No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    2019 Craig's fifth and final outing, 2022 Aidan Turner's first Bond film. Fine by me, Aidan will be 38 by then, and look even more like Connery in Dr No.

(Yes, I am aware that Connery is 30/31 in Dr No, but he looked much older)
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Tuulia wrote: »
    TripAces wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »

I still can't believe, given ONE shot to ask DC a question, that this is what Zaritsky came up with, because he already knows all of DC's favorite brands. I am more interested in knowing DC's thoughts on comparisons to Steve McQueen and whether or not the King of Cool is an influence at all. I think Zaritsky missed a golden opportunity.

Yeah. Sort of stupid really if he already knew. But even if he hadn't known, what a weird thing to ask if one can ask an actor just one question. About brands? Really?

To be fair to David, brands, props and the overall Bond lifestyle is a monumental passion project that he's undertaken for about 20 years and he takes it incredibly seriously. The guy is hardcore when it comes to attention to detail of these things and so in his case, I wouldn't say it's a stupid question to ask at all, especially as all the other heavier questions had been asked by others prior to his own query.

Okay, fair enough. I don't know him at all. But I did say "sort of stupid if he already knew" the answer which is what other people here were saying.
    Zaritsky wrote: »
    I can understand people's point of view of my question from both sides. The reality is, I wanted to be true to the aspects I discuss in my vlogs and my interests, but I also wanted to call out his personal influence as a style template. You don't need to be wearing a Tom Ford suit or a tuxedo to be a style icon. Style is NOT fashion and it's not always looking dressed up. And as someone that has seen him pile TF goodies two feet high in the NYC TF store, he does love clothes...and he knows it as he is fiercely loyal to his brands...I was truly asking the question for myself to see if he had any style icons that influenced him or did he go just for comfort etc..and although not perfect, I have to say I am happy where his answer went because with many of the questions of the night he dismissed them or answered them in less than a sentence.

My favorite part was when he grabbed his clothes to say "what, these old things" yet he was grabbing a $1500 Belstaff, a Brunello T shirt that cost $275, Brunello Jeans that are $750...etc...

THAT all being said, Tosca isn't for everyone and if there is one thing I have learned early on is that you can't please everyone. Still was and remains a fun experience...

Hello there! :) No offence intended on my part (see my comment above as well), I assumed from what others said that you already knew the answer to your question. Additionally, I have extremely little interest in clothing brands (and have never even heard of the names you just mentioned), and I hate shopping for clothes (sometimes one just has to endure it). I could talk with someone days and never even think of asking about such stuff. Clearly it's something that fascinates you, though, so why not ask about it.

I'm sure it was a great experience to have been there, glad you enjoyed it and also got a reply you were happy with. And welcome.
  • RC7RC7
    Brosnan and Craig's relationships with EON are night and day. There's also the fact that Brosnan was Cubby's choice that Barbara had to work with after her father's death (and that never felt like hers) and Daniel was her choice that she stuck with despite the controversy that pick created, making their dynamic feel more special and important, as she feels a certain since of pride in what Dan has done in the role since she took a risk on him.

As far as I know, Brosnan had a very good working relationship with EON. Different to Craig, understandably, but then Craig stands alone in that regard (and I include Sean and Roger in that).
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    @Dcisared Completely agree. Craig'/ style outside Bond isn't anything I'd want to copy. In fact the way he has control over his suits also frightens me a bit. Also to anyone who said at least he's comfortable in his clothes, you can dress nice and be comfortable. Daniel just looked like a slob.

I think I'm in the minority but I'm not impressed with DC at the moment. I don't get the feeling he takes Bond very seriously. True he's part of the family, true there are accounts of him being extremely devoted, but I'm tired of Craig's laissez-faire teh-hee I got a free Aston Martin attitude. He just never gives me the impression he really cares about Bond. Maybe that's a good thing, to have someone a bit dispassionate. All I can say is Daniel Craig has been increasely disappointing me outside of Bond, I wish I knew as much as back in 2006.
    I think Craig may look better as Bond now than he did in 2006. I always thought he looked slightly bulbous back then, especially when he was leaning over the poker table in CR. Now he has visibly aged into a nice grizzled look and slimmed down slightly, he looks more the part to me at least. The Eminem hair has to go though.
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    edited October 2016 Posts: 732
    I could imagine that when the hate-like response Craig and with him BB and MGW hit them, it hit them all and it glued them together so when all the praise came, it came to them and not just one party.

I would be willing to believe there's more true teamwork than in other "Hollywood Connections" that portray themselves like it.

Anyway - I don't see any Bondfilm in 2017 so maybe by next year we will be talking about real progress.

Isn't it unbelieveable how many classics they put on the screen in those early years but in such a short period of time? The movies have been BIG in their production, good scripts were required and sets built and stunts coordinated ... It definitely came with a price tag especially for Connery ... But just astonishing having movies like DN, FRWL, GF and TB all just one year after another!
  • Thanks for the welcome!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    RC7 wrote: »
    Brosnan and Craig's relationships with EON are night and day. There's also the fact that Brosnan was Cubby's choice that Barbara had to work with after her father's death (and that never felt like hers) and Daniel was her choice that she stuck with despite the controversy that pick created, making their dynamic feel more special and important, as she feels a certain since of pride in what Dan has done in the role since she took a risk on him.

As far as I know, Brosnan had a very good working relationship with EON. Different to Craig, understandably, but then Craig stands alone in that regard (and I include Sean and Roger in that).

I'm not saying he didn't, just that in many ways Daniel's relationship with EON has led to a more involved partnership between Barbara, MGW and their Bond actor.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb

I'm not saying he didn't, just that in many ways Daniel's relationship with EON has led to a more involved partnership between Barbara, MGW and their Bond actor.

True. Also these are different times than the nineties or early 00s.

Nowadays it's almost normal for actors/actresses also being producers, producing the movies they star in. It happens all the time. So Craig being a co-producer in Spectre is nothing extraordinary.

True. Also these are different times than the nineties or early 00s.

Nowadays it's almost normal for actors/actresses also being producers, producing the movies they star in. It happens all the time. So Craig being a co-producer in Spectre is nothing extraordinary.

Agreed.
    2019 Craig's fifth and final outing, 2022 Aidan Turner's first Bond film. Fine by me, Aidan will be 38 by then, and look even more like Connery in Dr No.

+1

Turner is fantastic. I did know this since 2008 when Being Human aired its first series. But since seeing Poldark it is obvious he is perfect, even as young as he is now.

EON for sure is having him on their short list. How could they not. In the end various things will decide who will play Bond next.

Turner may not even be available when the time comes. The same goes for Hiddleston and Fassbender anyway.

Aidan Turner channels some serious Connery nowadays and I'm pretty sure once he is going on 40 he will look fantastic and be the closest to Fleming's vision since Dalton.

It is fashionable to naysay Turner on this forum. Out there Turner is noticed, even here in Switzerland where my work colleagues frequently ask and tell "have you seen Poldark the new series, that Turner guy looks like James Bond!"

Hiddleston on the other hand still is viewed as Loki here as his other stuff is not known very well in the German-language region.
    The Night Manager went more or less unnoticed here sadly. Poldark on the other hand will pop up on Netflix Germany/Switzerland and then have an even more huge audience that it already has on free TV.

+1

Turner is fantastic. I did know this since 2008 when Being Human aired its first series. But since seeing Poldark it is obvious he is perfect, even as young as he is now.

EON for sure is having him on their short list. How could they not. In the end various things will decide who will play Bond next.

Turner may not even be available when the time comes. The same goes for Hiddleston and Fassbender anyway.

Aidan Turner channels some serious Connery nowadays and I'm pretty sure once he is going on 40 he will look fantastic and be the closest to Fleming's vision since Dalton.

It is fashionable to naysay Turner on this forum. Out there Turner is noticed, even here in Switzerland where my work colleagues frequently ask and tell "have you seen Poldark the new series, that Turner guy looks like James Bond!"

Hiddleston on the other hand still is viewed as Loki here as his other stuff is not known very well in the German-language region.
    The Night Manager went more or less unnoticed here sadly. Poldark on the other hand will pop up on Netflix Germany/Switzerland and then have an even more huge audience that it already has on free TV.

Exactly! Turner is in that delicate sweet spot between being unknown to the public and being too famous to be any use to the franchise. He's just what EON will being looking for once Craig leaves, if he already hasn't.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    Thank you @BondJasonBond006. You should visit the American Election thread. I'm getting quite a beating over there, so I'm happy to get any ego massage, no matter how unwarranted/unearned, that I can get.

EDIT: I missed your reference to "P". I'm a bit slow today.

Best wishes there... I'm avoiding that thread.
    I'm guessing that's a political thread?

Yup :/
  • RC7RC7

Certainly, it's a sign of the times.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I'm not here to discuss politics, I'm here to discuss Bond.
  • jake24 wrote: »

What about ghosts?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    What about Duck Dodgers?

l0MYz3daNwWvZuOA0.gif
  • Whoa whoa whoa, @ClarkDevlin. Let's not go igniting any explosive debates here.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    On this forums site, @Some_Kind_Of_Hero, explosive debates are inevitable. :))
  • Tediously so, one might say.
    Well technically in Dir Another Day it did...
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited October 2016 Posts: 10,588
    jake24 wrote: »

What about ghosts?
    Ghosts aren't real, so that's fine. ;)
    Is there a summary anywhere of what DC actually said?
    Getafix wrote: »
    Check the first page.

This:

"A suit should look like you've lived in it, had sex in it." -Daniel Craig #TNYfest

This:

"A suit should look like you've lived in it, had sex in it." -Daniel Craig #TNYfest

"My favourite colour might be blue." - Daniel Craig #TNYfest
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    " thanks David, that was a very nuanced question" #TNYfest
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    DCisared wrote: »
    " thanks David, that was a very nuanced question" #TNYfest

Nuanced™.

Do you see what you've started, @Gustav_Graves?
    I want it to be known that I have trademarked the terms

bold and simple™

they are my middle name anyway, so please refrain of using them.

My first name is hotashell of course.
    Zaritsky wrote: »
    Thanks for the welcome!
    It's my pleasure. Great to have you on board.