No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    dinovelvet wrote: »
    Why do people use that photo as some kind of qualifier for being Bond or Bond-like? None of the six Bond actors have looked anything like it.

No one was saying that that is what we want Bond to look like. But @Mendes was claiming that the similarities between Turner and this picture were 'uncanny'.

He really must give us the name of his oculist.

When I look at Turner I just see Kelly Jones from the Stereophonics.

dinovelvet wrote: »
    Why do people use that photo as some kind of qualifier for being Bond or Bond-like? None of the six Bond actors have looked anything like it.

No one was saying that that is what we want Bond to look like. But @Mendes was claiming that the similarities between Turner and this picture were 'uncanny'.

He really must give us the name of his oculist.

When I look at Turner I just see Kelly Jones from the Stereophonics.

I knew Turner looked familiar somehow. Now that resemblance is truly uncanny. :)

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited June 2016 Posts: 9,117
    One is a Welsh singer, the other is @Mendes' deranged wank fantasy. Can you spot the difference?

PwxJHtMO.png

Jones_Kelly.jpg
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited June 2016 Posts: 8,087
    Hmm. I can see what you mean with the eyes, and the hair colour is similar. However the cheekbones, chin, nose etc. are all substantially different. Besides a passing resemblance, I don't see it. Turner is extremely Fleming, moreso than any actor who has played Bond to date.
  • DisneyBond007DisneyBond007 Welwyn Garden City
    While waiting for Bond 25 announcement, the return of Sky Cinema (expected to become the new home of Sky Movies) from Friday 8th July with the premiere of Spectre and it'll have movie premieres everyday:

telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/06/15/sky-movies-rebrands-as-sky-cinema-as-broadcaster-throws-down-gau/

We had Sky Cinema before in 1998.
    Also according to What Culture, Danny Boyle is at Number 1 to direct Bond 25 (beating Christopher Nolan, in which is at Number 7).

whatculture.com/film/bond-25-8-potential-directors-and-where-they-should-take-the-series-next?page=9
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited June 2016 Posts: 10,588
    Danny Boyle has expressed disinterest in directing a Bond film (something about being uncomfortable with the scope of it), which is a shame really.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I look at the Fleming drawing and I can see DC's eyes, nose, cruel mouth and chin... We see what we want to see @Mendes... it's a fictious character...
    Personally I think Aidan Turner will be the next bond

@mendes4lyfe hands me a big bag of money

Hey I don't care I am selling my opinions for money I need it!
    jake24 wrote: »
    Danny Boyle has expressed disinterest in directing a Bond film (something about being uncomfortable with the scope of it), which is a shame really.

Correct. He said he's not interested in handling such a large budget picture.
    Also according to What Culture, Danny Boyle is at Number 1 to direct Bond 25 (beating Christopher Nolan, in which is at Number 7).

whatculture.com/film/bond-25-8-potential-directors-and-where-they-should-take-the-series-next?page=9

According to Danny Boyle, he has no interest in directing Bond, so, great ranking there.
    In other news, there'll be some purpose served in jailing Oscar Pistorius in the future?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Dear Disney, that has nothing to do with Bond.
    Turner and Mendes is a bit like it must be for EON and co with the press and fans andvwhatnot consistantly try to shove candidates into their faces until they are sick and tired of it and cant think about that person.anymore as their future Bond. Its their baby and everybody wants to interfer.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Its their baby and everybody wants to interfer.
    That's what upsets me most. The media keeps suggesting idiocy of "candidates" and fake reports when Eon hasn't even announced anything, nor are they ready to provide a depository talk to the audience when there's nothing to say, now.
    Looks like Sir Cliff Richard has now done something wrong as he is charged with sex abuse inquiry.
    Once again, way off topic. 8-|
    And he'll continue being so.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited June 2016 Posts: 4,116
    (:| ...need news.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    @Disney has been deliberately spamming for months now.
    At least he's not selling some energetic products or hair restorer medicines. :))
    @Disney has been deliberately spamming for months now.

Yes, and across two different forums.
    edited June 2016 Posts: 10,588
    At least he's not selling some energetic products or hair restorer medicines. :))
    Well, at least he'd be helping people. :))

@dalton He's on Twitter as well.
    Well, at least he'd be helping people. :))
    He should go and work for the Ramirez Brothers. He'd make a great salesman and help his employers finance a revolution. :))
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    So this is how Disney propagates its brainwashing & continued world domination - by inseminating forums and social media in advance of acquiring prized franchises. It's all clear to me now.
    And some thought Disney were the good guys... They're Hydr-- oops... They're Spectre!
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited June 2016 Posts: 4,116
    And some thought Disney were the good guys... They're Hydr-- oops... They're Spectre!

Mickey as Blofeld stroking a cat. That's pure evil ...weird but evil.

Goofy as Hinx..
    mcdonbb wrote: »

Mickey as Blofeld stroking a cat. That's pure evil ...weird but evil.

Goofy as Hinx..
    He'd be the evil mastermind while Dr. Claw masquerades as Blofeld. Mickey will have the final say. Donald Duck would be a brilliant Dominic Greene. :))
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    With the spy resurgence that we have going on, I'm surprised that Myers doesn't resurrect Bond's great box office nemesis, Austin Powers. That would be $bn grosser for sure, especially in 3D. Not that I want to give him any ideas (as a life long Bond fan, I find Powers to be a most destructive force than Spectre).
    bondjames wrote: »
    With the spy resurgence that we have going on, I'm surprised that Myers doesn't resurrect Bond's great box office nemesis, Austin Powers. That would be $bn grosser for sure, especially in 3D. Not that I want to give him any ideas (as a life long Bond fan, I find Powers to be a most destructive force than Spectre).
    For years, he said he's working on the infamous Dr. Evil spin-off.