Daniel Craig to be James Beard

Comments

• I thought that might 'razor' laugh. Boom! Boom!
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 2,782
    Right can we get the Bond titles with shaving/beards out the way please? I don't think anyone will beat Live and Gillette Die lol.

Moonshaver.

I read yes it amazing. I read Pierce Bronson wore in DAD. Roger Moore wore fake Moustache in Octopussy. In real life all James Bond mostly Sean Connery to some wear a Moustache. Sean started wearing after he left the Bond films. Others 007s sometime do.
    I rather be a beard Dirty Harry.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    For Your Beard Only; and it's sequel,
    Your Beard is Not Enough
    "On Her Majesty's Secret Beard"
    "The Spy Who Loved Beards"
    "The Man With The Golden Beard"
    "Licence To Beard"
    "From Russia With Beards"
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Dr. Beard!
    Beardfinger (wtf?!)
    Thunderbeard (okay, that one's kinda pushing it)
    You Only Shave Twice
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    From Razor with Blood
    Goldshaver
    You Only Cut Twice
    Diamond Blades Are Forever
    The Man with the Golden Schick
    For Your Face Only
    License to Shave
    Quantum of Stubble

Sorry- I'm done now.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited October 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Shavepussy is my favourite though very near to the mark. Why has this not already been said? ;-)
    It's more fun when you insert the word "boobs" into the titles:

Dr. Boobs
    From Boobs With Love
    Goldboobs
    Thunderboobs
    Boobs Only Live Twice
    On Her Majesty's Secret Boobs
    Boobs Are Forever
    Live And Boobs Die
    The Man With The Golden Boobs
    The Spy Who Loved Boobs
    Moonboobs
    For Your Boobs Only
    Boobspussy
    A View To A Boob
    The Living Boobs
    Boobs To Kill
    GoldenBoobs
    Boobs Never Die
    The Boobs Is Not Enough
    Boobs Another Day
    Boobs Royale
    Boobs Of Solace

And quite possibly "Skyboobs" or "Boobsfall" (Judi Dench?)

Wow. We are wildly off-topic. Just goes to show how seriously we take this "news"
  • License to Beard too funny

Your beard is not enough lol

Quantum of Stubble that's good

The Man with the Golden Boobs wins it - because he really did have three golden boobs

• If this beard talk is true, it means the stunt with Bond moving from car to car will have a bearded Bond. For an action scene?! I'm not so sure.

And $135 million is hardly a shoestring budget so we can stop that talk right now.

The Sun may have this one 100% wrong.
    The $135 million figure may be based on a Sunday Times story that ran earlier this year (most people on Bond message boards read a version used by The Australian newspaper's website). That story reported MGM and Sony wanted to raise $45 million, or one-third of Bond 23's budget, through product placement. Multiply $45 million by three and you get $135 million. The Times of India later used that figure, without saying how it obtained the information.

As noted before, $135 million is still an ample budget. $230 million is almost Harry Potter budgeting.

It's more fun when you insert the word "boobs" into the titles:

Dr. Boobs
    From Boobs With Love
    Goldboobs
    Thunderboobs
    Boobs Only Live Twice
    On Her Majesty's Secret Boobs
    Boobs Are Forever
    Live And Boobs Die
    The Man With The Golden Boobs
    The Spy Who Loved Boobs
    Moonboobs
    For Your Boobs Only
    Boobspussy
    A View To A Boob
    The Living Boobs
    Boobs To Kill
    GoldenBoobs
    Boobs Never Die
    The Boobs Is Not Enough
    Boobs Another Day
    Boobs Royale
    Boobs Of Solace

And quite possibly "Skyboobs" or "Boobsfall" (Judi Dench?)

Wow. We are wildly off-topic. Just goes to show how seriously we take this "news"
    Personal favorites here are:

The Man With the Golden Boobs (personal favorite)
    The Spy Who Loved Boobs (this one describes me)
    Boobspussy (Yep)
    A View to a Boob (every man loves this title)

Yes, for some reason putting the word "boobs" into Roger Moore's films works all too well. I did also like On Her Majesty's Secret Boobs, all though this implies far too much.
    NO PLEASE NO!!! THEY"RE RUINING THE BOND FRANCHISE AND EON ENTERPRISE!!! SOMEONE PLEASE STOP THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-( :-( :-(
  • NO PLEASE NO!!! THEY"RE RUINING THE BOND FRANCHISE AND EON ENTERPRISE!!! SOMEONE PLEASE STOP THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-( :-( :-(
    Agreed. No more boobs, how about carrots:

Dr. Carrot
    From Carrot With Love
    Goldcarrot
    Thundercarrot
    Carrots Only Live Twice
    On Her Majesty's Secret Carrot
    Carrots Are Forever
    Live And Let Carrot
    The Man With The Golden Carrot
    The Spy Who Loved Carrots
    Mooncarrot
    For Your carrot Only
    Carrotpussy
    A View To A Carrot
    The Living Carrots
    Carrots To Kill
    GoldenCarrot
    Carrot Never Die
    The Carrot Is Not Enough
    Carrot Another Day
    Carrot Royale - nice
    Carrot Of Solace

And that's the end of it for me, I'll get back on topic.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited October 2011 Posts: 4,043
    GF save the terrific PTS and Barry's quality score for me is without doubt the most overrated Bond film of all time, I know it gets the plaudits from the general public and critics alike but I just don't understand what is so amazing about it.

After the cold war class of FRWL we slip into the blue print that wil dominate the series up and till CR. Yes it has all the Bond elements that everyone associates with the series and also it has one of the only Pre title sequences that bears no relation to the main story. As someone said it shows Bond captured for a large part of the duration of the film.

It seems as soon as M warns Bond that his mission to investigate Goldfinger is not a personal vendetta after his incident in Miami Connery's Bond seems completely neutered of the cool panther strutting deadly suave agent he defined in FRWL and a somewhat incompetent possible rapist replaces the 007 from the 2nd entry of the series.

I think it will remain the defintive example of what people define as Bond but for the life of me I don't know why. As for GE that would be 2nd place for the most overrated film of the series.

I think the sound of them scaling it back and setting it in London for longer than usual and holding back on Craig pummeling the living shit out adversaries is a welcome element and found that it is not necessary to show him destroying people with his fists, it was fine in CR but QOS really overplayed it.

QOS proved to me that there was limits to me seeing a deadly serious brutal Bond, I championed Craig and still do but please lets have some fun this time. Bond 23 needs to be a good balance between what has been established with Craig's era and also all the great elements of the most enjoyable entries, OHMSS was one of the most serious films up till Dalton's 2 and CR & QOS but it still was incredibly entertaining and thrilling as hell, if Mendes can pull off that trick then we might have ourselves a film to shout about but I'm still suspicious this could decend into po faced ultra serious deadly terminator Bond antics, let see a Bond like Connery in FRWL more playful but still deadly, lets see DC have some fun with the character, they've established him now let those trademarks we all know and love show through!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited October 2011 Posts: 15,690
    Yes CR and QOS is Connery Bond for the MTV generation - Connery didn't need to run around jumping off buildings and punch someone every 5 minutes to be deadly. CR and QOS are the dumbed down version of Connery, and the dull version of Moore without any fun. Yes @0Brady you can keep the realistic, darker, deadly Bond, but allow Craig to do that by magnetic presense, not physical strenght. And it wouldn't hurt to add a good dose of fun in the next few films.
    Yes @0Brady you can keep the realistic, darker, deadly Bond, .
    WOW - how generous of you. Is your break over?

The Spy Who Loved Boobs...I can't stop laughing at this.lol :-)
    I'm still pissing my pants with laughter over The Man With The Golden Boobs.
  • Would it really be the end of the world if Agent 007 had a beard or some serious facial hair, I seem to remember Dalton being some stage there at one point in LTK, whilst staying with Sanchez, point being, so many things are coming to the fore just lately, Bond can't be colored, can't be this or that, and lo and behold we now debate should Bond have a beard, I only say no due to the fact that we have never seen this before, but it could be a case of when and not if, I never saw craig in the Golden Compass but didn't he have a beard for that, just because it's Bond, we automatically assume it's a no go area, I could actually live with this idea going ahead one day, i.e. if Craig turns up for shooting long enough and gets some hair on his face would they fire him for it, Bond with beards seems a feasible enough realization

And just a minute, Bond did have a most extreme beard in Die Another Day, after being held on ship, even though one scene later he was immaculately dressed and not a hair on his face, way to go Brosnan but he did look better for it, maybe Bond Beards just aren't the thing to do, but you know audiences would still turn up and it wouldn't be the end of the franchise if they ever took this seriously
    Yeah, Bond had a beard in DAD, but he was also held in a North Korean prison for 14 months; and yes, one scene he had a beard and was dressed like Double Oh Hobo, the next he was dressed like Pierce Brosnan and SHAVING.
  • I'm still pissing my pants with laughter over The Man With The Golden Boobs.
    Please refrain for using the P word i find it most offensive and it has already ruined my day, my month, my year and my entire life.

• ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited October 2011 Posts: 4,043
    Yes CR and QOS is Connery Bond for the MTV generation - Connery didn't need to run around jumping off buildings and punch someone every 5 minutes to be deadly. CR and QOS are the dumbed down version of Connery, and the dull version of Moore without any fun. Yes @0Brady you can keep the realistic, darker, deadly Bond, but allow Craig to do that by magnetic presense, not physical strenght. And it wouldn't hurt to add a good dose of fun in the next few films.
    Don't get me wrong I like CR, yes we need to cut the running around back but I still enjoyed that thrilling open chase after the PTS, after 4 entries of a clothes peg getting around with the use of ridiculous gadgets it was a refreshing change but DC era has become defined by running around.

That moment at the Opera in QOS was pure class, DC showed he could do the subtle humour by informing Quantum he was listening in and also managing to gather evidence of some of the their operatives but these scenes were few and far between.
    Lets have more of Bond in the Bahamas in CR, quick thinking using being mistaken for a member staff to his advantage to gain entrance to the surveilence room. When he followed this up with gaining the information from the hotel receptionist and used the line "But what if I felt compelled to". This for me saw Craig with a subtle touch of Moore without decending into smutty inuendo's. Bond 23 needs to show that DC's Bond can be amusing while not troweling it on thick and feeling contrived like it did in Brosnan's era.

The thing that worries me is that DC's era wants to avoid being humourous because it doesn't want to be the Bond of old, I understand but I think making them ultra serious spy thrillers is not the way to go. Whatever way you look at it and people seem to be still living in denial about the effect the Bourne series had on Bond but this film needs to strike out on it's own again. Forget other franchises if you are going to emulate anything look back to what was so great before in your own series instead of emulating other films in order to feel contemporary but please no clumsy tributes like that Fields in oil on the bed moments.

Bond 23 is the deal breaker for this new era and if it carries on in the same feel as the previous entry I feel audiences will get board and clamour even more for ridiculous OTT Bond again. If you can give the audience and little of what they want coupled with some exciting original Bond, break some new ground for the series maybe but not in a way that see's it start to not even resemble the series anymore. QOS teetered on very narrow precipice of falling into just becoming a generic action thriller.

Bond 23 needs to be exciting, thrilling and suspenceful but most important it needs to be a James Bond film and not one of it's younger prentenders.

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Is Daniel Craig the next Sean Connery ? Yes, definatly. But he hasn't shown anything close of Conneryness in CR and QOS. Connery didn't need endless chase scenes and having to punch someone every 5 minutes to come off as cold, deadly, brutal to his opponent. Connery had a panther attitude, helped by his sheer magnetic presence that made for an electryfing performance. If EON can drop the need to put Craig in endless action and fight scenes, and give him room to showcase his acting talent, which he has buckets of, and allow him to be deadly, cold and brutal by the sheer magnetic presence he shares with Connery, I'd be the first one to call Craig the new Connery. The Craig era thus far seem to put forward Craig as a generic action hero that happens to be named James Bond. I hope EON will come to their senses, and see that Craig could be the next Connery if they drop the action-hero status and give him more room to show his magnetic presence and not the power of his fists.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Loosely follow the basic blueprint of FRWL and it's bound to be a classic. Instead of the foot chases, I'd like to see him sneak around a bit more like Connery did in Thunderball (Shrublands scene). It adds a bit of suspense.
    Loosely follow the basic blueprint of FRWL and it's bound to be a classic. Instead of the foot chases, I'd like to see him sneak around a bit more like Connery did in Thunderball (Shrublands scene). It adds a bit of suspense.
    Yes, Craig needs more stealth scenes. More sneaking around as you say. Yes, Craig should be physically fit to be credible if he has to take down an opponent, but that doesn't mean he has to take down someone every 5 seconds to be credible at that... Connery came off as deadly because with his pantherness, we knew he was bound to wipe the floor with his opponents at any moment... doesn't mean he had to do that every 5 minutes. Connery was came off as deadly and brutal just by his mannierism and body language just by walking around... Let Craig do the same, and he will be incredible.

I'm still pissing my pants with laughter over The Man With The Golden Boobs.
    Please refrain for using the P word i find it most offensive and it has already ruined my day, my month, my year and my entire life.

Your entire life? *sigh* I'm a vulgar person, and I've already toned my language down quite a bit for this site. Believe me, I usually let the f*cks fly, whereas I've only dropped two, maybe three (not including this one) in the entire 139 posts I've had here. I'm sorry for what I've "done" to you, but that's just me.
    I've found this on another forum: http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/6109/130018877.jpg

It was taken today.
    I've found this on another forum: http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/6109/130018877.jpg

It was taken today.
    That look isn't too bad... I could see Bond like that. 8->
  • I've found this on another forum: http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/6109/130018877.jpg

It was taken today.
    That look isn't too bad... I could see Bond like that. 8->
    Maybe this is an escape scene