Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

2nd to last episode of walking dead series 2 complete - can someone please explain
    why Shane turned into a walker as it is doing my head in
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Eureka
    Series 3.0
    Episodes:

Bad To The Drone
    Series 3 gets underway when Martha, a target drone, disables her security measures and goes on a rampage across Eureka, learning and adating all the time.

What About Bob?
    In order to find a missing scientist, Jack & Allison must venture down in lab 27, a 12,000 acre self contained biosphere beneath Global Dynamics.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    The Millionaire on ME-TV. I don't remember ever having seen this show before but it's surprisngly good. It's an anthology series where different people get $1,000,000 tax-free each episode. Then, it follows the adventures of what they do with it.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Elementary

I'm really enjoying this version of Sherlock Holmes. A modern day Sherlock, in New York City I think. Sherlock (Johnny Lee Miller) is a tattooed recovering drug addict and Watson (Lucy Liu) is the doctor helping him with his addiction.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Elementary

I'm really enjoying this version of Sherlock Holmes. A modern day Sherlock, in New York City I think. Sherlock (Johnny Lee Miller) is a tattooed recovering drug addict and Watson (Lucy Liu) is the doctor helping him with his addiction.

I fear that I will snap if I give this a watch. All it drains down to is CBS mooching off of BBC's cash cow. AND I SWEAR: IF SHERLOCK AND WATSON EVER HAVE A SEX SCENE, I WON'T BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR MY ACTIONS.
    Elementary

While it is no SHerlock it has its entertainment value I say after having watched the frst two episodes.

Homeland Season 2 Episode 1. Its just as gripping as the first season. Brilliant indepth, complicated charactors played by talented actors! Looking forward to the next epsiode. =D>
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    edited October 2012 Posts: 1,812
    Elementary

I fear that I will snap if I give this a watch. All it drains down to is CBS mooching off of BBC's cash cow. AND I SWEAR: IF SHERLOCK AND WATSON EVER HAVE A SEX SCENE, I WON'T BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR MY ACTIONS.

Let me put your fears to a rest. The creators of Elementary have already said that Sherlock and Watson will never have a romantic/sexual relationship.
  • edited October 2012 Posts: 12,837
    Friday Night Dinner

Channel 4 does it again. 1st series was ok but this one so far has been hilarious. The 2nd episode that was on last night had more laugh out loud moments than any show in ages.

Channel 4 really are good at comedies, unlike BBC 3. Cuckoo Just isn't funny. Shame, because Greg Davies (aka Gilbert of Inbetweeners) is in it (along with some guy who used to be on Saturday Night Live, so he's famous in America), and it has potential.

BBC 3 might be hit and miss with comedies, but most of the stuff on there that is funny comes from America. Like Family Guy, American Dad, and now Wilfred. Second series of this, just as good as the first one. It's dark but funny, and I think it beats the Australian version.

South Park is back. 2 great episodes the other night. One that sort of spoofs TDKR and another where Cartman gets a mobility scooter (it also has James Cameron trying to "raise the bar", which was a funny side story).

And now thanks to that episode I have this stuck in my head.

• The Thick of It

The best programme on TV. Series 4 and still as great as always. For those who don't know, it is a take on the cynical workings of a modern government department obsessed with spin and PR in the UK. One-liners are immense and the insults memorable, poisonous and very funny
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Bag Of Bones

I wanted to see this becuase Melissa George is one of my favourite actresses, but I was surprised by how good Brosnan was (and I do mean that). Whether it was the material, or maybe Brosnan is a good actor and i've just happened to see the wrong films of his, but I thought he was very good in this.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    My best mate showed me two episodes of Elementary yesterday and...

I really like it... :-\"
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Way To Go Watched it because Neil of The Inbetweeners was in it. BBC 3 have had a few good shows in the past but for every Gavin and Stacey or Him and Her, there's a 2 Pints, a Grown Ups, a Pramface, a Cuckoo, a Bad Education and a Way To Go.

BBC 3 have really gone overboard with the new comedies for this whole feed my funny campaign and the only one I think was actually funny was Him and Her, which wasn't even new. Most of the new shows are pretty awful and won't get a 2nd series

Misfits I was so behind on this but I finally caught up with it. This season is good but is easily the weakest and it's sort of depressing how not one of the original cast members are left. Rudy is brilliant though so it's alright.

Doctor Who Christmas Special It's been sitting on the skybox for ages. I didn't watch part 1of the 7th series because I lost intrest during series 6 (aka the River Song and stupid confusing plot points show).

But all the 50th talk got me intrested in the series again so I taped this and watched it. I thought it was great. Snowmen coming to life is a bit ridiculous but the lesbian detectives and Strax alone make up for it. Smith is great, the new companion is great, the new TARDIS is great, the Sherlock Holmes references were great (since Moffat is obviously a fan of Sherlock Holmes I did wonder if they'd get a reference or two in), the comedy was great but never too cheesey (something the show has been guilty of before), almost everything about this was great. Except the plot.

Best bit was when he put the bow tie back on and properly cracked a smile for the first time in the episode. The bow ties are cool gag is still funny.
  • @Brady Do you reckon it's as good as Sherlock?
    @Brady Do you reckon it's as good as Sherlock?

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell no. But my mate put it best:

"It isn't Sherlock (BBC), but it isn't trying to be."

That's the best way it could ever be put. It is a good show that is actually its own creation and not another version of the same, and for that I respect the writers. I was laughing with great cheer at some of the winks to Doyle's life and the Holmes stories themselves, so at least the show is in the hands of fans. It is much better than I could have ever expected, and it is a pleasant surprise.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Hmm, might have to give it a watch at some point.

The Walking Dead Season 3 is Easily the best season so far. Faster pace, better characters and David Morrisey (one of my favourite actors) is fantastic as The Governor.
  • Death In Paradise

Pretty entertaining cop show even though it's nothing really special. Ben Miller is great in it.
    Big bang theory, only recently have i started watching this show regularly. I am a sci fi fan so i appreciate the numerous references, think its a genuinely funny show.
    Old skool TMNT......lol at the guy who wanted to build appartments in the sewer , cuz many people would love to live there ;)

Bravestarr ("Fallen Hero" reminded me of Benoit and that celebs are flawed too)
    Also been watching some Elementary...the first two episodes and currently watching third episode. I actually like it. It's good on it's own merit and Johnny Lee Miller makes an entertaining Sherlock and while Lucy Liu isn't exactly Watson, were not being force fed any romance between the two.

The stories so far have been good.
    Through the Wormhole- Season 1

Very interesting documentary about physics, the Universe and other important scientific and philosophical questions. It's well made and sustained, not like the pseudo-scientific garbage of History Channel.
    And it's hosted by non other than Lucius Fox!
    My best mate showed me more Elementary today (he's going back tomorrow for college after a long vacation) and I must say, folks: This is a hell of a series. I love the winks to Sherlock lore and the cases are very clever and get your mind going. They aren't as out there as some Conan Doyle cases can be either, and instead you have some police procedural type cases that are much more grounded in reality, like Sherlock BBC is. I like that aspect, and it lets you sort of play the guessing game with the show to figure out the suspect. Good show, and I will try to see more.

To anyone who has seen at least the first 5 episodes, I have a Moriarty theory I would love to share.
    Working my way through Breaking Bad at the moment after a friend showed it to me. Really good show. Season 2 is slower than Season 1 but I've been told it picks up in Season 3
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    edited February 2013 Posts: 543

The movie version was on the other night, but refused to watch it as I hadn't finished the tv series. Granted the tv series is much better. I really liked the stories, the characters, and the action is really creative and incredible. Probably the best show that Nickelodeon had to offer. Just finished season 2 and can't wait to what season 3 has to offer.
    Artemis81 wrote:

The movie version was on the other night, but refused to watch it as I hadn't finished the tv series. Granted the tv series is much better. I really liked the stories, the characters, and the action is really creative and incredible. Probably the best show that Nickelodeon had to offer. Just finished season 2 and can't wait to what season 3 has to offer.

I miss Airbender. A unique show with the quality of the 90s that we haven't seen much of in the 2000s.
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 12,837
    Doctor Who

Nice emotional exit for Rory and Amy and I enjoyed the 30s setting. The idea of the "farm" was creepy and the angels were great as always. A few small problems I had though.

1) The Statue Of Liberty couldn't be an angel. It's not made of stone and there's bound to be somebody looking at it at some point, even if it managed to move once, that would just draw even more attention to it.

2) They sort of forgot about the rule where if you look an angel in the eye you start to think you're becoming one. Sure The Doctor, Amy and River already knew that but has Rory ever met them before? They could've at least mentioned it anyway.

3) They forgot about Brian. If The Doctor had time to visit a young Amy before going off to sulk in Victorian London then surely he could've nipped over to 2012 just to say sorry to Brian. He did promise him just one episode before that he'd protect them after all.
  • Speaking of TV shows, can anyone recommed a good series in the Bond/spy/thriller genre? I see Netflix carries a BBC series called "MI-5". I'm thinking of checking it out. Anyone know if it's any good?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    0013 wrote:
    Through the Wormhole- Season 1

Very interesting documentary about physics, the Universe and other important scientific and philosophical questions. It's well made and sustained, not like the pseudo-scientific garbage of History Channel.
    And it's hosted by non other than Lucius Fox!

Great and interesting series, this. I'm currently watching Season 2 as well. Love it!

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited February 2013 Posts: 13,350
    Doctor Who

Nice emotional exit for Rory and Amy and I enjoyed the 30s setting. The idea of the "farm" was creepy and the angels were great as always. A few small problems I had though.

1) The Statue Of Liberty couldn't be an angel. It's not made of stone and there's bound to be somebody looking at it at some point, even if it managed to move once, that would just draw even more attention to it.

2) They sort of forgot about the rule where if you look an angel in the eye you start to think you're becoming one. Sure The Doctor, Amy and River already knew that but has Rory ever met them before? They could've at least mentioned it anyway.

3) They forgot about Brian. If The Doctor had time to visit a young Amy before going off to sulk in Victorian London then surely he could've nipped over to 2012 just to say sorry to Brian. He did promise him just one episode before that he'd protect them after all.

This is an extra unfilmed scene called P.S. It tells you what happened to Brian:

Now watch The Snowmen and you're set for the 30th March. It's a new beginning!
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 12,837
    They really should've filmed that.

I've already seen the Snowmen. Wasn't crazy about the plot but loved Strax, the alien detective and her wife, the Sherlock Holmes references and Clara.

Really looking forward to the next part of the series. It feels like a 4th reboot in a way.

You've got the oldies, then the TV movie which feels pretty different (more American) and is sort of a reboot. Then there's the 2005 revival which carries on into Tennants era, then when they switched showrunners and actors they sort of rebooted it again. Ditched all the recurring secondary characters, got a new TARDIS, started again. And now in 2013 they have a new companion, a new tardis and a new theme song/title sequence again.