Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

Helix premieres on UK television tonight. Has anybody watched it yet? (those of you in the US). Wondering if it's worth the watch?
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Season 2 of House of Cards done and dusted, another great season but I always knew where this was going, anyone who knows the BBC original will have a good idea. While it has struck out on it's own and bought things up to date it still has parallel's with UK version. That being said Spacey's Francis Underwood is as devious and dangerous as Ian Richardson's Francis Urqhart, if not more so.
    The Avengers season 2 episodes 1-4
    With Cathy Gale & John Steed
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Now that I have finished watching Through The Wormhole Season 3 with Morgan Freeman, another excellent season in this marvellous series, I can start working my way through From The Earth To The Moon. I believe it was @0013 who suggested this series to me and I obeyed. ;-) So far I've only seen the first episode and that certainly was interesting and entertaining.
    You're correct, it was me @DarthDimi. I hope you will enjoy it. First episode it's good but it will get better, I promise.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    After desperately wanting to get around to it, my buddy and I spent our free time outside class and work watching 'Game of Thrones.' Just finished the second season yesterday, and bought the third season because I know it'll be worth it.
    A double whammy for me over the course of this week was:

Superbowl 48 Never thought I would ever get to see my team win the Lombardi trophy! So really enjoyed that! Now if only England can win the World Cup? =))
    For people here in the UK? Just finished watching the latest series of Inspector George Gently. Brilliant as always and Martin Shaw and Lee Ingleby's on screen chemistry is as fantastic as ever! Already looking forward to seeing the next series!!!! :-bd
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited March 2014 Posts: 13,350
    My Dad loved that series @RogueAgent. I was thinking of getting into it, as a way to remember him. I just might, one of these days.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    My Dad loved that series @RogueAgent. I was thinking of getting into it, as a way to remember him. I just might, one of these days.

Fantastic show Samuel! Certainly would recommend it to anyone! Always best to start with the very first season and follow it through. If you do? Let me know what you think?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I will do, you can be certain of that.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Spring Break vacation is in full effect for me, and I finally took the plunge into Netflix after discovering that they accept payment with the particular debit card that I have. I'm starting with the standard free month trial and will keep on with it as I like what I've experienced so far with it. There's tons of great movies and shows that I enjoy on here, especially in the genres I love, like classic film, spy flicks, mysteries and thrillers.

My first order of business, and basically the sole reason I got Netflix in the first place was to finally watch Breaking Bad. Every person and their dog has said this by now, but it is a very good show. Shocking, I know. I really commend the writing here, for the great dialogue, set-ups and characters that come to brilliant life in front of your eyes. The technical side of the series is great too, with brilliant production design, cinematography and location shooting. These kinds of creative enterprises are the ones I love the most, where we are presented with a world of grays. We have characters who do bad things but for the right reasons, making you question your own morals and what is right and wrong at the same time. At the center of it all is a great cast of talented actors, the lead of which is Walter White played brilliantly by Cranston. It's no surprise this show racked up so many Emmy wins during its run. I love everything about the show and must be addicted to it like a meth head (wink wink) because I watched the entire first season yesterday and couldn't pull myself away from it. I'm about to begin season two soon, and am excited to see where this twisty-turny show takes me. I really wish I'd caught it sooner...
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, I'm with you on Spring Break. Rented quite a few films from Redbox, started season two of 'House of Cards' last night, and I plan a rewatch of 'Game of Thrones' before starting my blu-ray copy of Season 3. Enjoy 'Breaking Bad,' I know we all did. It is one fantastic, twist-filled thrill ride.
    Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and The Walking Dead.

I hope they wont kill off Daryll anytime soon...
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 12,837
    SharkBait wrote:
    I hope they wont kill off Daryll anytime soon...

I doubt they will. He's way too popular.
    Managed to finish season two of 'House of Cards' in a day or so. I moved on to my rewatch of 'Game of Thrones,' and if I keep moving at this pace, I'll get to jump into season three, which I've yet to see anything of. I'm on S1E4 now.
    Birdleson wrote:
    The Final episode of TRUE DETECTIVE. Kind of a throw away ending.

I'm spending my whole Spring Break trying to catch up on shows and this is one of them. Hopefully I can finish all of GoT by the time the weekend gets here, and I'll attempt to watch 'True Detective' then.
    That says something, given the quality of shows like 'Game of Thrones,' 'Breaking Bad,' etc.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited March 2014 Posts: 28,694
    Creasy47 wrote:
    That says something, given the quality of shows like 'Game of Thrones,' 'Breaking Bad,' etc.
    Maybe he means the best show on at this current time, instead of all time.

Speaking of Breaking Bad, I wrapped up season two yesterday, and will be heading into #3 very soon. This thing has taken over my life, and I have freaking homework to get done, but I just keep getting picked up on this ride.
  • True Detective -really annoyed me because we know the two main leads aren't coming back.

So big spoiler ahead - the Yellow King reveal:

There are spoiler tags for a reason, please try and use those. I don't even like hearing an alluding of spoilers or endings, so please, use what you're given.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 12,837
    Best show of all time is still probably Life On Mars for me. It's on Netflix now I think, if you never caught it when it was on I'd definitely recommend watching it it now.

I've watched four episodes of Game Of Thrones now because it was meant to be good. I didn't really understand what was going on or who the characters were and to be honest I got a bit bored. My girlfriend didn't like it either. I sort of want to stick with it because it's gotten so much praise but I can't really be arsed, when I think of watching more it feels like a chore.

@Brady The third series is when Breaking Bad starts getting really good imo, enjoy it.
    @Birdleson, thank you for clearing that up. I plan on finishing my rewatch of 'Game of Thrones' season one tonight, and I think I'll start 'True Detective' after that.

@thelivingroyale, stick with it. The same thing happened to me: too many characters, had a hard time following exactly what was happening, etc., but once season two rolls around, you really learn who everyone is, and it makes a rewatch that much better.
    Me and my boy sat and watched series 21 of Top Gear Burma special part one. Still love this show and it now appears to be my little boys favourite show too!!! :-bd
  • 007InVT007InVT Classified
    True Detective is amazing.

Matthew McConaughey is phenomenal. He's putting together a very nice body of work.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I have sporidically watched reruns of Friends and Two and a Half Men lately. Never cared for those during their initial run, but now I find myself enjoying them all of a sudden. Could be that you need to get to know the characters to appreciate the humour.
    Finished S1 of GoT last night and I'm halfway through the second season right now. I've yet to see S3 but I got it for really cheap, but my friend wants me to wait to return to school to watch it. I'm torn.
  • SuperheroSithSuperheroSith SE London
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Finished S1 of GoT last night and I'm halfway through the second season right now. I've yet to see S3 but I got it for really cheap, but my friend wants me to wait to return to school to watch it. I'm torn.
    Wait for your friend. GoT deserves to be watched together.
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Wait for your friend. GoT deserves to be watched together.

I watched every episode of the first two seasons with him, so I'll feel bad if I don't wait to return and watch the third with him, as well, but after the season two finale, I'm very eager to get to the third.
    Breaking Bad continues to take over my life and make me procrastinate on college work to astronomical levels. I finished season three early this morning, and hope to finish the show in its entirety in two days or less so that I can finally find out what this ride unravels towards and I can actually get work done. Now that's a mark of a good show...