Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I'm still upset that Marvel got to Ben first, but he does look absolutely fantastic as Strange. A perfect, perfect casting choice; he'll dominate for sure.
  • I just love that they're throwing so much color in the costumes- we've come a long way since 2000's X-Men, haven't we!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Master_Dahark, and happily, more and more we're seeing costumes that match their comics counterparts. The peak of all this for me has been Batman's suit from B v S. It's a great time to be a comic book fan!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Oh yes, @Brady it certainly is. I won't say which film it was but I caught a scene from a particular comic book movie and I was overcome with emotion and had a very faint tear drip from my eye because childhood dreams were being realised. As a 6 year old kid, never did I think that one day I'd be going to the cinema and owning home video films of these characters I bought comic books and watched animated tv shows of.
    Guess who's back in "Guardians of the Galaxy 2" ?

https://twitter.com/karengillan/status/702627779133743107/photo/1
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Didn't everybody know that already?
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Guardians Of The Galaxy
    and
    Captain America
    forever!
    I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE NOW:

The Hand! The Hand! THE HAAAAND!!!
    Yeeeessssss! I was about to post that trailer but no need.

That trailer touched me. It was just pure, unbridled awesomeness.

Elektra looks breath-takingly sexy, the action looks bananas, the red costume actually looks better than how it was looking before and tge hand...the punisher...seriously, I'm struggling and not coping well with all this overwhelming excitement.
    edited March 2016 Posts: 28,694
    @doubleoego, I'm rewatching season 1 now in preparation for March 18th! I agree with the suit comment too; I don't know why, but it looks redder than it did before. The lighting, maybe?

I can't believe how packed this season is going to be, and how many dynamics are at work. We've got Matt v. Foggy, Matt v. Elektra, Matt v. Punisher (?), Matt v. The Hand, and plenty of variations in between that we don't even know of yet. It seems that Matt and Karen are getting more comfortable as well, and we may even see Bullseye make an intro here, a character that really tests Matt's moral fiber in the comics in big, big ways. If Miller's "Roulette" DD issue ever gets adapted on this show, I may cry tears of joy; it'd be beyond perfect.

The best part of the season will be seeing how Matt's morals conflict with Frank's, who logically has the better approach to solving Hell's Kitchen's crime problem. When I heard Frank say, "You hit them and they get back up, I hit them and they stay down!” I couldn't help but concede to his argument and the success he no doubt has in eradicating the criminal classes. It's far easier for me to pick apart Matt's moral stance than those of a similar character like Batman because my childhood love of that character has blinded me (no pun intended) from seeing him in a negative light. Because my enjoyment of DD is fresher, I find myself less susceptible to the feelings I experience with Batman.

If the rumors are true and Punisher is getting his own spinoff show, it's sure to be a hit. I hope it's a prequel to this upcoming season, exploring Frank's military past and time on the force before all he loves is taken from him. The way they're using his character is brilliant, a perfect foil to DD, and "One Batch, Two Batch" already has meme written all over it. He may be the star of the season.

This show is in mighty, mighty hands.
    @Brady, succinctly put. See, I can't even muster up the words to convey just how excited I am about this new season. I think the last time I felt this excited was and when I'm about to watch a new Bond film but the trailers for DD has shown so much and yet so little of what to expect that I'm rendered a quivering mess. I'm definitely going to re-watch DD season 1 and re-watch Jessica Jones before DD season 2 comes out. I'm so pumped for this and I don't think I'm ready for it.

I think I mentioned that my original plan was to pace myself for season 2 but tge trailers have declared it an absolute impossibility for me to that. I'm not even going to try. I need...I must see all of this. Like you mentioned there are far too many interesting character-relationship dynamics and interactions going on. This is going to be a painfully loooooooong couple of weeks.
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7
    @doubleoego

We are living in the golden era of comic book adaptions to the big and small screen.
    Since 2005 comic nerds like me are in Heaven. It is almost too much now.

Daredevil is a favourite of mine already, if season 2 and possibly more are as good as season 1 or even better, it will enter my all-time favourites list and that is not easily achieved.

Supergirl and DC's Legends Of Tomorrow just started...
    Arrow, Gotham, The Flash, Constantine, Agent Carter, Agent of SHIELDS...

I'm into DC comics big time. Justice League is my life as is Bond and Star Trek.

I even can't think of the two Justice League movies that are in the works. It makes my heart stop of excitement.

Marvel has put out some wonderful stuff.
    Guardians Of The Galaxy is officially my favourite comic adaption big screen movie of this decade (so far), it's just bloody immaculate.
    12794707_1719825021587067_5890561489880274871_o.jpg
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    A new look at Daredevil, Elektra, and The Punisher in their updated costumes.

p3IOkJm.jpg
    daredevil-season-2-header.jpg
    Ah there's that skull! I was getting anxious!
    This will be so freaking cool!!!
    Only just recently finished watching Jessica Jones. On first ep of Daredevil season one, these are pretty cool images. Think I need to get binge watching.
    edited March 2016 Posts: 11,139
    If having trouble with FB...

Team Cap:
    https://youtu.be/URrfO9K6rRI

Team Iron Man:
    https://youtu.be/5RDAm0HENlQ
    Guess who's swinging into tomorrow's trailer?

Peter Parker

tumblr_o3ryu6npwO1qiikcuo6_1280.jpg

Those Spidey posters are fan made, right?
    Yep but he'll make his appearance in the new trailer later today...Hopefully.

tumblr_o3s99v3Uqv1sc0ffqo5_500.gif
    tumblr_o3s99v3Uqv1sc0ffqo3_500.gif
    tumblr_o3s99v3Uqv1sc0ffqo4_500.gif
    tumblr_o3s99v3Uqv1sc0ffqo1_500.gif
    tumblr_o3s99v3Uqv1sc0ffqo2_500.gif

tumblr_o3s8q2kTbs1sc0ffqo1_500.gif
    tumblr_o3s8q2kTbs1sc0ffqo4_500.gif
    tumblr_o3s8q2kTbs1sc0ffqo6_500.gif
    tumblr_o3s8q2kTbs1sc0ffqo2_500.gif
    tumblr_o3s8q2kTbs1sc0ffqo3_500.gif
    tumblr_o3s8q2kTbs1sc0ffqo5_500.gif
    doubleoego wrote: »

I'm actually hoping he won't. I'd rather wait until the film to see him.
    Would be cool if he weren´t in the trailer, but one of the others would run into some cobwebs :-).
    doubleoego wrote: »

I'm actually hoping he won't. I'd rather wait until the film to see him.

I'd rather Peter show up in the trailer as opposed to him in his costume; that, I can wait for for when the film comes out.

edited March 2016 Posts: 11,139
    Spidey!!!!!!!!!

CdM8pZ0WIAEkouO.jpg

giphy.gif