Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008 - present)

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    So I guess you folks have all bingewatched DAREDEVIL Season Two

Did you like it? More than season one or less? How many season should they make?
    I loved it! But while I loved Elektra, The Punisher absolutely should have been the focus of Season 2. Elektra should have waited till Season 3.

I certainly hope good 'ol Frank gets his own show!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited March 2016 Posts: 11,139
    Regarding the demon in a bottle storyline from the IM comics, IM2 loosely and softly touched on this with Tony's health deteriorating and him acting like a complete jerk as a reaction to it. However, regarding accountability I seem to remember after the fight of avengers 1, where they had those news reports praising the Avengers for saving NY from the aliens and a NUCLEAR strike; they had one political figure talking about all the damage they caused and how it was their fight and they need to be held accountable.

In the same film, Banner's there initially purely for tech support and in case he did hulk out the film addresses they had that cage ready for him but the film also goes out of its way to showcase Banner's fear of hulking out and how he doesn't want to join the fight because he broke Harlem the last time he was in NY, meanwhile you have Tony doing his best to coax him into hulking out much to Cap's understandable annoyance. One of the reasons why Banner's was living in rural India was to avoid catastrophes as witnessed in Avengers 2 when hulk looks around at the damage he's caused after being free from Wanda's mind control.

Iron Man 2 has that senate hearing where they want Tony to turn over the suit because the goverment view it as a weapon and that it has facilitated copycat versions all over the world, inflicting environmental repercussions.

Avengers 1 also states that the world security council's phase 2 project is a direct response to the actions of what took place between Thornton and the destroyer, leveling a town in new Mexico.

Captain America the first Avenger has cap selflessly crash the aircraft he's in into the ocean to avoid it crash landing in NY.

Cap 2 the winter soldier has Black Widow brought before a hearing to answer for all of the damage she, shield and the avengers have caused.

Avengers 2 age of Ultron pretty much plays on the fears and anxiety Tony's been through and has him working clandestinely from the rest of the group to protect the planet which backfires and throughout the film, the team are shown on numerous occasions to consciously be mindful of defeating every last robot and saving lives. In Africa when fighting the hulk, Tony tries to contain him in some cage, in another instance he tries to get hulk away from the city, away from the people, scouts a building and identifies there aren't any people in it, enquires about purchasing the property and sends hulk crashing into it, while blowing it up at the same time; again with no people around and prior to that there's a scene where Tony rescues a bunch of people trapped in an elevator that's plummeting.

And then of course there's all the people the team tried to save in Sokovia. So largely throughout the entire MCU the element of accountability for the actions of the protagonists has always been there, ingrained as part of the narrative but in the case of MOS, you had circa 40+minutes of a mindless cgi action fest where superman and the antagonists were just beating the crap out of each other, destroying everything in sight with little to zero concern given to the protection and safety of the civilians of metropolis. So this is pretty much why the Marvel films don't get ragged on as much and of course civil war really brings all this front and centre.
    So I guess you folks have all bingewatched DAREDEVIL Season Two

Did you like it? More than season one or less? How many season should they make?

I still havn't seen it yet because I want to get through other shows first and I don't want to really savour watching it. I'll probably start from next Monday as this easter weekend/holiday is going to be pretty busy.

@0Brady and @doubleoego, let´s not forget IM3 putting quite some focus on Tony´s PTSD, which is kind of cured by the end of that film.
    As for The Avengers, Whedon is pretty good at bringing all those characters together, but as stories I prefer most of the other films.
    whPVsPDL.png
    1kUkpUhN.png
    TzbuB615.png
    aZPB6eht.png
    b4hoSTWV.jpg
    SikA5GAN.png
    EOSkE7Uo.png
    iOkSwwlD.png
    RPBBlNb5.png
    A4DxOC59.jpg
    edited April 2016 Posts: 11,139
    12918058_567038923464067_399619635_n.jpg

Cap vs Black Panther!!!

X1AbG.gif

CfA6WNwWEAAxNdx.jpg

T'Challa won't be taking any L's in this movie! Can't wait for this =P~
    UC6FRW5.gif
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 5,831
    Not cinematic in any way, but did you see that ?

https://marveluniverselive.com

I've seen the ads for this arena show on french TV. Apparently, it comes to Paris at the end of september.
    ^ Wow! I'd so go to that!

screen-shot-2016-04-06-at-10-35-22-am.png

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    That certainly looks like Dr Strange.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited April 2016 Posts: 28,694
    Marvel's streak of perfect casting continues. I'm actually glad they got to Benedict before DC, because I'm afraid they would've only wasted him.

I haven't been as excited for any of the recent films in the MCU like I am for Dr. Strange and Black Panther's movies. I love that they're branching out to other characters in their universe.

By the looks of that Dr. Strange, the costume department deserves a big raise coming up!
    Wartched the 19th and 20th episodes of Agents of SHIELD season 2 yesterday. Nice work tying with the events of Age of Ultron. Wonder how they'll manage to tie the third season with Civil War.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Gerard wrote: »
    Wartched the 19th and 20th episodes of Agents of SHIELD season 2 yesterday. Nice work tying with the events of Age of Ultron. Wonder how they'll manage to tie the third season with Civil War.

If Civil War is adapted right, season three will be a lot of Coulson crying.
    Dr. Strange trailer confirmed for next week!

tumblr_o54lr6C7xB1ultuhdo1_1280.jpg

Boseman and Olsen dressed in character as Prince T'Challa/Black Panther and Wanda Maximov/Scarlet Witch.

www_GIFCreator_me_c_KCMIY.gif

Excellent TV spot!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2016 Posts: 15,692
    I'm going to see 'Captain America: Civil War' in exactly 20 days! I can't wait.
    "I'm sorry Tony, but he's my friend."

"So was I."

The gravitas the words of these men carry is insane. The first time I heard them spoken I thought, "wow, here we go."
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    We should be getting some reviews from some early screenings later tonight.

http://screenrant.com/captain-america-civil-war-early-reviews-embargo/
    I predict massive hoopla. Reviews will note the epic scope of the film, the emotional weight they felt leaving the theaters and they will carry praises for a Spider-Man that is the best we've seen yet.

We'll see how clairvoyant I prove to be tomorrow.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    I predict massive hoopla. Reviews will note the epic scope of the film, the emotional weight they felt leaving the theaters and they will carry praises for a Spider-Man that is the best we've seen yet.

Better than Raimi's Spidey 2? I can hope but not expect....
    edited April 2016 Posts: 28,694
    chrisisall wrote: »

Better than Raimi's Spidey 2? I can hope but not expect....

I personally don't think Holland's will beat Tobey's, but I think the general consensus will favor the former, yes. People wanted Marvel to have Spidey again and now they do, it's the first time we're getting a proper young Spidey, he's appearing amongst the other Marvel heroes and the film is fresh and new to the eyes. All those factors will add up to big critical successes with this Spider-Man for audiences and critics alike.
    John Campea ‏@johncampea Just finished watching Captain America Civil War. My reaction at 11pm PST.

Joey Paur ‏@JoeyPaur 5m5 minutes ago Captain America: Civil War is going to blow minds!!! It's by far the best Marvel movie yet!

Kristopher Tapley ‏@kristapley 19m19 minutes ago
    "Civil War shows Batman v Superman how it's DONE, y'all!" --A bunch of Tweets in a half hour, probably.
    22 retweets 23 likes

David Daniel ‏@CNNLADavid 20m20 minutes ago
    #MarvelPhaseThree is ON! #CaptainAmericaCivilWar #nospoilers

Myrah Duque ‏@Couponmamacita 1h1 hour ago
    What an amazing movie! Just screened #CaptainAmerica Civil War... A MUST SEE! In theaters May 6! #CaptainAmericaEvent #teamCap

Germain LussierVerified account ‏@GermainLussier 29s29 seconds ago
    Captain America: Civil War is a complex mystery posing a big, fun superhero film. Lots of themes and emotions. Very unexpected & VERY good.

Eric Eisenberg ‏@eeisenberg 37s38 seconds ago
    Thrilled to say that Captain America Civil War is a blast. Works great as a Cap 2 AND MCU sequel, and has Marvel's best action scene yet.
    I'm so jealous of all of them.
    @devincf
    First things first: we finally have the perfect Spider-Man and the greatest Peter Parker.

@devincf
    Next: Black Panther is incredible. Boseman plays him as both regal and full of rage. The most serious character in the film.

Mike Sampson ‏@mjsamps 40s41 seconds ago ‘Captain America: Civil War’ is so good, it’s a better Avengers movie than the last Avengers movie.

Kevin McCarthy Verified account ‏@KevinMcCarthyTV 45s46 seconds ago
    At 8pm, WINTER SOLDIER was my favorite MCU film. Roughly 2.5 hours later, CIVIL WAR is now #1. Action masterpiece. SPIDER-MAN!!!#NerdTears

Germain Lussier Verified account ‏@GermainLussier 1m1 minute ago I honestly don't know how Civil War works. There's so much going on but it does. Spidey is AMAZING. Made me smile & laugh till my face hurt

@colliderfrosty 49s49 seconds ago
    CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR is literally going to make all the money.

Steven Weintraub ‏@colliderfrosty 1m1 minute ago CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR is a Barry Bonds steroids hitting home-run by Marvel & Russo Brothers. And I LOVED Spider-Man in the film. LOVED.
    Mike RyanVerified account ‏@mikeryan 4m4 minutes ago
    Oh yeah, the big fight in Captain America: Civil War is cinematic joy. And Spider-Man is so great. He's in it more than I thought he'd be.
    48 retweets 56 likes

Jon Schnepp ‏@JonSchnepp 2m2 minutes ago Just saw @CaptainAmerica Civil War!!! Wow! Spider-Man Rocks! Best Action Sequences in any superhero film EVER!

Steven Weintraub ‏@colliderfrosty 1m1 minute ago
    Chadwick Boseman is fantastic as Black Panther. Can't wait to see his solo film. He absolutely nailed the role.

Andy Signore ‏@andysignore 3m3 minutes ago Los Angeles, CA Get excited for @CaptainAmerica #CivilWar Fantastic Characters, Amazing Action AND it contains the best comic book movie fight EVER. #Hype

image.jpg

Mike Ryan ‏@mikeryan 2m2 minutes ago I'm pretty sure Captain America: Civil War is my favorite Marvel movie.
    @mjsamps
    I’m trying not to talk about ‘Civil War’ by comparing it to BvS, but it’s hard. It succeeds because it's exactly what that film is not: FUN.

@mjsamps
    The big battle scene in #CivilWar is an absolute blast. Spider-Man, as you'd expect, steals the show. Ant-Man, as you might not, a close 2nd

@mjsamps
    Civil War and BvS tackle some of the same themes and have similar beats, yet Cap works because we know and care about these characters.

@devincf
    Finally: the last fight between Steve and Tony is unlike anything you've seen in a Marvel movie. They're both right. You just want them

@devincf
    to stop fighting. It packs a serious emotional punch.

Campea.jpg
    Andy Signore ‏@andysignore 4m4 minutes ago Los Angeles, CA It's not perfect... But it's far better than #Ultron & #BvS Every character gets a proper moment AND.We meet a great #SpiderMan #CivilWar

nived ‏@devincf 8m8 minutes ago The movie is bigger in scale than WINTER SOLDIER but is so much more personal. The stakes are incredibly emotional.

nived ‏@devincf 8m8 minutes ago You have only seen 1% of the airport fight. The action is incredible. There's a staircase fight that turns into a chase that's an all timer.

nived ‏@devincf 5m5 minutes ago I lied. One last last thing: this movie plays like a repudiation of BATMAN V SUPERMAN. A devastating reply.
    VQLGJOL.gif
    Kevin McCarthy Verified account ‏@KevinMcCarthyTV 2m2 minutes ago Beverly Hills, CA There is an airport action sequence in CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR that I would be full price to see on a loop for 3 hours. Epic Nerd Tears!

8Hafmwh.png

Alex Welch @alexrwelch Tom Holland is the greatest Peter Parker and Spider-Man ever put to screen. It made me bawl. #CaptainAmericaCivilWar

The Rogue Juan ‏@juanmadpelicula 7m7 minutes ago And BTW the movie goes dark and it still a fantastic fun time at the movies. #CivilWar
    Quote:
    Andy Signore ‏@andysignore 2m2 minutes ago Los Angeles, CA I can't wait to see #CivilWar again Soo many great characters. And that fight!! @Russo_Brothers know how to stage a proper superhero brawl