Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

Dr Who and The Voice! Yes i am Mr Saturday Night! ;)
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    I'm finally had time to seat and watch "Sherlock".
    Lovejoy :!!
  • Those who kill
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Hawaii Five-0
    I just watched the finale of THE FOLLOWING. Anyone else catch that?
    Trying not to spoil it for anyone who may not have seen it, I will say: I never saw that coming.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I'm finally had time to seat and watch "Sherlock".

And how do you like it?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Doctor Who: Silver Nemesis

My favourite Doctor and my favourite DW baddie. B-) It's not quite my favourite McCoy story (though to be honest, I like all 12 in their own way), but it is up there.
    BALLYKISSANGEL the first three seasons are some of the best telly ever produced, funny and human drama in rural Ireland. And watching it again makes me love Assumpta Fitzgerald all over again.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Oliver Stone's Secret History of America

I'm sure this will have Republican's and Conservatives foaming at the mouth but being neither either of those I have found this one of the most fascinating and at times utterly horrifying series I've seen in long time.

I'm sure much of this is nothing new to some and some will say Stone is biased but he seems to show a quite balanced view of things and just presents the facts. Starting with America's involvement in World War 2 with a 10 part series on Sky Atlantic here in the UK. This weeks ep 8 saw him tackling the Reagan administration and next week it's Bush Snr in the penultimate installment.
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Mad Dogs Different to the first two seasons and actually had a few surprises. Jamie Winstone reminded me of her dad (Ray).

I'm really looking forward to next week (seeing how they've all coped after however long it's jumped forward).

Everybody is as brilliant as ever and the chemistry Simm and Glenister had in Life On Mars is still there. Marc Warren especially deserves a mention as I really felt sorry for his character at the end.

I did worry that they might be dragging things about a bit after the ending of the second series ("uh oh, we're STILL not in Barcelona") but they've taken it in a completely different direction to the last two series.

It's still as funny, suspenseful and brilliant as ever and I can't wait for the next episode.
    DEEP SPACE NINE season 1
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    French drama The Returned started in the UK on Sunday and looks excellent.

The Fall with Gillian Anderson ended last night. Grim, ponderous but worthwhile. And the actor Jamie Dornan - tall, handsome, muscular...hmm, who could he play?
  • edited June 2013 Posts: 11,189
    Dates,

Started on Channel 4 last night and continues throughout the rest of this week. Rather enjoyed it - especially Oona Chaplin's performance. That and she looked stunning ;)
  • hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
    Sky Sports News 405 I was just checking seeing what is going on in the sports world.
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Mad Dogs This series started off strongly but I think the quality's gone down a bit.

The finale was decent but nothing special (the whole dwarf zombie "someone will die" thing was a massive cop out and Raymondo's daughter turning up again at the end was too convenient for my liking).

Good show but I think it's best days are well and truly behind it. Still good though and I'm looking forward to seeing how they end it next year.

Doctor Who Curse Of Frenric. Sylvester McCoy was great and it was darker, creepier and less naff than I thought it'd be. I was also surprised at how Ace was actually a proper character, I'd sort of assumed all the companions back then were only there to look fit and to scream when the monsters turned up.

Predicted the reveal at the end but I really enjoyed it.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm currently over halfway through the first season of 'Arrested Development.' Never saw a glimpse of this show - only heard about the huge fan base - until this summer, and I love it. Excellent show, can't wait to get through more of it.
    I just discovered "Chuck" (I'm about 1/2 way through season 2, so don't spoil anything for me) and I'm totally hooked. I can't believe I missed this one when it was airing!

I don't watch TV, so it's not surprising that I didn't know of Chuck before now, but it makes me wonder, what other spy/espionage shows are out there - both new and old - that I've missed.

Can anyone recommend any Bond type shows to check out? Either old or new, comic or drama. (The only one I can think of is "Mission Impossible" show from the 60's. Is that worth watching?)
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited July 2013 Posts: 17,687
    Burn Notice is very good. Nikita was good last time I saw it...
    The old Mission Impossible is a fun show, just a little hokey at times IMO.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited July 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Plus Alias and Remington Steele. There are a great number out there.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Plus Alias and Remington Steele. There are a great number out there.
    *slaps self* How could I forget those?
    Luther

Still a brilliant show. The story arc this series isn't that original, whole "reckless cop is investigated by hateable jobsworth who wants to take him down" scenario has been done to death (recent examples include Ashes To Ashes and the Sweeney reboot), but it's interesting enough and it's done well.

It also makes sense that there'd be consequences for Luther, given the massive body count the show has racked up.

Oh, and Idris Elba is a total badass that's become one of my favourite actors. My dream James Bond, right there.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Falling Skies

Love this show probably in my top three favorite sci-fi drama shows, next to Battlestar Galactica (reimaging) and The Walking Dead.
    I'm currently working my way through The Wire (for the umpteenth time) and it dawns on me, what is it we love about bad guys? Two of my favourite characters in the show are Omar and Stringer, and along with Tony Soprano, what is it that attracts us as an audience to characters of a more sociopathic nature?

Its a question you could also include Bond in, given that he is teetering on the brink of sociopathology. Irrespective of what cause he is fighting for, it still requires a certain "personality" shall we say to be able to murder in cold blood (it's his conscience and morals that separates him from the antagonists).

Just thought I'd throw the question out there.
  • edited July 2013 Posts: 11,189
    Started watching Californication on Netflix. So far very funny but sooo unlikely :))
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Started watching Californication on Netflix. So far very funny but sooo unlikely :))
    Yep, I love this show. I missed most of the first season, though. So there's a good reason to re-watch it from the very start!

*Season Four spoiler*:
    Checkout Hank's daughter Becca's on-screen band 'Queens of Dogtown' on Youtube, they do a great cover of Alice in Chains 'Would'.
    Stargate SG-1 own first 7 seasons though never seen season 8 or 9 till recently as rerunning on tv. Miss the legend that is Jack O'neal he made that show.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Sherlock (both seasons)

sherlockcumberbatchlead.jpg

I'd heard so much good stuff about these 6 'movies', I just had to give it a try. And man, I was hooked from the first second. Cumberbatch and Freeman are splendid, the screenwriting is superb, the locations and production designs a feast for the eye. Robert Downey who?

The Great Game and A Study in Pink are my two favourite episodes, although the latter closes on a bit of an iffy ending IMO. Nevertheless, people should watch this highly entertaining series and I for one can't wait till season 3. Brilliant!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Almost through my entire re-watch of 'Nip/Tuck,' nearing the end of season five now.
    Finally got around to watch the 1979 mini series of Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy with Alec Guinness. Having read the book years ago, and seen the 2011 film, I was quite eager to see if the series was as good as I've heard, and I really liked it! Brilliant acting by Guinness in particular.

Haven't read Smileys People, so I'm not sure if I should read the book before watching the series.