Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Also started the first season of 'Ripper Street' and I'm liking what I see. Definitely gave me a big 'Sherlock Holmes' (Ritchie's films) vibe as soon as it started.

I regret not catching that and Copper when they were first starting out. I naturally love Victorian England, so I would have probably liked them.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    'Ripper Street' is great so far, and I also have 'Copper' added on my Netflix Instant.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited October 2013 Posts: 4,043
    mistake

• ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited October 2013 Posts: 4,043
    retrokitty wrote:
    Shardlake wrote:
    Just finished my 2nd run through of Hannibal Season 1, this really was for me the most impressive new show of the year. Watching it again makes you appreciate the level of acting, some of the lesser episodes might slip into the serial killer of the week trap but for the most part this utterly gripping television.,

Dancy makes for the most intensive Will Graham and Mads is so convincing all I see now is not Mikkleson but Hannibal Lecter. In the space of one series he's redefined a role that had been diluted by Hopkins, there will be those who will say Cox is the best but his Lektor just feels every man type whereas as Mads has invested the role with sophistication and an air of menace, he wears those suits to a tee and his reading of Thomas Harris most famous creation is simply magnetic. I love the way food plays such an important part. The ending has taken the franchise is a new direction but Season 2 should be even better. I had my reservations about Fishburne as Jack Crawford but he's the equal of Scott Glenn's in SOTL.

I fail to see where some U.S critics have commented that he needs to work on his diction, he speaks English beautifully, I wonder why the U.S has such a problem with European accents, I even find people complaining about regional accents in this country over the pond, Trainspotting was apparently a problem and I believe I heard the Red Riding Trilogy had issues understanding the Yorkshire accents.

@Shardlake, I came to this thread to say that I'd just finished my first run of Hannibal - all in the past 6 days - and absolutely loved it.

Mads really has done amazingly well with the role and I didn't imagine any other Hannibal after the first episode.

I agree with what you've said entirely and can only add that the costumes and set design also add so much sophistication to the show. That and the way it's filmed make it one of the most visually beautiful shows I've seen in a long time. I was struck yesterday in one of the episodes where Hannibal was at his psychiatrist's office/home that some of the frames were composed so well that they could stand alone as art.

I plan to see the entire season again prior to the second season. And recommend this show to everyone.

Totally agree, watching it a second time you get a chance to notice little moments that weren't so noticeable the first time round. The fact we know who HL is but the characters around him don't but the way he manages to manipulate everyone around him. He's clearly been keeping the authorities off the scent by passing the blame onto to others, something you realise from the final conversation between Hannibal and his psychiatrist (Gillian Anderson).
    The fact that Will know's what the score is going to make for a very different season next year, I know that Dolarhyde is meant to either appear or be eluded to, the very first crime scene that Graham assesses in the pilot is a Tooth Fairy kill.

I never thought I'd be as impressed with this as I was but if any series has the ability to fill the void left by Breaking Bad I think this it. The fact that Fuller has clearly been influenced by David Lynch, only right considering Twin Peaks is rightly the godfather of modern television. I grant the likes of Dexter & C.S.I have had their hand but it seems the cable networks have made the networks realise they have to up their game.

I just hope Hannibal maintains it's quality and Fuller gets to show us his proposed canvas it would be great for MGM to see the light and realise that they should collaborate and allow the use of Clarice Starling, apparently Martha De Laurentiis has already said they aren't budging as yet,( rumours are that they have a Starling series in the pipeline). The intelligent thing to do would be collaborate instead of having 2 shows dealing with the same world.
    They have the rights for Red Dragon and Hannibal the books and Mason and Magot Verger are said to feature in Season 2, the plan is Season 4 to be Red Dragon, to say I'm excited to see what is in store would be an understatement.

If Clarice could appear, Elizabeth Moss for Starling?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I've heard good things about Ripper Street, and I like Matthew MacFadyen (spelling his name wrong?). I hope to see it. It is still a current series, isn't it? I'd love the atmosphere, I'm sure.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Also started the first season of 'Ripper Street' and I'm liking what I see. Definitely gave me a big 'Sherlock Holmes' (Ritchie's films) vibe as soon as it started.

I regret not catching that and Copper when they were first starting out. I naturally love Victorian England, so I would have probably liked them.

Ripper Street is excellent viewing guys! One of my favourite shows out there at the minute. Really pleased that they are currently filming the 3rd season!

Homeland Season 3, Episode 2!
    Still as addictive as ever, still no Brody?! Have to say Danes is absolutley brilliant as Carrie, and how she plays her Bipolar part and what she is put through is simply amazing. Great show!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Homeland, another show I lost out on seeing. Why is there so much great stuff on TV, and so little time to enjoy any of it?!
    Homeland, another show I lost out on seeing. Why is there so much great stuff on TV, and so little time to enjoy any of it?!

It's a fantastic show OBrady! You will have to do a boxset marathon if you ever do get the chance? I know what you mean about alot of great TV shows out there at the minute, and no time to sit and enjoy any of them! :(( :))
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    I have been watching alot of Boy Meets World lately. The complete collection comes out this November and I have already pre-ordered it. This show is a classic from my childhood.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    As much as I would have liked to, I couldn't put it off indefinitely...

Eureka
    Series 5: Just Another Day

Well, here it is, the last ever episode. And I must confess to having a bit of a lump in my throat throughout.

My top 10 episodes (it was hard to narrow them down, but here they are:

10--Pilot (Series 1)
    09--What About Bob? (Series 3)
    08--Family Reunion (Series 2)
    07--Up In The Air (Series 4)
    06--H.O.U.S.E. Rules (Series 1)
    05--Jack Of All Trades (Series 5)
    04--Noche de Sueños (Series 2)
    03--Dr Nobel (Series 1)
    02--Maneater (Series 2)
    01--Games People Play (Series 2)

I have been watching alot of Boy Meets World lately. The complete collection comes out this November and I have already pre-ordered it. This show is a classic from my childhood.

One of my favorites as well, where you learned an important lesson every episode, about life, family, respect, friendship, the whole nine yards. It is a show for me that not only never decreased in quality, but got better as the kids grew before our eyes and we followed them from their high school years to college and beyond. And I still dare anyone to find me a better fictional teacher than Mr. Feeny.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    True, well Girl Meets World will be out soon, with most of the original cast coming back. Cory is now the teacher so that is a nice spin on things...
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Elementary....this is a really good show and a nice take on the Sherlock Holms mythology. I also had no idea that Johnny Lee Miller is Bernerd Lee's grandson.
  • South Park

Black guy in the back! *plane crashes*

Best episode this series. Cartman episodes are always funny and this one was no exception although I'm sure I'd have enjoyed it more if I'd seen World War Z. Cartman shooting Token at the end got a big laugh out of me and the plane crash gag was funny.

I'm sure people will complain about this being offensive but they're missing the point. The show isn't racist, the character of Cartman is, and the show is making fun of people like him.
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    edited October 2013 Posts: 543
    doubleoego wrote:
    Elementary....this is a really good show and a nice take on the Sherlock Holms mythology. I also had no idea that Johnny Lee Miller is Bernerd Lee's grandson.
    I also been watching this show, and I didn't know that either until I looked up his bio. I really enjoy the BBC's Sherlock a lot so I wasn't sure how this show was going to be: a female Watson, Holmes in New York. I actually got a House MD vibe at the beginning, but it has manage to stand on it's own and it's very entertaining. I really love the interactions between Johnny Lee Miller and Lucy Lui. I can't wait for the next episode!
    Just finished the series finale of 'Breaking Bad.' What a fantastic show.
    Was surprised to see that 'The Following' was added to Netflix Instant, as I've been meaning to get around to this, and seeing that I've been on a big TV show watching marathon lately, and I had just finished 'Breaking Bad,' I thought this was a fitting start.

I'm on the second episode now, and I'm liking the ballsiness and intense scenarios proposed so far. It's got some great acting and some very unpredictable twists throughout so far. I suggest it if you had even a slight interest in looking into it.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    I've finished season 1 of 'criminal minds'. really addictive show. now I'm catching up on american horror story (hadn't seen season 2 yet)
  • Misfits

It was much better than series 4 and Rudy is brilliant but I'm really not sure why they didn't just stop after series 3. It was good though, they actually used their powers and it was funny.

At the end, when the woman who could knit the future gave Rudy that jumper, there was a curly haired bloke there with the rest of them. Maybe I'm getting my hopes up but, Nathan?

Fresh Meat

The ending of the episode when JP decided they should all have an orgy was the funniest thing I've seen in ages.
    Ripper Street: Still as gripping and great as ever! Teriffic Monday night drama! :-bd
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Ripper Street: Still as gripping and great as ever! Teriffic Monday night drama! :-bd

I still need to finish the first season of that. Got through the first episode and decided to continue clearing films off of my Netflix Queue, but it's a show I've had my eye on in terms of returning to. Really entertaining and suspenseful.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

I still need to finish the first season of that. Got through the first episode and decided to continue clearing films off of my Netflix Queue, but it's a show I've had my eye on in terms of returning to. Really entertaining and suspenseful.

It is a great watch Creasy47! Let us know how you get on with it once you have watched a few more episodes?
    @RogueAgent, can do! It gave me a bit of 'Sherlock Holmes' feeling when the first episode started out, the undercover cop battling for cash, just like Guy Ritchie's first film. I had no complaint with that, as both his films and this TV show are good. It's nice looking through as the story progresses trying to pick out who else could be in on what's going on and who is at the heart of the murders.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @RogueAgent, can do! It gave me a bit of 'Sherlock Holmes' feeling when the first episode started out, the undercover cop battling for cash, just like Guy Ritchie's first film. I had no complaint with that, as both his films and this TV show are good. It's nice looking through as the story progresses trying to pick out who else could be in on what's going on and who is at the heart of the murders.

Plenty of twists and turns to be enjoyed!

:D
    @RogueAgent, well, I'm a fan of both! Even the acting is great, I was going through IMDB trying to put faces to the names of the main characters in 'Ripper Street,' and the three main actors I knew from other work, which is always nice to find out.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited November 2013 Posts: 13,894
    The Science Of Doctor Who

Thank you, Brian Cox, you've ruined a dream of mine. I was looking forward to leaning how to dance (a miracle in itself), and then time travelling back to the 1930's to dance with Ginger Rogers. But since finding out that I might end up spaghettified through spaghettification, now i'm not so sure. It might be worth it, who knows...
    Just when you thought it couldn't get worse with Skyfall being murdered on The X Factor. We've now had an absolutely appalling rendition of Diamonds Are Forever. %-(
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Another one? Good God, please stop watching this programme @WillyGalore and bringing this awful news to us all.
    I've been getting into 'Weeds.' Yet another show I'll solely watch with my girlfriend, so I have to wait until her and I are together, but I'd say we're over halfway through the first season and it's really entertaining. I'm not sure what's to come, but it's like an R-rated, female-driven version of 'Breaking Bad,' minus the violence.
  • Breaking Bad wasn't R rated? I assumed it was since it's an 18 over here. Quite surprised at that actually. I know there isn't much swearing in it but it was very violent.

South Park

This bit was brilliant