No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    bondjames wrote: »
    With the spy resurgence that we have going on, I'm surprised that Myers doesn't resurrect Bond's great box office nemesis, Austin Powers. That would be $bn grosser for sure, especially in 3D. Not that I want to give him any ideas (as a life long Bond fan, I find Powers to be a most destructive force than Spectre).
    For years, he said he's working on the infamous Dr. Evil spin-off.
    He could actually spoof the 'realistic' Craig era if he wanted to. I could just see it now. Powers moving into the depressing 70's from the carefree go lucky 60's.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    With the spy resurgence that we have going on, I'm surprised that Myers doesn't resurrect Bond's great box office nemesis, Austin Powers. That would be $bn grosser for sure, especially in 3D. Not that I want to give him any ideas (as a life long Bond fan, I find Powers to be a most destructive force than Spectre).
    He could actually spoof the 'realistic' Craig era if he wanted to. I could just see it now. Powers moving into the depressing 70's from the carefree go lucky 60's.
    I don't think the 70s suited the Powers character since they've done that in the third movie and it wasn't received well. But, it's a thought!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    That would be an interesting take actually. Not sure EoN would approve though.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    And some thought Disney were the good guys... They're Hydr-- oops... They're Spectre!

Mickey as Blofeld stroking a cat. That's pure evil ...weird but evil.

Goofy as Hinx..
    He'd be the evil mastermind while Dr. Claw masquerades as Blofeld. Mickey will have the final say. Donald Duck would be a brilliant Dominic Greene. :))

True lol
    edited June 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I wonder if Hiddle's rumoured romance with Taylor Swift will hinder any chances he may have had at Bond. It will attract a lot of attention for sure, but perhaps create too much gossip. Regardless, it will take him off the Bond radar with the press for a while, because they will be more intent to associate him with Swift than Bond for click bait. Some are calling their recently photographed smooch a PR stunt.

The new term being used is "Hiddleswift".
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I wonder if Hiddle's rumoured romance with Taylor Swift will hinder any chances he may have had at Bond. It will attract a lot of attention for sure, but perhaps create too much gossip. Regardless, it will take him off the Bond radar with the press for a while, because they will be more intent to associate him with Swift than Bond for click bait. Some are calling their recently photographed smooch a PR stunt.

I think we need to draw the line somewhere.
    jake24 wrote: »

I think we need to draw the line somewhere.
    We may yet long for the days of grumpy Dan and his swearing and wrist slashing. We should be careful what we wish for perhaps.

Quite like that idea, a fourth Austin Powers film that spoofs the whole gritty reboot trend. Sadly though at this point I wonder if it might be a few years too late. They seem to be on their way out now (the last big one I can remember is the Superman reboot which was a good couple of years ago).

Does this mean that If Hiddlestone becomes the next 007 we get Swift as artist for the next title song?

>:)
    SaintMark wrote: »

Does this mean that If Hiddlestone becomes the next 007 we get Swift as artist for the next title song?

Dear me. And I thought It couldn't get any worse after the last effort. That would be cruel. As long as she doesn't have a cameo as a fencing instructor.

Dear me. And I thought It couldn't get any worse after the last effort. That would be cruel. As long as she doesn't have a cameo as a fencing instructor.

And just think, if Disney gets the distribution rights, they'll turn it into a full-on musical where Hiddleston and Swift will join forces with Waltz's Blofeld to defeat the Martians. ;) :D

In all seriousness, I don't think this means anything for the new Bond search, but mainly because there really isn't anything going on on that front anyway.
    dalton wrote: »

And just think, if Disney gets the distribution rights, they'll turn it into a full-on musical where Hiddleston and Swift will join forces with Waltz's Blofeld to defeat the Martians. ;) :D

In all seriousness, I don't think this means anything for the new Bond search, but mainly because there really isn't anything going on on that front anyway.

I agree just a bit of a laugh as we all know Hiddlestone will dump her and she will write an godawfull revenge song about him.

O:-)
    dalton wrote: »

I agree just a bit of a laugh as we all know Hiddlestone will dump her and she will write an godawfull revenge song about him.

O:-)

And just think, if he is cast as Bond, she'll get to write a song about dumping James Bond. ;)

I'll say this for her, though. Her music isn't my cup of tea, but after some of the title songs we've gotten over the past decade-plus, I can't say with the utmost confidence that she'd do worse than some of the others we've gotten recently.
    I read "Swoki" :))
    One is a Welsh singer, the other is @Mendes' deranged wank fantasy. Can you spot the difference?

PwxJHtMO.png

Jones_Kelly.jpg

...but Fleming's James Bond has blue grey eyes. :)
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited June 2016 Posts: 12,459
    Took me a second ... but Swift and Loki, yes ... good one, GL. :))

My James Bond has blue eyes, a cruel mouth, dark hair that falls in a slight comma over his forehead at times ... and loves Marc Bolan's music. EON can take it from there ... ;)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    What the hell could Hiddleston and Swift possibly even talk about?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Apparently they don't need many words ... words are not getting in the way. ;)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Love is ......... not having to talk to each other. :D
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Ha, I suppose not at least not for now.
    There's a video clip of them dancing at some awards event, so they might have been
    Seeing each other before Taylor's split. ;) You know what these celebs are like.
    There's a video clip of them dancing at some awards event, so they might have been
    Seeing each other before Taylor's split. ;) You know what these celebs are like.

Who cares?
    tanaka123 wrote: »

Who cares?
    The media.
    Yes given the media coverage, it would seem many "care" about the love life
    of celebs, everyone loves a bit of gossip. Then again I guess I'm not an intellectual
    on the level of @tanaka123 :P ;)
    @Thunderpussy: They'll print anything, these days. ;)
    :)) if only he could have dated a kardashian, now that would have been the perfect
    Media storm @ClarkDevlin
    :)) if only he could have dated a kardashian, now that would have been the perfect
    Media storm @ClarkDevlin
    @Thunderpussy: Imagine the headline: "Kim Kardashian in, Daniel Craig out." Claiming that Kardashian is being considered for a Bond Girl role, serving as the primary reason for Craig to step down from the stage due to his hatred of the Kardashians. :))
  • edited June 2016 Posts: 2,115
    In case you were wondering (and I certainly was not), some are saying Hiddleston is dating Swift *as a way* to get the Bond role. For amusement value only:

http://hollywoodlife.com/2016/06/16/tom-hiddleston-james-bond-dating-taylor-swift-role-movie/

EDIT for clarity. Was up too early when I typed this originally.
    Heavens to Murgatroyd! =))
    It's great to see the high standard of investigative journalism, in the same vein as
    Woodward and Bernstein still flourshing. :))