Daniel Craig to be James Beard

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    It's likely for some kind of undercover operation. Just calm down and see how it's used first, before criticising. It will be only be for a small portion of the film anyway. How this one thing can ruin a film I'll never know. Everything else points to this being one of the best Bond films in quite a while.
  • Just trowing it out their, but what if he would sport a beard/some grain like Bradley Cooper in The A-Team remake (Dirk Benedict was always clean, except for that horrible mustache he had in one episode, but it seemed totally appropriate Cooper would have the beard)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I shake my head at this thread.
  • I shake my head at this thread.
    up or down or side to side? i wonder if there is going to be product placement for a shaving brand in the movie?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited October 2011 Posts: 13,944
    @Char35t

I'm guessing he'll use the beard as some sort of piton-grappling hook to get from one place to the other. Can't anyone else see the logic in this?

@doubleoego

Does your head have a beard? Because IMO, shaking your head with any trace of a beard would be hypocritical, would it not?

Just joking, by the way! :)
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    its a Q gadget....synthetic beard for picking up encrypted signals and to lower heat signature....
    :-))
    I don't see what the big deal is. Like some said, he will probably sport it for a fraction of the movie, and then he will go back to clean shaven. I don't see a problem with that.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I don't see a problem at all. So the man has a beard. Some women (as my cousin tells me when she shacks up with someone) find beards to make men more attractive than clean-shaven.
    They have to STOP ruining the franchise.
    Yes, because it's an established scientific fact that people with beards ruin things as a matter of course simply because they have a beard.

I'm sorry, but there's no other way of putting this: this is one of the dumbest comments I've heard in a long time.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Hey, hey, hey, I don't f*ck things up just because I have a beard.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I, for one disagree with people judging someone based on the length of their facial hair. I'm fairly new to this forum, but I'm pretty sure beardism will not be tolerated.

Here's my thoughts on the topic at hand. Maybe (and I stress the word 'maybe') the beard's hair follicles act as a type of particle detector that measure the emission of nuclear radiation (geiger counter in DN). Anything's possible, right?
    Your comments suck.
    That's uncalled-for.
    Your comments suck.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa, what did I do to YOU now? Does everyone here believe I'm rude just because I swear?

And, Skyfall (oh, yeah, nice name, since you NEED to name yourself after the possible title of the next movie - and I'm gonna laugh at you if it ends up otherwise), have you even read all of my comments? I've been half on-topic, 1/5th off-topic, 1/5th offensive (if you go by forgotmyusername's opinion) and 3/5th making semi-funny comments based on everyone else's semi-funny comments. Here, I was making a semi-funny comment based on shadowonthesun's little (possibly) bullsh*t comment that people with beards ruin things simply because they have beards (I'm assuming he doesn't mean it).
  • Hey, hey, hey, I don't f*ck things up just because I have a beard.
    Your comments suck.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa, what did I do to YOU now? Does everyone here believe I'm rude just because I swear?

And, Skyfall (oh, yeah, nice name, since you NEED to name yourself after the possible title of the next movie - and I'm gonna laugh at you if it ends up otherwise), have you even read all of my comments? I've been half on-topic, 1/5th off-topic, 1/5th offensive (if you go by forgotmyusername's opinion) and 3/5th making semi-funny comments based on everyone else's semi-funny comments. Here, I was making a semi-funny comment based on shadowonthesun's little (possibly) bullsh*t comment that people with beards ruin things simply because they have beards (I'm assuming he doesn't mean it).
    Dear Agent dude - from the time I've been on these boards - swearing is a no no no - I've had my run ins too over this in the past. Anyway this thread is a bit crazy now. He grows a beard for a a scene or two and then shaves it off. It's hardly ruining or destroying Bond.

To sum it up:

The Sun (I'm bitterly disappointed I can't make an abject pun about their name the way I can with The Daily Fail) is claiming that BOND 23 will be the first Bond film where Bond is required to wear a beard. They're clearly forgetting DIE ANOTHER DAY (we should be so jealous).

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/3896858/Herbied-go-bananas.html

But that's not the most bizarre thing about this article (I'll let you find that one out for yourselves.
    A stunt involving VW Beetles would look cool. I very doubt the mentioned methods of getting hold of them though. It may have some weight and may not. We'll see...
    The Sun (I'm bitterly disappointed I can't make an abject pun about their name the way I can with The Daily Fail) is claiming that BOND 23 will be the first Bond film where Bond is required to wear a beard. They're clearly forgetting DIE ANOTHER DAY (we should be so jealous).

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/3896858/Herbied-go-bananas.html

But that's not the most bizarre thing about this article (I'll let you find that one out for yourselves.
    I think they mean required to GROW a beard. In DAD, it was just a fake beard and make up.
    Maybe the VW Beetle article needs it's own thread rather than being part of the beard one?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    the beard one?
    The now world famous beard thread... :-))
    the beard one?
    The now world famous beard thread... :-))
    Yes indeed. It's unbelievable how much of a stir this thread has created really.
  • Worth mentioning I am still in the process of growing some more facial hair, about three quarters of the way there now, when I get to the full stage I will alert the worlds media

Unless I happen to shave it off in the meantime, gets a bit itchy sometimes etc, and my wife doesn't approve also, may well be clean and dandy by Halloween or just after
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited October 2011 Posts: 15,690
    I am also trying to grow some facial hair as well... Have been shaving on a daily basis for several weeks now... Still got some way to go, if I let it grow for 3 days it is quite unsatisfactory... I feel jealous of fellow 20 years old that can have nice beards while mine still is too small...
  • I am also trying to grow some facial hair as well... Have been shaving on a daily basis for several weeks now... Still got some way to go, if I let it grow for 3 days it is quite unsatisfactory... I feel jealous of fellow 20 years old that can have nice beards while mine still is too small...

The thing is, older types like me, enjoy sprouting extra hair in new and exciting places; ears, toes, gentlemen area beard and wrap and nostrils. I have a desperate dan beard, give me 24 hrs and my beard won't let you down.
    forgetmyusername... you are digusting... :-))
  • interestingly the other big film and would be James Bond is doing the same thing in his movie - quite shocking really - why is the world going beardy weirdy?:

http://www.idontlikeyouinthatway.com/pictures/20111027/Henry Cavill Man Of Steel/FNP_BFO_0101518-banner.html
    I am always amazed how all the men wear beards at the Emmy's/Golden Globes...
    forgetmyusername... you are digusting... :-))
    he isnt being disgusting he is telling you your future or great fortune.....

i just heard that the beard is a feline style tracking device...rub up against object with it...and you take track it anywhere it goes...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited October 2011 Posts: 28,694
    First it was his blonde hair in CR, now everyone is smashing Dan having a beard. Wow. It isn't movie ratings or box-office intake that is tearing the Bond films apart, but hair... #-O
    We're all hair freaks, clearly.
  • We're all hair freaks, clearly.
    Yes it is getting edgy, nervous and of course....hairy.