Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

• Life on Mars (UK)
    - Just finished re-watching this brilliant 'cop show' about Sam Tyler, a modern-day, 2006 cop who is hit by a speeding car, and re-awakens in 1973.

I remember the series been brilliant, but after watching both series' right up to the end has shown me that they're perfect; easily the best TV series that I have ever, and perhaps ever will see. Also the first TV series that I have given a pefect, and well-deserving 10/10.

Everything in it from the writing, to directing, to acting, to music is fantastic! And you actually feel like the year is 1973, and that you're there with them. The characters are all superbly well-written and performed; Sam Tyler and Gene Hunt are probably one of the best pairings ever created.

The show is pure brilliance.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Covert Affairs

annie-walker-covert-affairs.jpg
    "I swear to god, if you mention Sydney Bristow one more time, I will use these to gouge out your eyes."

Series 1
    Episodes:

Fool In The Rain
    I Can't Quit You Baby
    When The Levee Breaks

Comparisons to Alias are unavoidable. But I think this show has a more espionage feel, compared to Alias' more outlandish tone. And I love the retro <a href=" titles</a>, theme and all. B-)

However, I do have 2 small niggles. 1) some of the CGI needs a bit of tweaking and 2) I know language is Annie's expertise, but I think she needs one really good fight to show how she can use her basic CQC skills to her advantage. Other than those, I think I will be sticking with this show. :)

Oh, just you wait @MajorDSmythe. Annie will have a lot on her hands, and how freaking awesome is Auggie?!
    I really don't like the USA channel... imo 'Burn Notice' looks much too cheap, and is much too campy to enjoy, I quit after season 1.

I love Burn Notice, and USA. Great shows past and present. My favorite television network.
    Life on Mars (UK)
    - Just finished re-watching this brilliant 'cop show' about Sam Tyler, a modern-day, 2006 cop who is hit by a speeding car, and re-awakens in 1973.

I remember the series been brilliant, but after watching both series' right up to the end has shown me that they're perfect; easily the best TV series that I have ever, and perhaps ever will see. Also the first TV series that I have given a pefect, and well-deserving 10/10.

Everything in it from the writing, to directing, to acting, to music is fantastic! And you actually feel like the year is 1973, and that you're there with them. The characters are all superbly well-written and performed; Sam Tyler and Gene Hunt are probably one of the best pairings ever created.

Completely agree. Definetly one of the greatest TV shows of all time. And the American remake is one of the worst :))
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited June 2012 Posts: 13,894
    Covert Affairs

"I swear to god, if you mention Sydney Bristow one more time, I will use these to gouge out your eyes."

Series 1
    Episodes:

Fool In The Rain
    I Can't Quit You Baby
    When The Levee Breaks

Comparisons to Alias are unavoidable. But I think this show has a more espionage feel, compared to Alias' more outlandish tone. And I love the retro <a href=" titles</a>, theme and all. B-)

However, I do have 2 small niggles. 1) some of the CGI needs a bit of tweaking and 2) I know language is Annie's expertise, but I think she needs one really good fight to show how she can use her basic CQC skills to her advantage. Other than those, I think I will be sticking with this show. :)

Oh, just you wait @MajorDSmythe. Annie will have a lot on her hands, and how freaking awesome is Auggie?!

Auggie is cool, especially how he handled those two goons on the train. B-)

I should add that i've become smitten with Annie.
    Its about to be "The Graham Norton" Show on the Iplayer! :D
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Covert Affairs

Series 1
    Episodes:

Fool In The Rain
    I Can't Quit You Baby
    When The Levee Breaks

Auggie is cool, especially how he handled those two goons on the train. B-)

I should add that i've become smitten with Annie.

Wait until you see the Auggie-centric episode "Half a World Away" in season 2. Mind blowing episode where Auggie just goest to town. I said "THAT'S MY BOYYYYY" all episode long.
  • Life on Mars (UK)

Completely agree. Definetly one of the greatest TV shows of all time. And the American remake is one of the worst :))

Aha, yeah. I refuse to see the American version; i couldn't bare the ridiculous Trailer. And most, if not all, of their BBC 'remakes', and no offence, usually don't turn out well...
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Doctor Who: The Tomb Of The Cybermen

_41631808_wheel1_416bbc.jpg

I had an urge to watch some Troughton era Who. :-B There's a nice moment between the Doctor and Victoria...

For some reason, I've never really been able to get that much into the Troughton era. It features some good, solid plotting and great monsters unquestionably, but his incarnation has never really pushed my buttons. Too often his personality makes him come off as an ageing Blue Peter presenter playing The Doctor. Or something.

But Wendy Padbury's certainly a nice distraction - although eye-candy-wise, it was really all about Deborah Watling in that era... :P
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited June 2012 Posts: 13,894
    Well, The Mind Robber had that shot of Zoe. ;)

I love me some Troughton. Second (eh eh see that ) only to McCoy, imo.
    Just started to watch SPOOKS again from series 1 on BT VISION, now that would be a job most of us would love to do
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Well, The Mind Robber had that shot of Zoe. ;)

Oh yes, as it's a slow Sunday arvo, let's relive that little delight, shall we...?

The%20Mind%20Robber%201.jpg

Ah, that's better. ;)
    largo2 wrote:
    Just started to watch SPOOKS again from series 1 on BT VISION, now that would be a job most of us would love to do

I used to watch Spooks on and off, until I found out it was David Cameron's favourite programme and Theresa May liked it too. Strangely seem to have gone off it completely now... :p

• edited June 2012 Posts: 1,497
    I've been watching Twin Peaks by David Lynch and I'm completely hooked. Damn near watched the entire series in one day!

If anyone has seen it, they make a Bond reference. "You were shot by a Walther PPK. That's James Bond's gun!"
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I've really been interested to go back and re-watch 'Lost' lately, but I just never find the proper time to sit down and do so. Anybody have some recommendable 'Netflix Play Now' television shows I should get into?

I've downloaded a good bit of the second season of 'The Walking Dead,' which is enjoyable thus far, and I really, really want to see season six of 'Dexter,' but as luck has it, it's hard to find.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I've really been interested to go back and re-watch 'Lost' lately, but I just never find the proper time to sit down and do so. Anybody have some recommendable 'Netflix Play Now' television shows I should get into?

I've downloaded a good bit of the second season of 'The Walking Dead,' which is enjoyable thus far, and I really, really want to see season six of 'Dexter,' but as luck has it, it's hard to find.

finding the walking a slow buner but looking forward to the rest of the season 2
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    My 3 Sons

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I grew up watching My 3 Sons. Not my very favorite but I enjoyed it.

RIP dear Don Grady.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited July 2012 Posts: 11,139
    Revenge. I thought this was going to be some crappy show but damn, I ended up watching the whole of season 1 in 2 days.

Suits. This show is just so cool and awesome. Gabriel Macht as Harvey Specter could potentially be dominating the Emmys.
    Lewis Series 6 Episode 3, a somewhat lesser episode of this brilliant British series, and for the anti-PC brigade the adjudant does smoke his cigarettes and not a big deal is made of it.
    One more episode to go this season.

And in the autumn/winter we get 4 more tv-movies of "Endevaour" the tales of a Young Morse in Oxford. The pilot was bloody brilliant. And next year we get the last series of Lewis. :((
    In honor of his passing, I watched The Andy Griffith Show: Opie's First Love

Funny watching this that sweet-faced little Mary Alice would grow up to be the gorgeous but psychotic villainess Katharine Wentworth on TV's Dallas who shot Bobby Ewing:

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited July 2012 Posts: 23,547
    I finally finished season 3 of Star Trek: TOS.

startrek.jpg

It was quite the enterprise I must admit. But, I had great fun with this one as well, even if I hear some negative words about season 3 floating on the Internet. Not from me though; I give it some thumbs up.
    I watched A Study In Pink, the series 1 opener of BBC's masterpiece, Sherlock. What a great adaption and gift to uber fans like me of the world's greatest, and only consulting detective. It was as wonderful as I remembered, and Benedict Cumberbatch was made for this role. Not only does he have the Sherlockian elongated features, but he is the best in the role since the equally wonderful Jeremy Brett. And Benedict, alongside Martin Freeman have the best Sherlock/Watson chemistry on camera that I have ever seen, and that is cemented in the events of series 2. It is The Blind Banker next. :D
    Episode 2 of Sherlock series 1, The Blind Banker. Probably my least favorite of the 6, but great nonetheless. It is up against mind blowing competition after all. Benedict and Martin are on fire, and the mystery surrounding a bank break in and various connected deaths is an interesting one. The Great Game next!
    The series ended of Sherlock, "The Great Game". A wonderful finisher, great performances by all, and a suspenseful mystery that comes with two strands of cases going on old noir style. Can't wait to rewatch the second series!
    Starting season six of 'Dexter' tonight. Watched the season premiere of it when they debuted it on Youtube the day after its release, but I never had the chance to catch up with it until now. Looking forward to it; all of the promotional material for season seven of the show got me back into the mood, so it should be an entertaining night.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    edited July 2012 Posts: 784
    Just rewatched Bleach (first chapter) and finished the Soul Society incident. Such a great anime!!

I'm rewatching my favorite TV show of all times: The Sopranos. Just've completed Season Two and moving along.
    Wallander starring Kenneth Branagh. Fantastic criminal drama. Well worth a watch!
    edited July 2012 Posts: 40,473
    I've been rewatching the miniseries 'Harper's Island' for the second time now. Very enjoyable thrill ride, this one. I haven't seen it in a few years, and sadly, all I can remember is how it ends. But, the entirety of the events leading up to it remain a mystery to me, so I'm really enjoying myself yet again. If you enjoy a great 'whodunit' mystery, give this one a watch. It's currently on Netflix Play Now, to those who have it.

Here are the 2012 Emmy nominations:
    http://www.slashfilm.com/2012-emmy-nominations-announced/
    Gilligan's Island: The 2nd Ginger Grant

One of the best episodes of the goofy comedy series by far. Mary Ann falls and hurts her head resulting in her getting amnesia and thinking she's Ginger. To help her recover, Ginger pretends to be Mary Ann.

It must've been a fun episode for Dawn Wells and Tina Louise to get to play each other's roles. I think it provides a great answer to the "Mary Ann or Ginger?" question.

gg5.JPG

gg7.JPG

The answer is: Mary Ann dressing and acting like Ginger!
    Doctor Who: The Greatest Show In The Galaxy

greatestshow_610.jpg

The Doctor & Ace visit the Psychic Circus, but all is not what it seems. The weak cliffhangers aside, this is an enjoyable story with The Doctor performing for the Gods of Ragnorok, a scene only The 7th Doctor could carry off, being the highlight of the story. The release of this story on DVD now completes the McCoy era. If I had to rate the 12 stories:

1. The Curse Of Fenric
    2. Ghoslight
    3. Rememberance Of The Daleks
    4. Survival
    5. Battlefield
    6. Silver Nemesis
    7. Time And The Rani
    8. Dragonfire
    9. The Happines Patrol
    10. The Greatest Show In The Galaxy
    11. Paradise Towers
    12. Delta And The Bannerman

I feel the need to state that I love all 12 stories and though some are better than others, there isn't one that I flat out dislike. McCoy is always a joy to watch, whether it's the metaphor mixing Doctor of series 24 or the deceptive and machiavellian Doctor of series 26.