Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Gerard wrote: »
    And here's the trailer for X-Men : Apocalypse :

I'm not terribly excited for this one. I love JLaw but she still seems to be playing Katniss here.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    And here's the trailer for X-Men : Apocalypse :

I'm not terribly excited for this one. I love JLaw but she still seems to be playing Katniss here.

But I am.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Shouldn't the X-Men talk be on the X-Men thread and not the MCU thread, since there are no mutants in the MCU?
    edited December 2015 Posts: 1,257
    Shouldn't the X-Men talk be on the X-Men thread and not the MCU thread, since there are no mutants in the MCU?

Yes

Folks, lets take the X-Men Apocalypse discussion over to the proper thread:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/2441/x-men-days-of-future-past-a-k-a-imminent-apocalypse#latest
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Also not terribly excited for 'X-Men: Apocalypse.' The trailer did nothing to excite or interest me. Again, though, I'm not one for these superhero/comic book movies lately.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited December 2015 Posts: 23,883
    I saw a new trailer for Captain America Civil War prior to SW7-TFA today. It looked great and the audience was impressed.

Interestingly, the long Batman v Superman Dawn Of Justice trailer immediately preceded it, and that one didn't look even half as good when seen back to back (in terms of the effects and general impression on the big screen). Some members of the audience were chuckling at the end when WW showed up to save Bats/Supes from Doomsday - not sure if they were laughing at the joke or at the premise.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited December 2015 Posts: 1,257
    First Look At Benedict Cumberbatch As Doctor Strange
    Mystical-Strange-005-EW.jpgdoctor-is-in-ew-008.jpg

I'm a bit burnt out on Benedict Cumberbatch but he looks excellent has Doctor Strange.
    Not my first choice, but hope he delivers.
    Inspiring haircut!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Looks perfect.
  • edited January 2016 Posts: 4,813
    Awesome, check out these new images from DareDevil Season 2!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=129347

It looks like they're recreating an awesome scene from the comics!

zP2WaFq.png

OmOFse5.jpg

And Electra is hot as hell

R7qWJxI.jpg
    edited December 2015 Posts: 11,139
    http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/conten...and-spider-man

Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn just participated in a live Facebook Q&A where he tackled the topic of Captain America: Civil War and Spider-Man. Obviously Gunn couldn't offer specific details, but he did state the following:

I really like the [Doctor Strange] script. What Ireally like is... I saw Civil War, and I think it's incredible. I think it's one of the best Marvel movies ever. I can't believe what a wonderful job the Russo brothers did and the cast. Oh my, God. They are so good. So it's an amazing film and people are going to be excited to see that come Summer time. It's really great.

On Tom Holland playing Spider-Man:

Tom Holland is off the charts awesome. Off the charts, truly, Hand to my heart amazing.

Kevin Feige spoke about Black Panther, which will star Chadwick Boseman in the title role and feature a “primarily African-American cast,” and have a connection to Avengers: Infinity War.

“This one is important,” Feige said. “It’s a big geo-political action adventure that focuses on the family and royal struggle of T’Challa in Wakanda, and what is means to be a king. T’Challa’s story is very important to us as it links to the next Avengers films, which is why we brought it forward.”

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I wonder if they'll plant an infinity stone in Wakanda...
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Looks perfect.
    The beard could be a little thicker.

Perhaps but they could just have left him with a moustache as he was originally designed which would have been a good look too but I'm happy with the way things are shaping up.
    Doctor Strange is really the only Marvel phase three film I am interested in. sorry but Civil war is WAY too soon. I mean will I watch it sure but meh.

Also and I hate to say this but spoilers for spectre and captain America winter soldier
    they have the same dam plot... seriously and once one review threw that in my face I realized not only that but Captain America did it better...

edited January 2016 Posts: 11,139
    The director of the Rocky spinoff film Creed may direct the black panther film!

http://www.vulture.com/2015/12/black-panther.html?mid=twitter_vulture
    RelievedVariableAfricanpiedkingfisher.gif

tumblr_o27q5257gf1qd4w1no3_250.gif tumblr_o27q5257gf1qd4w1no8_250.gif
    tumblr_o27q5257gf1qd4w1no5_250.gif tumblr_o27q5257gf1qd4w1no4_250.gif
    tumblr_o27q5257gf1qd4w1no1_250.gif tumblr_o27q5257gf1qd4w1no7_250.gif
    tumblr_o27q5257gf1qd4w1no6_250.gif tumblr_o27q5257gf1qd4w1no2_r1_250.gif

tumblr_o27o3atL4r1tlgqkgo3_250.gif

tumblr_o27msm2Ykq1tlgqkgo4_500.gif

tumblr_o27msm2Ykq1tlgqkgo5_500.gif

tumblr_o27msm2Ykq1tlgqkgo2_500.gif

tumblr_o27msm2Ykq1tlgqkgo6_500.gif

tumblr_o27msm2Ykq1tlgqkgo1_500.gif

Looks terrific, can hardly wait.
    Here's the Superbowl trailer :

That last shot of black panther.... =P~
    Here's the Superbowl trailer :

Looks awesome!
  • GOOD LORD stop what you're doing and watch this!!! THIS right here is why they've already announced a Punisher show on his own!

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I came. I saw. The two are directly related.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Holy hell. I have a feeling that this is going to make season 1 look like a pillow fight. I'm so pumped for this, and I can't wait to blow off all my course work to watch this next month. We're so close, people!
    I still prefer the red costume of season 1 to this new one but hot damn, that trailer was glorious. After watching season 1 and Jessica Jones I promised myself I'd pace myself watching the episodes of season 2 but I've decided to break that promise. This looks too good to not binge on.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    I still prefer the red costume of season 1 to this new one but hot damn, that trailer was glorious. After watching season 1 and Jessica Jones I promised myself I'd pace myself watching the episodes of season 2 but I've decided to break that promise. This looks too good to not binge on.

@doubleoego, I hope we get to the point where we have a completely red costume that looks less overtly armor plated. The suit is taking a while to grow on me, but I like it enough. I'm shocked at how much I grew to like the initial all black, Zorro get-up, actually. I think I missed it a little when it was gone.

As for watching these marvelous shows (see what I did there?), I vary in my abilities to binge. With season one of Daredevil, I think I kept to a consistent one or two episodes a day, with some breaks in between for school work and exams (it was released near finals week), which I can't believe I maintained.

With Jessica Jones, I didn't have as much of a work load as before and watched as much as I wanted, viewing as many as three episodes in a row at times. I did tear myself away from it though to let the plot breathe and allow my brain to contemplate and thrill over what I'd seen. I then worked hard all that coming day to reward myself with the next set of episodes that night. It's a pretty good system, all in all.
    Hahaha you're a stronger-willed man than I @Brady.

RE: the costume, I also got used to the all black get up and missed it when it went but the show's so damn good if I'm honest with myself whatever he wears is of no consequence; just so long as he cooly kicks ass.

Elsewhere in the Marvel universe, this was just released recently.

CbvN286WwAAGjRU.jpg