The Last Movie You Bought?

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @DarthDimi, is that film based on the theory that Jack the Ripper came to New York in the late 19th century via Ellis Island and changed his name to John Miller as he began to kill again?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @DarthDimi, is that film based on the theory that Jack the Ripper came to New York in the late 19th century via Ellis Island and changed his name to John Miller as he began to kill again?

One thing you should know about the average Fulci giallo, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, is that it's only based on severed limbs, crimson coloured blood and maniacal madness. I doubt that Fulci ever considered anything besides the pure shock value of his films. Ergo, to answer your question, no sir, in my recollection there's no basis in any historical or cultural bit for this film. :)

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited April 2013 Posts: 28,694
    DarthDimi wrote:

One thing you should know about the average Fulci giallo, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, is that it's only based on severed limbs, crimson coloured blood and maniacal madness. I doubt that Fulci ever considered anything besides the pure shock value of his films. Ergo, to answer your question, no sir, in my recollection there's no basis in any historical or cultural bit for this film. :)

Oh...I was getting excited about the possibility for a moment there... :-<
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    DarthDimi wrote:

But perhaps I can get you excited enough via the gore and violence to see the film anyway? ;-) We need more Fulci love in this world. :P
    DarthDimi wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:

But perhaps I can get you excited enough via the gore and violence to see the film anyway? ;-) We need more Fulci love in this world. :P

Maybe, I dunno. I have my film stages, and I had an early moment where I was superhero obsessed (Spiderman and Batman), then Bond obsessed, then got into black and white classics and noir and now I am kind of picking and choosing famous/notable films I haven't yet seen and getting at least one watch in while I go back and rewatch those I haven't seen for a time. Next the plan is westerns, though who knows when that phase will occur since I have plenty more noir, black and white classic films and some superhero films to watch on top of that. So much cinematic talent, so little time...
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Next the plan is westerns

Seraprim Falls
    Quick & the Dead
    Good Bad & Ugly
    Nevada Smith
    Searchers
    Bandelero
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    'Tombstone' is a great western, as well.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    OOhh, Yes!
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 12,837
    A Fistful Of Dollars
    The Magnificent 7
    Once Upon A Time In The West
    Unforgiven
    True Grit
    Django Unchained
    The Road Warrior (my favourite western but not everyone might consider it as one because it's set in Apocalyptic Australia)
    A Fistful Of Dollars
    The Magnificent 7
    Once Upon A Time In The West
    Unforgiven
    True Grit
    Django Unchained
    The Road Warrior (my favourite western but not everyone might consider it as one because it's set in Apocalyptic Australia)
    Creasy47 wrote:
    chrisisall wrote:
    Next the plan is westerns

Seraprim Falls
    Quick & the Dead
    Good Bad & Ugly
    Nevada Smith
    Searchers
    Bandelero[/quote]
    Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone. :)

John Wayne and Clint Eastwood I have seen before, but there is a lot of their filmography I haven't yet. I want to get into Sergio Leone's westerns as well as John Ford's work and more. And of course all these you listed. ;)
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    @0Brady, Westerns at the top of my list:-
    Sam Peckinpah's Pat Garrett & Billy The Kid (the Turner preview edition is the best imo)
    Clint Eastwood's The Outlaw Josey Wells
    Walter Hill's The Long Riders
    and the Bruce Lee starter, Fist of Fury (the Chinese Connection in USA), if that's not a spaghetti/noodle western I'll eat my stetson!
    My 'Django Unchained' steelbook blu-ray just shipped from Target!! I'm beyond excited.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    My 'Django Unchained' steelbook blu-ray just shipped from Target!! I'm beyond excited.

Interested to see what you think of this. I've not seen this yet so am looking forward to some honest reviews about it.
    @Lancaster007, I loved the film, and it tied SF for my favorite film of 2012.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited April 2013 Posts: 13,882
    I+Anna++2012++DVDRip+400MB+Hnmovies.jpg
    DVHaGr6mO50wKK_1_l.jpg
    10628014-1355156846-780737.jpg
    10655831-1359049293-67142.jpg
    @MajorDSmythe, had you watched 'Taken 2' before purchasing it, or was it a blind buy?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I had not seen Taken 2 before buying. But I did like the first film, and it was only £7.99.
    edited April 2013 Posts: 40,372
    @MajorDSmythe, that's not too bad. I was so pumped for 'Taken 2,' and I saw it during a midnight premiere, but the editing just ruined the entire movie for me.

I picked up the original 'Halloween' and 'Seven' tonight on blu-ray for less than $20.

Speaking of 'Halloween,' has anyone seen that awesome artwork for the sequel's blu-ray cover? I love it.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @MajorDSmythe, that's not too bad. I was so pumped for 'Taken 2,' and I saw it during a midnight premiere, but the editing just ruined the entire movie for me.

I picked up the original 'Halloween' and 'Seven' tonight on blu-ray for less than $20.

Speaking of 'Halloween,' has anyone seen that awesome artwork for the sequel's blu-ray cover? I love it.
    What a steal! Great films!!!
    Silent House (2011)
    And Then There Were None (1974)
    It Had To Be You / Tight Spot (Ginger Rogers double pack)
    $T2eC16R,!)EE9s2ugNrZBRUFw3h9Q!~~60_57.JPG
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    The Amazing Spider-Man Blu-Ray 9.5/10
    One of my favorite super hero movies.

Total Recall (2012) Blu-Ray 9/10
    I enjoyed this one more than the original and I thought I'd never say that.
    Not a movie, but just bought Season One of Hunter (starring Fred Dryer and Stepfanie Kramer) used to love this when it first showed over here. Had to get Region 1, as it doesn't seem to have been released in Blighty yet! Still. Work's For Me!
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited April 2013 Posts: 4,416
    02 April
    This Means War (BD/DVD)
    Mr. Popper's Penguins (BD/DVD)
    Kung Fu Panda 2 (BD/DVD)

03 April
    Happy Feet 2 (BD/DVD)
    Traitor (BD)

07 April: Super 8 (BD/DVD)
    15 April: The Ides Of March (BD)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INf936Stp2U
    Just bought Tailor Of Panama, never saw it. I hope it's good...
    We had a day out for my mom's birthday, and at Walmart I picked up Django Unchained and a 15 film Hitchcock collection that was in a $5 bin! Yes, that's right: 15 Hitch films for just $5. Someone arrest me for B&E because that's a steal. :D
    Someone arrest me for B&E because that's a steal. :D

You have the right to remain silent, so shut the f**k up, okay? You have the right to an attorney. If you can't afford an attorney, we'll provide you with the dumbest f**king lawyer on earth. If you get Johnny Cochrane, I'll kill ya!

:))
    chrisisall wrote:
    Someone arrest me for B&E because that's a steal. :D

You have the right to remain silent, so shut the f**k up, okay? You have the right to an attorney. If you can't afford an attorney, we'll provide you with the dumbest f**king lawyer on earth. If you get Johnny Cochrane, I'll kill ya!

:))

It has been confirmed that Atticus Finch has taken up my case. L-)
    I quote Lethal Weapon 4 and you respond with a reference to To Kill A Mockingbird?
    You win, sir. :)>-
    chrisisall wrote:
    I quote Lethal Weapon 4 and you respond with a reference to To Kill A Mockingbird?
    You win, sir. :)>-

And now I am smiling while thinking of a film with Riggs and Murtaugh working alongside Atticus to take down criminals, so it is safe to say we both win. B-)

Murtaugh: "We're gettin' too old for this sh*t."

Riggs: "Face it, Atticus; he's right. We've lost our skin, we've lost our strength and we've lost our determination. We used to have the courage to shoot our way out of a scrap up and save the day, but now we're cutting it too close."

Atticus: "Courage isn't a man with a gun in his hand. It's when you know you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what."