#08 choose between two options: CONNERY-DALTON-BROSNAN ...or... LAZENBY-MOORE-CRAIG

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    acoppola wrote: »
    And the surfing on the waves with the parachute made me believe for a second I had been drugged in the cinema, for I could not believe what I was watching!

I literally went back to the cinema the next day, hoping that I was dreaming during my first viewing.
    I'm cracking up just reading your comments.

I really have to watch this 'masterpiece' again. It's been too long and I'm in need of a bit of cheering up. Halle and Pike's banter during their climactic 'pointed' battle in the air interspersed with the memorable acting of both robo-Stephens and Brosnan has to lift anyone's spirits up.
  • acoppolaacoppola London Ealing not far from where Bob Simmons lived
    bondjames wrote: »
    acoppola wrote: »
    And the surfing on the waves with the parachute made me believe for a second I had been drugged in the cinema, for I could not believe what I was watching!

I literally went back to the cinema the next day, hoping that I was dreaming during my first viewing.
    I'm cracking up just reading your comments.

I really have to watch this 'masterpiece' again. It's been too long and I'm in need of a bit of cheering up. Halle and Pike's banter during their climactic 'pointed' battle in the air interspersed with the memorable acting of both robo-Stephens and Brosnan has to lift anyone's spirits up.

Thank you very much! Appreciated @bondjames

• Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Terrible as DAD was, I can remember quite a lot of it (albeit the bits that made me cringe hard). I can't remember a single thing about TWINE. Rewatch time?
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Terrible as DAD was, I can remember quite a lot of it (albeit the bits that made me cringe hard). I can't remember a single thing about TWINE. Rewatch time?

Always !!

And feel free to comment while you watch on the so-named thread I created !!

You perhaps have erased it from your memory in order to remain a fan of this illustrious franchise. I know I have tried, with difficulty.
    I'll do it. Looking at the movie meter so far, January is Brosnan Month!
    Bravo @Agent_99
    It's OK @barryt007 - I know you just want to keep me from watching TLD every weekend.
    It's OK @barryt007 - I know you just want to keep me from watching TLD every weekend.

Bugger....foiled again hahaha ;)

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    And we have a winner:

Option One: The Daltons TLD-LTK 15 votes

Option Two: The Lazenby OHMSS 20 votes

but hey it was close, much closer than I expected!
    OHMSS I like Daltons film though they were up against possibly the best film in the series.
    @Birdleson I can do that, I had another one prepared. I will put it on here shortly.
    It is time, before I go, for Roger Moore.

The aliens decided that AVTAK will be saved no matter what, they hate uneven numbers now.

CHOOSE ONE OF TWO OPTIONS and explain your decision if you like.

This time: Choose between keeping either:

Option One: LALD / MR / FYEO / AVTAK
    ...or...
    Option Two: TMWTGG / TSWLM / OP / AVTAK

Imagine you could only watch one set of films and the other set never ever again.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Damn. In each category, I could possibly do without both TMWTGG and MR. TSWLM and LALD would be an absolute must, and I would get AVTAK either way. So, it's FYEO vs. OP. That's a close one, but I think FYEO would slightly edge it for me.

So, I choose 'Option One: LALD/MR/FYEO/AVTAK.'

This could always change in the coming months, as I feel like I've been warming to TMWTGG more and more as the past few months have gone on. Now that I'm thinking about it, I think I'm going to put this in and watch it.
    LALD / MR / FYEO / AVTAK two of my favouraite Moore films amongst these.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    LALD/MR/FYEO/AVTAK Either way I keep AVTAK so I'm happy. :D
    This is a tough one, because I love all the Moore entries except for AVTAK (which I don't give a s#!+ about).

I would really miss LALD, MR & FYEO, but there's no way I'm giving up TSWLM, OP & TMWTGG. No way.

So the choice is clear:
    TMWTGG / TSWLM / OP / AVTAK for me.
  • The aliens obviously were stunned into silence after watching AVTAK and realized they could not possibly destroy a thing of such beauty. ;)

As AVTAK is my favorite of Moore's, I praise the aliens for their centuries old sagacity.

L&LD is my second favorite by some margin, with OP third, and FYEO holds the middle ground with all its strengths and flaws. The other three occupy places in my bottom 5, but I'll be damned if Moonraker isn't still a ridiculously fun watch.

The aliens have made my choice for me: L&LD, MR, FYEO, AVTAK.

I am sorry to see Kristina Wayborn and her little scrapbook collection banished to the void.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    edited January 2017 Posts: 2,721
    This is one of the easiest ones for me.

LALD/MR/FYEO/AVTAK

I love LALD and FYEO - my two favourite Moore films. I'm also a big MR apologist. Over the last two or three years I've reappraised it to the point where I enjoy it (particularly the first half).

All those iconic moments from TSWLM would be the only thing I'd really miss.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    I choose Option Two: TMWTGG / TSWLM / OP / AVTAK

I'd take TSWLM and OP over LALD and FYEO any day.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Wow, that is an agonizing choice to make.

After much debate, I think TMWTGG/TSWLM/OP/AVTAK makes for a better overall package.

Although I'm not sure I'd want to live in a world without LALD and FYEO.
  • AntiLocqueBrakesAntiLocqueBrakes The edge
    Not a difficult decision.

TMWTGG/TSWLM/OP/AVTAK.

I'd miss FYEO, but LALD and MR are easily demoted.
    I can take or leave any of the others, frankly, but I can't lose TSWLM.

TMWTGG / TSWLM / OP / AVTAK
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    edited January 2017 Posts: 4,151
    Not easy for me. I enjoy LALD, and have a certain affection for MR. However, TSWLM ranks always top, or 2nd, in my rankings, OP is always a hot and I have plenty of love for AVTAK. Not an easy choice for me, but TMWTGG / TSWLM / OP / AVTAK
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited January 2017 Posts: 4,443
    TMWTGG / TSWLM / OP / AVTAK

Losing LALD and FYEO is hard, but LALD till AVTAK is big strong era of movies. Production design/locations are great chooses. Even Moonraker. But this all started with TSWLM and even the litle switch in style after Octopussy with AVTAK i like. Having LALD and FYEO i wil give up earlier for having TSWLM and Octopussy, sympley because we have TMWTGG as some kind of LALD.

Weird choose mabey with keeping in mind FYEO is my 4th favorite movie and LALD my 7t favorite movie. AVTAK is set between them on the 5th place. Octopussy and TMWTGG are ranked 10th or 11th and Spy 13th. Moonraker 19.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    As much as I hate being stuck with MR instead of its big brother TSWLM, there is no way I am giving up FYEO, so that settles the matter for me.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    LALD/MR/FYEO/AVTAK
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    I would hate to miss LALD but I enjoy TMWTGG and AVTAK a lot as well. TWSLM is a tad too long but it has a lot of fun.

So with FYEO being my least favourite Bond film, my choice goes to:

TMWTGG/TSWLM/OP/AVTAK.
    LALD / MR / FYEO / AVTAK
  • TMWTGG/TSWLM/OP/AVTAK