Daniel Craig to be James Beard

Comments

• QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    It will be cool and he'll only have it for a small part of the film anyway.
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    edited October 2011 Posts: 543
    I am also trying to grow some facial hair as well... Have been shaving on a daily basis for several weeks now... Still got some way to go, if I let it grow for 3 days it is quite unsatisfactory... I feel jealous of fellow 20 years old that can have nice beards while mine still is too small...
    Well at least this beard thing has influenced some of you guys to grow some of your own. :p
    I don't see a problem at all. So the man has a beard. Some women (as my cousin tells me when she shacks up with someone) find beards to make men more attractive than clean-shaven.
    I can agree with this. I do like beard on men as long as it's well groomed, and I thought Craig looked great in his at the Tintin premiere.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    We're all hair freaks, clearly.
    Yes it is getting edgy, nervous and of course....hairy.
    Very punny. Very, very punny.
  • tqbtqb
    I am also trying to grow some facial hair as well... Have been shaving on a daily basis for several weeks now... Still got some way to go, if I let it grow for 3 days it is quite unsatisfactory... I feel jealous of fellow 20 years old that can have nice beards while mine still is too small...
    Trust me, it gets old real fast having to shave every day.
  • Shaving irritates the skin too, if I go say, two or three days and there's some progress, I either take it all off or just let it grow for another week or so before I get to the stage I'm at now, I think when they disclose this new Bond title, that could well be the time for a clean face, until then I'm kind of content to let it develop some more, if I run my palms over my face now it feels rough as hell but there's worse things to live with
  • We're all hair freaks, clearly.
    Yes it is getting edgy, nervous and of course....hairy.
    Very punny. Very, very punny.
    Yeah, that's my current pun

but it isn't really.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Y'know, why I have a feeling we'll do all this bitching about his beard for this last year before the movie comes out, then it'll come out and we'll practically wet ourselves because we'll be talking about how cool he looks with a beard.
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 3,494

The thing is, older types like me, enjoy sprouting extra hair in new and exciting places; ears, toes, gentlemen area beard and wrap and nostrils. I have a desperate dan beard, give me 24 hrs and my beard won't let you down.
    Ha, I hear you about the toes and am dreading someone ever telling me about ears. Beard? S**t, I get 5 o'clock shadow by noon :-S

Well, we've gone from blond hair to beard. Whatever. This is no big deal like Bond changing skin color or ethnicity. Brosnan opened the beard door so let's not throw ourselves off of a bridge over something like this. If the script calls for it and there is a good reason such as there was for Brosnan, that's good enough for me.

I understand loving Bond and not wanting change, but some of us need to be a little more open minded and patient.
    Can we maybe scale back on the bad language, please? Not only is it completely unnecessary, it's also a sign of a poor vocabulary.
  • Oh poop :-D
    Can we maybe scale back on the bad language, please? Not only is it completely unnecessary, it's also a sign of a poor vocabulary.
    Hey, I have a terrific vocabulary, I just swear because it's ingrained in my genes. People need to accept that swearing is a natural part of human languages.
    I understand loving Bond and not wanting change, but some of us need to be a little more open minded and patient.
    See, this guy... he knows things. He knows that we all just need to shut up and see how good the movie is before we start complaining about the beard.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I don't mind some swearing in my personal day to day life, but I do not like reading it - and I thought there was a "no swearing" rule on this forum; isn't there? Someone else was corrected about this awhile ago ... hope I don't seem like an old stick-in-the-mud but I do not appreciate typos that look like swearing.
  • People need to appreciate it's only human nature (for some, in any event) to utter one or two profanities when things go awry or things get heated etc, had to refrain myself on one or two occasions, some people have an intransigent demeanor to act or appear in such a way in any walk of life, whether people like it or otherwise. Sometimes you can kind of understand peoples frustrations

Oh and I'm shaving off my beard, not waiting until Bond titles or Halloween, got the hot water, razors etc, and It's all coming off right about now, just getting too uncomfortable.

What Craig does in the next picture is up to him but I'm going back to clean and dandy

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited October 2011 Posts: 13,350
    I thought there was a "no swearing" rule on this forum; isn't there?
    Yes, you're correct. A swear filter is planned to be included in the next update, whenever that may be...
  • Any request to stop swearing reminds me of this:

(Language warning) ;-)
    Yes, you're correct. A swear filter is planned to be included in the next update, whenever that may be...
    There, y'see, let's push for that. That way, the people who want to swear can, and nobody has to see it.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited October 2011 Posts: 13,350
    There, y'see, let's push for that. That way, the people who want to swear can, and nobody has to see it.
    No, what it means is swear words if typed do not appear on the forum and any attempt to bypass the filter will get you in trouble with the mods.
  • I try to adhere to any forum regulations but sometimes it can be hard to keep one's composure, not on regards to here really, but I was on another forum earlier and encountered 'some difficulties', I could feel the blood rising etc

No such issues with M16 as things are kept free and there's a phlegmatic approach, i.e. we don't really have the need for profanities

I did think this was about Bond beards though :-?? , we seem to have gone down a different avenue
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Just use a replacement word instead, i.e. 'beard'.

Example: "I don't give a beard if Craig has facial hair or not."
  • I like this idea so if I said I could sit on my chin, would i be a beardsitter?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    About Dan's beard or not to beard: I don't give a stubble anymore. ;-)
    No, what it means is swear words if typed do not appear on the forum and any attempt to bypass the filter will get you in trouble with the mods.
    Yes, that's my point. You could swear all you please, but since everyone here seems to believe this is a family establishment, the swear words wouldn't appear, and thus wouldn't offend anyone.
    edited October 2011 Posts: 7,854
    About Dan's beard or not to beard: I don't give a stubble anymore. ;-)
    Oh, you people shave the fuzz out of me...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Bond 23 will be as sharp as a razor anyway, gillette it go!
    Bond 23 will be as sharp as a razor anyway, gillette it go!
    I swear I'm gonna beat the Shick out of all of you if we keep this up.
    Long story short ; I don't give a shartner if Bond has a beard or not. As long as the movie's good.
  • edited October 2011 Posts: 5,745
    I just hope his beard proglides something to the story. #punny

Photobucket

Took it to the next level.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Loool excellent
  • It's funny how a beard can age people by nearly 5-10 years
  • he's never been a pretty boy - just a big chunk of british beef - he looks horrible with a beard, it looks sh..........ameful.