The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited June 2013 Posts: 40,465
    I took advantage of Amazon's Lightning Deal today and got the 'Indiana Jones' box set collection.

EDIT: And today, I bought 'Police Story 1' and 'Police Story 2' for only $20 on blu-ray. They come in one case and are in English or Cantonese, thankfully. I tire of these terrible dubbed versions of Chan's films.
    To celebrate starting my new summer job, I went on a blu-ray purchasing frenzy these past few days, all in all getting 'Prometheus,' 'Reservoir Dogs,' 'A Good Day To Die Hard' (I was upset with the film, but the price was too good to pass up and I felt it might work better if I watch it alongside all the others...probably not, though), 'The Wolfman,' 'Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring' steelbook edition, 'Horrible Bosses,' '2012,' 'Titanic,' 'Headhunters,' and 'Jaws.'

Thanks to a big FYE in the mall here that decided to make everything 30% off before they move locations, I got nearly half of these for incredible deals.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited June 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Creasy47 wrote:
    To celebrate starting my new summer job, I went on a blu-ray purchasing frenzy these past few days, all in all getting 'Prometheus,' 'Reservoir Dogs,' 'A Good Day To Die Hard' (I was upset with the film, but the price was too good to pass up and I felt it might work better if I watch it alongside all the others...probably not, though), 'The Wolfman,' 'Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring' steelbook edition, 'Horrible Bosses,' '2012,' 'Titanic,' 'Headhunters,' and 'Jaws.'

Thanks to a big FYE in the mall here that decided to make everything 30% off before they move locations, I got nearly half of these for incredible deals.

Holy bargains, Batman! I have a summer job too, and it is nice to have the wallet satisfactorily filled at all times. I plan on really treating my best friend soon because his birthday is coming up.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited June 2013 Posts: 4,441
    3 June:

Rio (3 disc: 3D/2D/DVD)

1zufdy.jpg
    http://oi44.tinypic.com/1zufdy.jpg

2nknmdu.jpg
    http://oi42.tinypic.com/2nknmdu.jpg

I don't whan't to pay more then € 10,00. The 3Ddisc and sleeve cost me now € 5,00 extra then the BD/DVD Combopack without sleeve. Like Ice Age 3 not easy to get because i must visit the store a couple of times waiting til this happend to be quik before somebody ele's did.

Back cover a lot of wrong information about the audio and subtitels.

Specifications about the audio, subtitels and extra's:
    3D Bluray (Regio B). Audio: English DTS-HD MA 5.1. France & German* DTS 5.1.
    DD 5.1: Dutch/Nederlands, Flemish/Vlaams & Turkish*. Subtitels/Ondertiteling: English,
    Dutch/Nederlands, France, German*, Turkish* and Arabic*. (* Uncredit)

Extra's: Startup trailers in 3D/2D from Guilivers travels, Narnia 3 and Ice Age 3.

2D Bluray (Regio A/B):

Audio: English DTS-HD MA 5.1. France DTS 5.1. DD 5.1: Dutch/Nederlands,Flemish/Vlaams,
    Spanish* and Portugues*. Subtitels/Ondertiteling: English, Dutch/Nederlands, French,Spanish*,
    Portugues* and Arabic*. (* Uncredit)

Extra's:
    Startup Trailers: Ice Age 3, Diary Of A Wimpy Kid.
    Various Features, Delete scene, videoclip Telling the World, videoclip Welcome to Rio.
    Interview Feature about Dutch voices of the movie.
    Interview Feature about Flemish voices of the movie.

DVD (Regio 2):

Audio: DD 5.1 English, France, Dutch/Nederlands, Flemish/Vlaams.
    Subtitels: English, France, Dutch/Nederlands & Arabic.

Extra's:
    Startup trailer: Angry Birds Rio Game
    Delete scene, videoclip Telling the World.
    Interview Feature about Dutch voices of the movie.
    Interview Feature about Flemish voices of the movie.

Star Trek next gen season 1
    Star Trek deep space nine seasons 1 & 2
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Brian de Palma's Blow Out blu-ray, steelbook.
    One of my favourite de Palma movies, brilliant and under-rated. Nancy Allen is great and Travolta puts in one of his best performances. Awesome ending. Anyone not seen this should do themselves a favour and watch as soon as possible.
    Also Jethro Tull: Live Around the World dvd (four discs), some great live performances from one of the best British bands. A dvd collection every Tull fan should have.
    I found some DVDs at Big Lots.
    1. Licensed To Kill (Special Edition)
    2. The Spy Who Loved Me (Special Edition)
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds on blu-ray. Finally released in it's original aspect ratio! The DVD was pan-and-scan, but the making of had film clips in the original aspect ratio, bloody annoying.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited June 2013 Posts: 13,894
    dvd-thedemons1.jpg

Another Pertwee DVD for the collection. B-)
    dvd-thedemons1.jpg

Another Pertwee DVD for the collection. B-)

And one of my favorites as well, this one made me dive for cover when I was younger.
    Had a pretty good haul at the Wal-Mart $7.88 Blu-ray bargain bin:

Predator
    Kick-Ass
    The Thing
    Traffic
    Friday the 13th
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    SaintMark wrote:
    And one of my favorites as well, this one made me dive for cover when I was younger.

I have not seen it yet, but I get a The Wicker Man vibe from The Deamons.

I need to get my hands on The Ambassadors Of Death, Invasion Of The Dinosaurs & The Mind Of Evil to be up to date with the Pertwee era on DVD.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    man-with-no-name.jpg
    I wish they would make more Westerns like this trilogy these days; be nice if they would make another Man With No Name movie (if they can do it with Mad Max they can do it with this).

4294.jpg
    Haven't watched this since it was in theaters, just haven't been much in a Bond mood these past few months. I'm finally starting to get back in my Bond fandom.
  • You Only Live Twice - blu-ray
    While I'm upset with how much money I've spent on blu-rays this past month, I couldn't pass up the deals and they should leave me more than satisfied for the time being. I picked up the last two 'Lord of the Rings' films as steelbooks, 'Lethal Weapon,' 'Star Trek' (J.J.'s remake), 'Watchmen' steel-book, 'Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines,' and 'Terminator: Salvation' to round out by 'Terminator' collection.
    "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" as a iTunes download in HD. Just before that, "Goldfinger" in the same format. I've dropped a pretty big hint that I'd like the 50th anniversary blu-ray box set of the first 22nd Bond films for my own 50th birthday this year. I'd just have to add "Skyfall" separately.
    Django Unchained I thought it was Tarantino's 2nd best film (can't top Pulp Fiction) when I saw it at the cinema so I'm looking forward to seeing it again.

Doctor Who- Curse Of Frenric It's a few months until it's back on TV so I thought I'd get one of the old one's to tide me over (haven't seen any of them before).
    edited June 2013 Posts: 4,441
    Other ones in June:

Madagascar 3 (2 disc: BD/DVD)
    Bolt (2 disc: 3D/2D)

De Avonturen van Kuifje (Adventures of Tin Tin) Limited Collectors Edition. Number 3637/5000. For a boxset where i have seen prices also above € 90,00 (I pay 1/3 of that price.) it mabey disapointed. Shame the animated movie from 1974 isn't include and in specialy because it is in the earlier set from 2001 but the videofootage on that set is very bad (4/10 from a Belgium website). I wil give the episodes on those disc 6.0/6.5 or 7/10 on the 2 episodes that i already checked.

Intouchables (2011). France movie released in 2012 in The Netherlands and after Skyfall be with 12 million the biggest boxoffice hit in my country before The hobbit whas released. This 4 disc edition include 2 disc dvd, 1 disc bluray, artist soundtrack, poster & some cards, booklet and the novel where this movie is based on.

Salt. Re-released in 2012 Steelbook
    Unstoppable (2 disc: BD/DVD)
    Castle Season 2
    Due Date (UK 2 disc: BD/DVD). But bought local.
    The Descendants (2 disc: BD/DVD)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poUkAsKemMA

Re: Creasy47. I know what you mean. Inspecialy in my case i prefer local buying and i wil never get a change like this any more with some of those titles or going to take much longer. Of course the situtation be a litle bit sad, the stores much get ridd of those things because there must closed the door soon. This means the end of any change of some titles i can't find at another store or/and don't whant spend to much money on. It be to inportent for some releases to see what i get. Another store gone mean another store less to search in. Searching is part of the fun.

Whyle the media let believe it the people who download, the crises or buying more online at Dutch online stores (It never be confirmd how this is possible with the so much high prices there asking) i blame the to not enough things be avaible local (Acceptable reasen why select group of people mabey buy things online and it be hard find to find things.), much high prices both Dutch local and online stores asking, how there deal with things (How it possible that only 1 store seald everthing.) and of course the Dutch people who don't buy local but import things from Uk or Germany. Then of course i mean the things who are avaible in my country local.

Doctor Who- Curse Of Frenric It's a few months until it's back on TV so I thought I'd get one of the old one's to tide me over (haven't seen any of them before).

Excellent choice. If I had to recommend a McCoy era who, The Curse Of Fenric would be the one.

5osepraib11cvbncohufivpcweknbol063nk39545fhtdqyod0hvco0t6mtcbxyei1atnzeo73gyw8xl.tif&wid=370&cvt=jpeg

10780852-1370434552-199010.jpg

10765971-1369742947-532746.jpg

4594838705.swf
    1002004011518314.jpg
    2 disc: BD/DVD: Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes (2011)
    Les Misérables (Hugh Jackman and Anne Hathaway) and Jesus Christ Superstar (the Arena Tour). Waiting for the complete edition to buy The Hobbit, just as I did for Lord of the Rings.
  • Picked up The Last Stand starring Arnie and Bullet To The Head starring Sly. I'm a sucker for any action movies starring these guys......
    Just traded in four old blu-rays and in exchange, I paid off my blu-ray copies of 'Oblivion' and 'The Great Gatsby.'
    Hancock, Love guru, Public enemys Hollywoodland all on bluray.

Casa de me padre, Harsh times, The fountain on dvd.

'Harsh Times' was a great movie. Is the one you got the one with Christian Bale?
    Creasy47 wrote:

'Harsh Times' was a great movie. Is the one you got the one with Christian Bale?

That's the film mate, only ever watched it once when it was first released. Picked it up for £1 from a charity shop, looking forward to watching it again.
    @fire_and_ice, what a great price. I, too, only saw it once around the time it was released on DVD, and remember loving it. Bale is real gritty and raw in it.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @fire_and_ice, what a great price. I, too, only saw it once around the time it was released on DVD, and remember loving it. Bale is real gritty and raw in it.

I agree when Bale plays those types of roles think he is very watchable, American Psycho, The Machinist, The Prestige films i think he is excellent in, also 3:10 from Yuma.

Have yet to watch either Public Enemies which i have just bought or The fighter. Certainly one of my favourite actors of his generation. Brilliant in the Dark Knight trilogy of course.
    I have yet to see 'The Fighter,' either, but someone at my college recommended it to me all the time. 'Public Enemies' is great, if you're a fan of Michael Mann, but I feel Bale took a backseat to Depp throughout the movie, as it mostly focuses on John Dillinger.

It looks like Bale will be pretty gritty in that movie of his coming out towards the end of the year, 'Out of the Furnace.' Sounds pretty good so far.