The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @fire_and_ice, I was going to get the box set used for $53, but I figured it would be cheaper to get them separately, which doesn't necessarily bother me. And yes, 'Raw Deal' is great so far and I most certainly saw Davi's name in the credits. Looking forward to spotting him.
    Raw Deal is one of Schwarzeneggers weakest entries. If you want to see a truly fine release from the Austrian in the 1980s, I'd suggest Predator, or Commando, or even Red Heat. Try to get hold of a copy of Collateral Damage also, that Schwarzenegger appeared in around ten years ago, I saw it once, and was mighty impressed
    I quite like 'Collateral Damage.' I loved 'Raw Deal,' thought it was excellent, going to have to get it soon. I may impulse purchase 'Red Heat,' since it's only $5.
    True Lies is another one that's worth a look, but avoid at all costs, crap releases such as Last Action Hero, Kindergarten Cop and 'Jingle all the way'

Schwarzenegger was involved in one or two releases that made Diamonds are Forever resemble Casablanca, so forewarned is forearmed
    I've never seen the final three you listed, but I really liked 'True Lies.' I recall watching 'Eraser,' as well, though I haven't seen it in a long, long time, so I don't remember anything from it.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited July 2013 Posts: 17,691
    but avoid at all costs, crap releases such as Last Action Hero

WHAT?? That was a HILARIOUS spoof on the action genre of the day!!
    Awesome Michael Kamen music, John McTiernan (Die Hard) direction, the bad guy from Golden Child... how could anyone not love this???
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Won and delieverd last Friday, dvd of Silver Linings Playbook

mtkvbp.jpg
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @fire_and_ice, that's it! I allowed my friend to tell me the ending of the film because he told me he knew I would be disappointed, and I agreed. I gave it five minutes one time and just moved on to other things.

And I know how you feel. Anytime I'm out (or even online...thanks, Amazon) and I see deals I can't pass up, I have to get them.

I am in a bluray box set phase at present, look great on display also. Bond50 being the center piece of course :-) Wanting to get hold of The lord of the rings trilogy next, still not seen it on bluray. When it first came out was £60 in HMV should be able to get it online much cheaper now. Usually when i see a bargain i can't help but buy it lol

On sale this week on Amazon as a Gold Box deal, the LOTR Trilogy is only £15.00 on blu-ray, while the Extended Edition blu-ray box set is only £32.13.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @fire_and_ice, that's it! I allowed my friend to tell me the ending of the film because he told me he knew I would be disappointed, and I agreed. I gave it five minutes one time and just moved on to other things.

And I know how you feel. Anytime I'm out (or even online...thanks, Amazon) and I see deals I can't pass up, I have to get them.

I am in a bluray box set phase at present, look great on display also. Bond50 being the center piece of course :-) Wanting to get hold of The lord of the rings trilogy next, still not seen it on bluray. When it first came out was £60 in HMV should be able to get it online much cheaper now. Usually when i see a bargain i can't help but buy it lol

On sale this week on Amazon as a Gold Box deal, the LOTR Trilogy is only £15.00 on blu-ray, while the Extended Edition blu-ray box set is only £32.13.

Cheers will check it out, will definitely get the special edition box set. Very reasonable price :-)
    edited July 2013 Posts: 40,490
    No problem, do let me know how it is! I settled with the separate steelbook versions on blu-ray, I couldn't pass those up at $10 a film.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited July 2013 Posts: 4,447
    Yesterday:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQaQ37E4KXqn7x1EPMHFgOnI1Zwj5k76tMtUNKrF1PU5y_bKDS3
    Sherlock Holmes 2 (BD + DVD)

1002004011995893.jpg
    The Three Musketeers 2011' 2 disc 3D edition (3D/2D + DVD) in digipack.

Today:

Young Adult (BD + DVD)

the-fighter-_exclusive-dutch-steelbook-combo__1777_0.jpg
    The Fighter - 2 disc Steelbook Edition (BD + DVD)
    The 1979 European TV Series of Fantomas

In 1979 a four-episode Fantômas television series was co-produced by Antenne 2 (France) and Hamster Films (Germany). Each episode was approximately 90 minutes long. Although several of the titles were changed, each episode was based on a Souvestre-Allain novel:

1.L'Echafaud magique (The magic gallows). Produced by Claude Barma, directed by Claude Chabrol, adaptation and dialogue by Bernard Revon, music by Georges Delerue.
    Cast: Helmut Berger (Fantômas/Gurn), Jacques Dafilho (Juve), Pierre Malet (Fandor), Gayle Hunnicutt (Lady Beltham).
    Based on the first Fantômas novel, Fantômas.

2.L'Etriente du diable. Directed by Juan-Luis Buñuel; other production credits as above.
    Based on the second Fantômas novel, Juve contre Fantômas.

3.Le Mort qui tue (The murderous corpse). Directed by Juan-Luis Buñuel; other production credits as above.
    Based on the third Fantômas novel, Le Mort qui tue.

4.Le Tramway fantôme (The phantom tramway). Directed by Claude Chabrol; other production credits as above.
    Based on the fifth Fantômas novel, Un roi prisonnier de Fantômas.

I already have the Louis Feuillade 5 movies from 1913-1914, and I am really looking forward to this series of movies.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    edited July 2013 Posts: 3,262
    034%2B-%2B1965%2B-%2BBOEING%2BBOEING.jpg

http://www.filmposter-archiv.de/filmplakat/1965/boeing_boeing.jpg

Hilarious comedy classic with Tony Curtis as a Paris-based foreign correspondent working tirelessly to keep his 3 stewardess girlfriends from learning about each other's existence. Jerry Lewis plays his best buddy and gives a terrific performance in an atypical role for him. It's more like something Jack Lemmon would've portrayed. Suzanna Leigh(Grace from MajorDSmythe's and my favorite Bond knock off film "Deadlier Than The Male") plays the English stewardess.
    Well, the 'Oblivion' steelbook blu-ray that is only at Wal-Mart come August 6th was tempting, so I switched my reserve of the film elsewhere to 'Star Trek Into Darkness,' then went to Wal-Mart and paid off the steelbook version of 'Oblivion.' Getting shipped to my house the day of release.
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 6,432
    Jay and Silent Bob strike back collectors edition. Cracks me up this film. Full of movie references, great cameos.
    Thanks to some cheap movies, deals, and DVD trade-in coupons, I spent $30 and got 'The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel,' 'Evil Dead' (remake), 'Looper,' 'Predators,' 'Premium Rush,' and 'Rambo' (newer one) on blu-ray.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Thanks to some cheap movies, deals, and DVD trade-in coupons, I spent $30 and got 'The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel,' 'Evil Dead' (remake), 'Looper,' 'Predators,' 'Premium Rush,' and 'Rambo' (newer one) on blu-ray.

Have Rambo on bluray really does look good in HD rate it as the second best Rambo film behind First Blood.
    @fire_and_ice, very nice to hear. It's such a good movie, and I found it at Target for only $4.75 on blu-ray. Such a steal, that one.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @fire_and_ice, very nice to hear. It's such a good movie, and I found it at Target for only $4.75 on blu-ray. Such a steal, that one.

That's very cheap bought my copy for £5 brand new thought that was cheap at the time. Its a short and to the point film and like the ensemble cast. In a short space of time characters are established quickly. Great back drop and the action is brilliant, good soundtrack too.
    @fire_and_ice, oh absolutely. It's just one of those films you can't pass up if you see it for such a price, and it's really a great way to spend time. Plus, Stallone just absolutely slaughters everyone in the movie, and that throat rip is one of my favorite kills of all time.
    Have Rambo on bluray really does look good in HD rate it as the second best Rambo film behind First Blood.
    I love that movie, and your rating of it is spot on IMO.
    Went back out to take advantage of a deal that ends tomorrow, in case they ran out of copies of it, but I got 'Welcome to the Punch' on blu-ray for only $10. Also picked up 'Bad Santa,' the remake of 'Halloween,' and 'Kill Bill: Volume 2' on blu-ray.
    chrisisall wrote:
    I love that movie, and your rating of it is spot on IMO.

First Blood is exceptional, Rambo to me is the true sequel. The middle two movies were just a product of there time. Thankyou.
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 6,432
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @fire_and_ice, oh absolutely. It's just one of those films you can't pass up if you see it for such a price, and it's really a great way to spend time. Plus, Stallone just absolutely slaughters everyone in the movie, and that throat rip is one of my favorite kills of all time.

Oh the action and brutality is unforgiving, the nature of the enemy and their horrendous actions, not going to get into politics, though in the context of the movie does drag you in emotionally when Rambo lets loose.
    The Day of the Jackal.
    AVTAK Ultimate edition
    One of the great 70's conspiracy thrillers

parallax_view_poster.jpg
    One of the great 70's conspiracy thrillers
    I suspect there's as much truth as fiction to that film.
    What do you mean "fiction"? I thought it was a Michael Moore documentary ;-)
    Picked up 'In Time,' 'V For Vendetta' steelbook, 'Friday the 13th' remake, 'Predator,' 'Shooter,' 'Resident Evil: Retribution,' and 'Repo Men' for a little over $50 today.