr_inline_o3yj5ixGAd1tyd8wv_500.gif
    In the comics the lenses have always been animated to sometimes convey his emotional disposition.

http://screenrant.com/best-details-spider-man-costume-civil-war/
    Saw the trailer and is it me or does Spiderman seem completely CGI, are we at the point where even a guy in a suit has to be made by a computer? Having said that I don't think I've actually seen a Spiderman film so for all I know they might have been doing that for the last couple. I mean obviously I know they have to use CGI when he's jumping and swinging around but when he's just standing there like that, what's wrong with a guy in a costume?

That's why Nolan's Batman trilogy are the only movies of this genre that really appealed to me. They were real. And I don't even mean they were more grounded in reality, I mean all the spectacle was accomplished through practical effects. Which along with the great villains, brilliant acting, writing, cinematography, etc, made it an amazing trilogy and by far the only really really good film to come from the genre for me. From the looks of things Batman vs Superman isn't gonna come close. Just seems like a soulless CGI fest. People like to criticise Nolan's fight scenes (I didn't mind the brawler aspect, felt more realistic which is what they were going for) but at least they were real. And I think that first fight scene from TDKR is one of the best fight scenes ever due to the intense atmosphere and the dialogue, and even if the actual coreography isn't great it was still a visceral, simple fight. Just two guys fighting in a dark room, so simple but yet a million times more interesting than Batman and Superman smashing up a city imo. Plus I hated Man Of Steel so I'll definitely be giving that a miss.

As for Marvel I thought the trailer for this actually looked quite cool but I'll wait for reviews. I haven't actually seen the majority of them but out of the ones I did see I only really enjoyed Iron Man 1, the rest sort of ground that formula into the ground imo. They seemed visually flat and had no sense of danger, excitement, etc, just found myself bored watching most of them. So I'll wait and see if this one is in the same boat.

http://screenrant.com/best-details-spider-man-costume-civil-war/

Cheers for this.
    Their is a frame in the new Civil War trailer that gives away a potentially huge spoiler so beware if over scrutinising the trailer. The chatter is that it could be a oversight by Disney. It really is tough to see its a blink and you will miss it moment, hopefully its a red herring.
    Daredevil season 2is here!!...I'm streaming this shit and binge watching the whole weekend.

Everything else is secondary.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Daredevil season 2is here!!...I'm streaming this shit and binge watching the whole weekend.

Everything else is secondary.

Me too. Netflix is great. They release their own shows simultaneously in different language regions. In Switzerland it's here as well dubbed in German or original in English of course.

That's what I call a great service to customers!
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    So I finished Season 2 of Daredevil the other day. Unortunately, I didn't like it as much as Season 1. I felt it was a mistake to include the Punisher and Elektra (as well as The Hand) all in one season. I think it was too much and neither character got enough attention to be properly fleshed out.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited March 2016 Posts: 28,694
    For me, the success of Cap: Civil War rests on that big moment from the comics and if they actually end the film with it. These films can be fun and sometimes thrilling, but what I feel they've always lacked is a sense of risk, danger or true consequences for the heroes and their actions. We get told that Tony was affected by New York's invasion, but do we ever really see those effects in any way? The time had come post Avengers to riff off of the Demon in a Bottle arc, but Marvel decided not to, missing out on a great moment to really connect us to Tony's struggles.

In almost every Marvel film we get an ending sequence where massive destruction occurs. In Avengers alone, untold numbers of civilians were lost in the fight. Is that ever addressed in any big way? No. People criticize Man of Steel until the cows come home, but DC has always explored with depth the consequences of being a hero. When Superman has to make the tough choice in the end, I felt so struck because the emotion was there and the loss of life was addressed. Heading into BvS, he's in everyone's sights because they are actively going after him for what happened in Metropolis as he tried to fend off a massive amount of chaos led by Zod. DC is addressing up front the cost of being a hero and the collateral damage that arises out of the actions of these characters, men and women who just want to do the right thing.

After New York is racked with the invasion and sections of it are demolished in The Avengers, for example, when is this loss ever addressed? When are the heroes ever called out for what they had a hand in precipitating? Why does Superman get dragged through the dirt, along with DC in general, and not Marvel/Disney and their heroes, you create just as much destruction in the wake of their attempts to fend off evil? Especially when DC always pony up and actually address the damages in impactful and interesting ways?

Man of Steel concludes with Superman feeling a deep sense of loss and guilt at what he's been forced to do to protect the earth from the people he once called his own, all with the realization that he is truly the last of his kind. What's the last image we get of the Avengers post the New York invasion? That's right, they're eating in a damn restaurant. The scene is played for laughs, absolutely destroying any tension or depth Marvel and Disney could have used to make us actually connect to them and the consequences of their heroics, despite their nobleness. Again, a massive missed opportunity.

It took Marvel a long time, but finally in Civil War it seems we'll get to see at long last the government actively addressing all the damage that has been done while the Avengers have been trying to protect the earth. Many think the Marvel films are supreme in every way to DC, but the latter's movie's have always contained the themes that the former are only now beginning to give their true time in the spotlight. I hope what is addressed in Civil War is only expanded upon to truly make the rest of the Marvel films to come ripe with consequence and depth for the heroes and what they do to save innocent lives, despite the damages they can sometimes produce.

My dream ending for this film?
    In the big finale, Cap faces off with Iron Man, surrounded by the other heroes, and is dominating him. He then looks around at all the destruction he and they have caused in their petty fight, and at the last moment, he surrenders himself to the government and unmasks. While being taken to the courthouse, as he is pelted with stray garbage from a watching crowd, shots ring out and Cap commands the armed unit guarding him to make sure no innocents are harmed, despite how much they despise him for what he's done. The big comics moment is then adapted, with Cap being shot and killed.

In the last moments of the film, we get images of how Cap's death has effected the world and his fellow heroes. Tony breaks down as Cap's corpse is placed in front of him and comes face to face with the tragedy that he helped engineer, realizing what his old friend did the moment before he surrendered: how stupid they all were for fighting in the first place. News reports ring out mourning the man who stood for the very symbol of America, courage and justice, who even in his last moments fought to protect the innocents who stood so strongly against him. Old clips of Cap during World War II are played on loop, along with images of his old war posters. The final image the camera focuses on is that of Cap's scratched and damaged shield before the credits roll, the defining symbol of the fallen hero.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Damn you, Brady! And damn you, dustspeck flying into my eye!