Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

I just started watching Chuck on netflix.Im a few episodes in and domt know whether ti stick with it or not.It looks like it wants to be a spy comedy but it cant seem to decide whether its supposed to be just funny or be a straight spy show.Is it worth sticking with?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Birdleson wrote:
    THE SIMPSONS.

Love it! One of the best shows ever.
    Birdleson wrote:
    THE SIMPSONS.

Love it! One of the best shows ever.

Watching a few classic episodes as we speak :-)

Saturdays of Thunder, Cape Feare (one of my all time favs) and Duffless.
    Love your new avatar, was that just for me and Birdleson? I havent been able to see the last couple of seasons, but own a few boxsets-the first six plus 8 and 9, and also the movie. Would love another movie.
    It's to coincide with my eye working again. It deserves a "Woo-Hoo". ;-)
    Wooo_Hooo indeed. What does it say on the medicine package? For Your Eyes Only?
    Began my tour into the world of The Saint (Roger Moore's the Saint, that is) from the very beginning. Haven't done this recently, just been watching a couple of episodes from here and there. Thought it was a time to dust off my dvd collection of the Saint.
  • edited June 2014 Posts: 11,189
    Spent my Sunday night watching the 40 Greatest Action Films on Channel 5 hosted by Vinnie Jones. Kind of crappy but nice to see clips from films I haven't seen for a while, though number 1 isn't Hard to guess.

One thing that did get to me a bit was when Skyfall was picked as number 3 and the film to represent the James Bond series:

"Who is your favourite James Bond...the gentleman Roger Moore, the super-hairy Sean Connery or even Timothy Da....hahaha just kidding".

Damn common idiots. I may not be Dalton's biggest fan but that's just cruel and a cheap shot.

Steven Berkoff does make an appearance though talking about both Rambo and Bond.

SharkBait wrote:
    Began my tour into the world of The Saint (Roger Moore's the Saint, that is) from the very beginning. Haven't done this recently, just been watching a couple of episodes from here and there. Thought it was a time to dust off my dvd collection of the Saint.

Odd isn't it starting the series with the story that is about the last case of inspector Teal?

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Spent my Sunday night watching the 40 Greatest Action Films on Channel 5 hosted by Vinnie Jones. Kind of crappy but nice to see clips from films I haven't seen for a while, though number 1 isn't Hard to guess.

One thing that did get to me a bit was when Skyfall was picked as number 3 and the film to represent the James Bond series:

"Who is your favourite James Bond...the gentleman Roger Moore, the super-hairy Sean Connery or even Timothy Da....hahaha just kidding".

Damn common idiots. I may not be Dalton's biggest fan but that's just cruel and a cheap shot.

Steven Berkoff does make an appearance though talking about both Rambo and Bond.

I don't get the Dalton jab either. I think people just follow word of mouth whether they believe something or not just to fit in with the crowd, and so Dalton gets trumped because some view his era as a low in the films. Hard to believe because if you watch those films with an appreciation for straight-edged and earnest Bond films, Tim knocks it way out of the park and gives great, thought-provoking performances. The moment alone in LTK where he throws back Della's flowers before she discovers of his past marriage is heart-breaking and played to perfection by Tim as we see Bond still cracked up over Tracy's death. Add to that his ability to be suave, cold and generally badass from minute to minute, and you have a great Bond. I guess he isn't everyone's cup of tea, but that jab was indeed weak.
    I can understand to a large degree why Tim isn't as popular as Sean, Rog etc. He doesn't have the screen presence or charisma of those men, BUT I think Dalton does deserve more respect than that. As I said, it just seemed a bit of an easy poke.

Neither Pierce or George were mentioned though.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    The season 4 finale of The Walking Dead. It was amazing and I can't wait for season 5 to start!
    If Tim was doing the same movies in the 21st century he would have been really appreciated
    Watched the concluding part of THE WIDOWER on ITV last night. Terrific drama based on the real-life case of Malcolm Webster.

I have an interest in real-crime, but had never heard of this case until now surprisingly. Reece Shearsmith does a brilliant job as the utterly despicable Webster and its sad that the man got away with his crimes for so long.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Anyone here a 'How I Met Your Mother' fan? I hated the show and never understood what was so great about it, just wanted to see if anyone was pissed about the finale. It seems like it received mostly negative reviews, with most saying it ruined the show, like the finale of 'Dexter' did.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Anyone here a 'How I Met Your Mother' fan? I hated the show and never understood what was so great about it, just wanted to see if anyone was pissed about the finale. It seems like it received mostly negative reviews, with most saying it ruined the show, like the finale of 'Dexter' did.

I don't get the hype either, but I do see why people are angry. Bit of a crappy hand to play, but I knew that's how it would play out.
    (with Ted and Robin getting together, I mean)

*RIP Paul Bearer 1st anniversary*

22-0 , tonight :D
  • Castle, because I'm still waiting for Corrine to say she's Canadian again. I also have to make sure that she didn't lie to Bond and gp back to Yusef if he ever appears on that show. If he ever does, I'll laugh because I'll know it's not a coincidence. No, but really I don't watch any shows but CollegeHumor online.
    cosmos part 4
    21-1 , Undertaker lost at WM and the streak is no more :(
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Yes, I am/was fan of the show and it is 100% Dexter. The first half was great the last half of the entire series was shit. The finale was bad.
    Tracy wrote:
    21-1 , Undertaker lost at WM and the streak is no more :(
    Someone else watches WWE ? Great.

The 21-1 is 100% the Red Wedding of the WWE. I was shocked. Even if we don't count the outcomes of the matches this wasn't a good wrestlemania
  • SmithersSmithers Bandit Country
    Like Mr Coggins I have been watching the funny, but equally painful to watch, W1A on the BBC (in both cases of the sense!) What I think is so amazing is that the BBC has got the sense of humour to make a fictitious show about their own organisation, though some within it say it isn't to far from the real truth!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Agatha Christie's Poirot: The Mystery Of Hunter's Lodge

I never had any interest in watching this series when it was on, but since it ended, I have become addicted thanks to ITV3.
  • Haven't watched Two and a Half Men since Charlie Sheen wasn't invited back...man that show stinks now. Plus they booted off his nephew character fpr his personal religious beliefs.
    Haven't watched Two and a Half Men since Charlie Sheen wasn't invited back...man that show stinks now. Plus they booted off his nephew character fpr his personal religious beliefs.

Agree, not funny anymore.

I never had any interest in watching this series when it was on, but since it ended, I have become addicted thanks to ITV3.

I absolutely loved this show. It really is some achievement by David Suchet to actually film all of the stories.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    RogueAgent wrote:

I absolutely loved this show. It really is some achievement by David Suchet to actually film all of the stories.

24 years is something for Suchet to be proud of.

Doctor Who: The Moonbase

The TARDIS materialises on the moon, where a station controlling the Earth's weather has been experiencing abnormalities. To add to the confusion, an unknown fever has been attacking the crew. This story might use the tried and tested 'base under siege' template, but it's still an enjoyable story.
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 1,639
    Fans are yelling at Vince , Brock and WWE in general but it's pointless , it was Takers own decision to lose at WM......people don't seem to understand that Taker in 2014 is like Elvis 1976/77......a shell of what he once was & he can no longer deliver the goods.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/television/2014/02/hannibal_on_nbc_is_the_best_thomas_harris_adaptation_to_date_better_than.html

Great article and pretty much agree, this TV series has surpassed the big screen versions and I will say unlike the author of this piece that Mads Mikkelsen has indeed eclipsed Anthony Hopkins version of the good doctor. He's taken it in a whole new direction as has Hugh Dancy's Will Graham, he's topped William Petersen's excellent take in Manhunter. I can't wait to see where this goes, Season 2 has been even better than 1 and it's improving as it goes.
    Shardlake wrote:
    http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/television/2014/02/hannibal_on_nbc_is_the_best_thomas_harris_adaptation_to_date_better_than.html

Great article and pretty much agree, this TV series has surpassed the big screen versions and I will say unlike the author of this piece that Mads Mikkelsen has indeed eclipsed Anthony Hopkins version of the good doctor. He's taken it in a whole new direction as has Hugh Dancy's Will Graham, he's topped William Petersen's excellent take in Manhunter. I can't wait to see where this goes, Season 2 has been even better than 1 and it's improving as it goes.

My friend told me a lot about Hannibal, and he loves it too. Good to see that it has built up a loyal and adoring fan base and seems to have a promising future for continued seasons.