Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    jake24 wrote: »
    Looks like a great show. Might give it a watch soon.

It's necessary viewing, @jake24. It's takes the superhero drama to another level with themes of the devil (obviously) sin, lawlessness and more that bring it to a state of high art. Your morals and sense of right and wrong will be tested, as will your conceptions of heroes and villains. The atmosphere, cinematography, acting, writing and fight choreography all accentuate each other in the best way possible. Even if one isn't interested in superheroes, watching this show for its complex treatment of Kingpin is reason enough. If you do get around to seeing it, share your thoughts in this thread:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/11974/netflix-s-daredevil-series-2015-present-spoiler-filled-discussion

Ok, now I'm definitely watching it.

Mission: SUCCESS!

giphy.gif

And don't look at ANYTHING before you watch it, not even the trailers. This show should be experienced without knowing what's coming. Quite aptly, you'll be watching it blind. ;)
    I've already finished the series.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

It's necessary viewing, @jake24. It's takes the superhero drama to another level with themes of the devil (obviously) sin, lawlessness and more that bring it to a state of high art. Your morals and sense of right and wrong will be tested, as will your conceptions of heroes and villains. The atmosphere, cinematography, acting, writing and fight choreography all accentuate each other in the best way possible. Even if one isn't interested in superheroes, watching this show for its complex treatment of Kingpin is reason enough. If you do get around to seeing it, share your thoughts in this thread:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/11974/netflix-s-daredevil-series-2015-present-spoiler-filled-discussion

giphy.gif

And don't look at ANYTHING before you watch it, not even the trailers. This show should be experienced without knowing what's coming. Quite aptly, you'll be watching it blind. ;)

Okay, now I'm confused.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

giphy.gif

Okay, now I'm confused.

:)) I'm joking, but I plan on starting it soon. As soon as this weekend perhaps.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

giphy.gif

Okay, now I'm confused.

:)) I'm joking, but I plan on starting it soon. As soon as this weekend perhaps.

I thought it was already April again for a second there. #:-S
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Hulk and Thor team up for Thor 3!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    'Ant-Man' is coming to blu-ray and DVD on December 8th:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=17766
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Awesome, I'll finally be able to see it. I'll most definitely by buying it on release day.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    'Captain America: Civil War' trailer is here!

edited November 2015 Posts: 28,694
    The trailer for Captain America: Civil War has gone live:

For some reason Marvel just doesn't do it for me anymore. The movie seems interesting enough, but the only part I really got into was the final twenty seconds of it. I also feel they showed way too much, but that's the movie culture now: over-saturation.

Guess it's time for me to catch up on the Marvel backload.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I don't know, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, it looks like 'Civil War' is similar to 'Winter Soldier' - a more serious spy/thriller with superheroes instead of spies. 'Winter Soldier' is my favorite outing of the MCU so I am very much excited for this one.
    Funny, I thought the first half of the trailer looks amazing, while anytime those heroes fight against one another I kind of lose interest.
    edited November 2015 Posts: 11,139
    That trailer was awesome! The Russos are going to knock it out of the park again! The cap and bucky team up against Tony was pretty exciting, seeing bits of T'Challa aka black panther kick ass made my heart flutter and I guess they're saving Marvel's golden child for either the full trailer or for the movie but I can't wait to see how the Russo's depict spider-man in this.
    I don't know, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, it looks like 'Civil War' is similar to 'Winter Soldier' - a more serious spy/thriller with superheroes instead of spies. 'Winter Soldier' is my favorite outing of the MCU so I am very much excited for this one.

I still need to see Winter Soldier. With these Marvel films I inevitably get a lot of them spoiled for me and then I lose all interest in watching them. I just need to kick my own butt and bite the bullet I guess.
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Funny, I thought the first half of the trailer looks amazing, while anytime those heroes fight against one another I kind of lose interest.

I also found the superhero fighting to be a bit, "meh." I just liked how the trailer ended with the conflict between Tony and Cap. A lot of people were saying Tony was going to be marketed as the big bad this time around, but I think neither he nor Cap are in the right here and will be portrayed much more equally than even I thought.

The thing that'll sell this film and make it a really memorable outing is if Marvel go the full mile and do to Cap what the Civil War comics did. That'll really add a sense of stakes to a series that for me has lacked a lot of tension or consequences.
    civilwarheader.jpg
    edited November 2015 Posts: 11,139
    tumblr_nycxnprpz61tf70vho2_540.gif

tumblr_nycvgsSlbk1rtup1qo2_540.gif

tumblr_nycxnprpz61tf70vho1_540.gif
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Really looking forward to Civil War.
    One thing is clear: The Russos do much better fight choreography than Whedon ;-).
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    Looks pretty good. Makes sense now why it is considered a Captain America film instead of a general ensemble Marvel film. The scope of the film seems relatively narrow so far, at least compared to the comic storyline. I wonder if they would have taken a different approach if Marvel had the rights to all their characters.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    My favourite Marvel flicks are Winter Soldier, the first Iron Man and the first Avengers.

This trailer impressed me. It's certainly more 'Winter Soldier' than anything else, and that's great in my book. I personally can't wait, after the relative disappointment of Ultron.

With these kinds of films, I think less is more, and at least with Captain America, they seem to keeping it more espionage focused rather than save the world.....that's good in my book.

I'm actually looking forward to this one more than Bat/Supes.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Awesome! I prefer the more "grounded" superhero films. I wonder what the Russos could do with Bond.
    talos7 wrote: »
    Awesome! I prefer the more "grounded" superhero films. I wonder what the Russos could do with Bond.

They would nail a Bond movie easily. TWS was such an excellent film, the car chase with hydra goons in pursuit of Nick Fury was both serious, funny and visceral; wiping the floor completely with the "chase" we got in SP.
    Looks pretty good. Makes sense now why it is considered a Captain America film instead of a general ensemble Marvel film. The scope of the film seems relatively narrow so far, at least compared to the comic storyline. I wonder if they would have taken a different approach if Marvel had the rights to all their characters.

This film has more characters in it than the Avengers. All the avengers save fir Hulk and Thor are in this and it's no secret that Black Panther, Ant-Man and Spider-Man are in this movie too.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I was taken by surprise, I assumed Tony would be the rogue force since he kinda did witl Ultron. This looks like it will be a good fun thriller. I've loved the Captain America movies the most from the MCU. Looking forward to it.
    Civil War looks very good! Looking forward to seeing that! :-bd
    edited December 2015 Posts: 11,139
    12342553_10153830172769701_3477724816223730703_n.jpg

Black Panther looks so damn awesome.
    edited December 2015 Posts: 11,139
    chadwick-boseman-as-black-panther-1.jpg

Following the cover reveal this morning, EW is back with another new photo from the upcomingCaptain America: Civil War focusing solely on Chadwick Boseman’s Black Panther! Check out the Black Panther photo in the gallery below!

“He’s definitely not the life of the party in this instance,” Boseman tells the magazine. “I think this is something true of the comic book character and the movie. You never quite know where he stands. There’s always a bit of concealing and mystery. So I think mysterious is more his boat. Not to say there’s not charm and he can’t be a ladies’ man and all that. It’s more like if there is humor, it’s more like James Bond.”

“He’s someone who hasn’t necessarily made up his mind about either side and whose agenda isn’t exactly what Cap’s agenda or what Tony’s agenda is,” Executive Producer Nate Moore adds. “And I think that brings him into conflict weirdly with both characters at different times in the film. He is the prince of an African nation that has so far stayed very much sort of in the shadows. And eventually the film will draw him and his father out of the shadows.”

Cap3: civil war is my most anticipated movie of 2016 and it's Mainly because of black panther; you don't get more badass than BP.
    And here's the trailer for X-Men : Apocalypse :

Gerard wrote: »
    And here's the trailer for X-Men : Apocalypse :

That looks full on!!!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    doubleoego wrote: »
    12342553_10153830172769701_3477724816223730703_n.jpg

Black Panther looks so damn awesome.
    He does, except for the "Meow".
  • edited December 2015 Posts: 4,813
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Gerard wrote: »
    And here's the trailer for X-Men
    That looks full on!!!

Is Wolverine in it at all?
    That would be a shame if not, cause this looks like the most 'X-Men' of all the X-Men movies.
    Also they definitely updated Apocalypse's look since the first image I saw- remember how weird and purple he was? Thank god they fixed it!
    Also I didn't see her but Psylocke is absolutely it this!