Daniel Craig to be James Beard

Comments

Well, I was talking about the 'beard' Idea.
  • I've found this on another forum: http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/6109/130018877.jpg

It was taken today.
    Have we confirmed whether Craig has filmed anything yet? It could just be that a writer saw Craig out with a beard and *assumed* that he would have one in the film...

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I've found this on another forum: http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/6109/130018877.jpg

It was taken today.
    That look isn't too bad... I could see Bond like that. 8->
    Maybe this is an escape scene

Yes, an escape from his favorite pub when Quantum agents burn it down.
  • Maybe not as much bollocks as you think

Craig at Tin Tin premiere today sporting beard
    http://justjared.buzznet.com/2011/10/23/daniel-craig-adventures-of-tintin-premiere/

They RUINED the franchise!!!!! adding on Bond's face a beard?!!!! OK, NOW IT'S PERSONAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Blimey he looks knackered. Cavill and Assbender step this way. I reckon that's about two weeks worth of growth. So maybe growing it a bit more for his undercover duties infiltrating a terrorist cell in London and then chasing them down in a Jag before they blow up the Olympic village.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I wouldn't quite call it a beard yet. Based on the photo, I don't have a problem with him sporting it for a percentage of the film.
    I'm disappointed. I waited four bloody years to see a true James Bond finally coming out... AND they now added a beard!!!! This is a slap to Fleming in the face.
  • tqbtqb
    edited October 2011 Posts: 1,022
    its just a beard, why do people care so much?
    And we'll know in a couple weeks when spy photos from filming leak out

and maybe he has a beard now because he's trying to grow it out before being clean shaven for 6 months
    I still imagine, that they might shoot that pre title sequence first (it should be possible to shoot a scene of a couple of minutes in one sequence, right?) in which he maybe sports that beard and has it shaven off for the rest of the film...
    It's Bond. His face must be clean shaven. Guys, wake up!
    Oh come on - maybe its your turn to not be childish - sorry...
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited October 2011 Posts: 13,350
    I've found this on another forum: http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/6109/130018877.jpg

It was taken today.
    That look isn't too bad... I could see Bond like that. 8->
    I really like Craig's hair this time around. It seems to suit him and Bond.

It was taken today.
    Have we confirmed whether Craig has filmed anything yet? It could just be that a writer saw Craig out with a beard and *assumed* that he would have one in the film...

Nothing will be filmed until the 7th.
    I'm disappointed. I waited four bloody years to see a true James Bond finally coming out... AND they now added a beard!!!! This is a slap to Fleming in the face.
    You do realise it won't be for the entire film? ~X(
    I still imagine, that they might shoot that pre title sequence first (it should be possible to shoot a scene of a couple of minutes in one sequence, right?) in which he maybe sports that beard and has it shaven off for the rest of the film...
    The PTS will be filmed and set in Istanbul, Turkey. That will be filmed we think, in December, at least before the year is over.
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 4,619
    How do you know that?
    The PTS will be filmed and set in Istanbul, Turkey.
    We don't know that. Remember, during 2006 it was reported several times that CR will begin with a chase scene set in Madagascar and in 2008 it was reported that QOS will begin with the Palio scene - none of those reports turned out to be true.
    How do you know that?
    I can't see that happening at all. Because it's Bond it wouldn't make sense.
    The PTS will be filmed and set in Istanbul, Turkey.
    We don't know that. Remember, during 2006 it was reported several times that CR will begin with a chase scene set in Madagascar and in 2008 it was reported that QOS will begin with the Palio scene - none of those reports turned out to be true.
    This time we have word from Ertugrul Günay, Turkish Culture and Tourism Minister. I think I'll trust him that he's got that information from EON. Plus it will only be for 10 - 15 minutes of film time.

"The opening scenes are planned to be filmed in Istanbul, but some other places will also be used outside Istanbul for the film," Günay confirmed.

This time we have word from Ertugrul Günay, Turkish Culture and Tourism Minister. I think I'll trust him that he's got that information from EON. Plus it will only be for 10 - 15 of film time.
    I agree that it's safe to say Turkey will be somewhere in the first 1/3 of the movie but I don't think we can be sure that it will be the PTS.

This time we have word from Ertugrul Günay, Turkish Culture and Tourism Minister. I think I'll trust him that he's got that information from EON. Plus it will only be for 10 - 15 of film time.
    I agree that it's safe to say Turkey will be somewhere in the first 1/3 of the movie but I don't think we can be sure that it will be the PTS.

Even when he says it's for the "opening scenes"?

Yes. Back in 2006 I've read several times that Madagascar will be the opening of CR and in 2008 that QOS will open with the Palio scene.

I don't trust any reports regarding the PTS anymore. :)

Yes. Back in 2006 I've read several times that Madagascar will be the opening of CR and in 2008 that QOS will open with the Palio scene.

I don't trust any reports regarding the PTS anymore. :)

This time we have something from the Turkish Culture and Tourism Minister. I think he's more reliable than the "unnamed sources" for the last two films. I see no reason to doubt him at all, though he may have purposely been fed false information.
    James Bond with beard and possibly non-Fleming title... Isn't Bond 23 supposed to be a classic Bond?
    Something isn't right here...
    Have we confirmed whether Craig has filmed anything yet?
    He has not filmed anything. And bear in mind that the writer works for a tabloid, so there's a degree of untruth in it.
    They RUINED the franchise!!!!! adding on Bond's face a beard?!!!! OK, NOW IT'S PERSONAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And the award for over-reaction of the week goes to ...
    It's not the end of the world people...
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Right back at you, sir. This is a rumor, on the level of tabloid gossip; hence, nothing to be taken seriously, not until we see actual footage of a bearded Bond on stage.

I advise you take a stress pil, Dave. ;;)
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 1,894
    And besides, maybe the beard is in there for a reason rather than a whim. When Brosnan wore a beard in DIE ANOTHER DAY, it was because he had been in a North Korean prison for fourteen months. Maybe Craig wears a beard because he has been on a long-term assignment and does not have regular access to a razor or some such. Maybe he is on an assignment that requires him to imitate someone else, and the baard is a part of the image he wants to project.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    And besides, maybe the beard is in there for a reason rather than a whim. When Brosnan wore a beard in DIE ANOTHER DAY, it was because he had been in a North Korean prison for fourteen months. Maybe Craig wears a beard because he has been on a long-term assignment and does not have regular access to a razor or some such.
    I had been thinking about this too.

Plus, you have beards and you have beards. They won't give Bond the Santa beard to don, I'm relatively confident about that. ;;)

Its a week? until filming it DOSN'T take a week to shave!!!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited October 2011 Posts: 11,139
    Or maybe, Craig just hasn't shaved yet as right now he doesn't need to. I remember during rehersals and stunt training for the last 2 Craig was bearded also but whatever. Bond by and large for the movie will be clean shaven.
    Bond by and large for the movie will be clean shaven.
    You sound awfully certain of that.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    That's because I am.
    Bond with a beard will not be just about creating a new look, it will be
    to do with the story and drama.

Craig looks tough with the beard. Brosnan looked like a Yeti, but he was a prisoner. Craig's beard is trimmed and cared for - the look is totally deliberate this time.