No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Zekidk wrote: »
    "You guys will see this beautiful sail boat in the new James Bond film" Sheldon Kanter on FB.

QuHou3I.jpg

Not too shabby.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    This just in from The Sun:

Due to Craig being so hopeless, the ice has also thawed in Jamaica now (not between Craig and everyone else, of course) so they have to scrap the whole film.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    This just in from The Sun:

Due to Craig being so hopeless, the ice has also thawed in Jamaica now (not between Craig and everyone else, of course) so they have to scrap the whole film.

Called it!
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 11,425
    RC7 wrote: »
    "You guys will see this beautiful sail boat in the new James Bond film" Sheldon Kanter on FB.

QuHou3I.jpg

That’ll be Bond’s personal boat then.

It looks very similar to the boat in CR.
    Only it appears to have a tiller rather than a wheel. But otherwise could almost be the same
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    This is one of the reasons incentives are offered to lure films, just seeing these images, I’m ready to book a vacation to Jamaica, and I’m not kidding!

QuHou3I.jpg

Bit smaller than the Venice Spirit one. Still, very very nice.

I do hope the costume designer has a sense of style, casual or not. Linen shirts and suits, loafers and not converse please, Craig's grey t shirt must have a comeback. And Persol sunglasses again please. Or Tom Ford.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    talos7 wrote: »
    This is one of the reasons incentives are offered to lure films, just seeing these images, I’m ready to book a vacation to Jamaica, and I’m not kidding!

with you @talos7 ... it's like you can feel the heat and humidity, smell the salt-water breeze, feel the skin tightening under the heat of the sun... Dive into the ocean, then run up to the pool to cool off... Damn...
    Well, you guys are way closer than I am ;)
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    StanKobra wrote: »
    EwAUAJa.png

that screems classic bond villian lair.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Getafix wrote: »
    Well the Sun piece is made up garbage most likely. But the NYP article is opinion and not entirely badly argued either IMO.

That article is just pure opinion and someone who clearly doesn't like Craig so no I don't agree it doesn't have anymore weight than the Scum article.

While I think these tabloids take it way too far, I think these forums protect Dan a little too much. I agree with some parts of these articles. I get that Dan is introverted, reserved, etc. So am I. But he's definitely had this kind of whiny attitude since the beginning.

I don’t see it.

+1
    jake24 wrote: »
    So the scene with the (13 year old) woman being chased across the ice in Norway was scrapped due to the ice thawing? Thanks to The Sun for telling us! Everyone else is so secretive.
    The Sun is wrong. Production shot that sequence before everything else because the ice would thaw if they waited longer.

Indeed. We know it wasn't scrapped. We literally watched BTS footage of them shooting it.
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    jake24 wrote: »
    So the scene with the (13 year old) woman being chased across the ice in Norway was scrapped due to the ice thawing? Thanks to The Sun for telling us! Everyone else is so secretive.
    The Sun is wrong. Production shot that sequence before everything else because the ice would thaw if they waited longer.

Indeed. We know it wasn't scrapped. We literally watched BTS footage of them shooting it.

Listening to the press on this including the NYP and taking this seriously and giving it any credence does not do the individual any favours.

• edited April 2019 Posts: 1,661
    I think this will be Daniel's last film. It's clear the press (some of it, anyway!) is out for him. We've seeing a backlash against him.
    How whiney Daniel Craig killed James Bond

The Sun and the Mail seem to have gone full anti-Craig mode. I dunno, did Dan say he won't read those newspapers? :P Did he insult them or something?! I'm sure Craig is aware of the press backlash and will call it a day after Bond 25.

Perhaps there is a kernel of truth about Craig being difficult and the press know about it and they're wanting Bond 25 to fail or not to do too well and this will mean Craig not coming back for a sixth film.

If there is any truth to Craig controlling much of the production and being difficult, it looks like Bond 25th will have a rough shooting schedule but that won't matter to Joe Public. If the trailers look cool and the hype does its job I expect Bond 25 - The Eclipse Of Shatterhand :P - to do big box office.

I don't think it matters if Bond 25 does less than a billion dollars worldwide. Some movies don't even get theatrical releases. They end up in the dark recesses of Netflix and no-one watches 'em! It's all relative. If Bond does 700 or so million - I'm sure it will be seen as a hit.

• NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    The Sun is always publishing its usual crap.

Other than Dan's usual stammering on interviews, I haven't seen Fukunaga uncomfortable, not a tiny bit. Also, if they shot in Norway and it's been confirmed as one of the locations by the official PR, why would they scrap that scene?

It feels like a deja vu to March 2006 when CR was shot in the Bahamas.

And, like @MI6 said, they must have been angry for not being invited.

I admit the event wasn't that spectacular and that out of all the zillions of fans questions they picked the ones who sounded like clichés because, naturally, they wouldn't ask someone: "Will the gunbarrel be back at the beginning?" or "Will Madeleine be the villain?" or "Is this a remake of OHMSS?". However, I was pleased with the event overall. Maybe not pleased, but indeed satisfied.
    yeah i can't see craig in another one its time they moved on to a new actor
    I hope he stays on just to wind up some here.
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    I think Craig's era is over story-wise, but at the same time I don't like any of the other "candidates", so I'll be glad if he stays.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Babs is waiting for Jamie Bell to age into the role. She's worked with him before.
    Shardlake wrote: »
    While I think these tabloids take it way too far, I think these forums protect Dan a little too much. I agree with some parts of these articles. I get that Dan is introverted, reserved, etc. So am I. But he's definitely had this kind of whiny attitude since the beginning.

I don’t see it.

+1

I don't see it either. Never did. Craig's been a blessing to the series. Not to say he should overstay his welcome. Let Aidan Turner do a couple ;) with the same quality production, I say (let's not dwell on this here, there's a thread for it). I've never been a huge fan of the blonde muscled Bond, but he's been Bond throughout the best years of my life. I can't deny that, and that makes me fond of him. That and the quality talent he brought along with him made it worth while. Still do. He is not whiny. And has never been.
    Univex wrote: »
    Shardlake wrote: »

I don’t see it.

+1

I don't see it either. Never did. Craig's been a blessing to the series. Not to say he should overstay his welcome. Let Aidan Turner do a couple ;) with the same quality production, I say (let's not dwell on this here, there's a thread for it). I've never been a huge fan of the blonde muscled Bond, but he's been Bond throughout the best years of my life. I can't deny that, and that makes me fond of him. That and the quality talent he brought along with him made it worth while. Still do. He is not whiny. And has never been.

@Univex Just know bond will go on without Craig
  • DoctorNoDoctorNo USA-Maryland
    fanbond123 wrote: »
    I think this will be Daniel's last film. It's clear the press (some of it, anyway!) is out for him. We've seeing a backlash against him.

The Sun and the Mail seem to have gone full anti-Craig mode. I dunno, did Dan say he won't read those newspapers? :P Did he insult them or something?! I'm sure Craig is aware of the press backlash and will call it a day after Bond 25.

Perhaps there is a kernel of truth about Craig being difficult and the press know about it and they're wanting Bond 25 to fail or not to do too well and this will mean Craig not coming back for a sixth film.

If there is any truth to Craig controlling much of the production and being difficult, it looks like Bond 25th will have a rough shooting schedule but that won't matter to Joe Public. If the trailers look cool and the hype does its job I expect Bond 25 - The Eclipse Of Shatterhand :P - to do big box office.

I don't think it matters if Bond 25 does less than a billion dollars worldwide. Some movies don't even get theatrical releases. They end up in the dark recesses of Netflix and no-one watches 'em! It's all relative. If Bond does 700 or so million - I'm sure it will be seen as a hit.

Man, if Craig was difficult why would now, 5th film in, suddenly be the reason he’s being jettison? It’s ridiculous. If you don’t like him, fine, but stop trying to come up with absurdities for why this is it.
    He said it’s his last, but we know Barbara LOVES him.., she will want and ask him back and make it both a personal plea and financial gain... what he decides from there I think will be down to how much he enjoyed Fukunaga and making B25... if it was magical, I see him returning, if not, it will reaffirm his impulse to exit.

We shall see...
    DoctorNo wrote: »

Man, if Craig was difficult why would now, 5th film in, suddenly be the reason he’s being jettison? It’s ridiculous. If you don’t like him, fine, but stop trying to come up with absurdities for why this is it.
    He said it’s his last, but we know Barbara LOVES him.., she will want and ask him back and make it both a personal plea and financial gain... what he decides from there I think will be down to how much he enjoyed Fukunaga and making B25... if it was magical, I see him returning, if not, it will reaffirm his impulse to exit.

We shall see...

I guess we will see an 80 year old bond then
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    007Blofeld wrote: »

We shall see...

I guess we will see an 80 year old bond then

PhNaXCyS.jpeg
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    echo wrote: »
    Babs is waiting for Jamie Bell to age into the role. She's worked with him before.

I kinda hope not. Bell is 5'7, much shorter than some other Bonds.
  • peterpeter Toronto

We shall see...

Bang-on @DoctorNo .... Anyone who works with Craig, and I know a couple of the lucky bastards, have said the same thing: polite, respectful and a true professional. One of the guys I know and I am working with on a project of my own, is one of the biggest second unit guys (with an academy award to back up his talent), says Craig is a gamer (which means he dives into everything).

I have heard nothing bad about the guy.

I do believe, unfortunately, this is his last. So, as Bond fans, lets enjoy it-- and drown out the sewer-garbage from TNYP and it's ilk! This is the man who rode in on CR, QoS (I still love it), SF... (and yes, a weaker effort in SP)...

I think CF is hitting this, with DC, out of the park (feels reminiscent of the CR hate-bating). Get ready haters...

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    If you read tabloid articles for CR and SF during production, there was plenty of trash stories. The papers have to have their 'production in trouble' style stories before the film comes out. Then when everyone enjoys the film credit it as, 'the best Bond film ever!'
    It's just the way some of these papers operate.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    These tabloid stories are obviously garbage and completely untrue. I personally hope this is Craig’s last Bond movie because I’d like to see a lighter tone moving forward, but Craig has been a great Bond and has given us some excellent movies. There’s never been any doubt for me that he values this character.
    Not going to read the Sun article because it's the Sun. Got a few lines into the NYP one and then closed it when he dragged up the wrist slashing comment as evidence.

Anyway, I was pretty disappointed that they didn't announce the title but everything else is shaping up brilliantly. Love that they're back in Jamaica. It's been too long. Felix is back. Killing Eve was very good so the script should be a good one, and that synopsis sounds like classic, no messing, old school Bond in the best of ways. I can't wait personally. I've loved the direction they've been going in with the last couple of films and I'm excited to see how they finish things off.

I do hope one day we get to hear more about Boyle's version though (I say version, sounds like a completely different film, I do think the rumours that the Purvis/Wade draft was scrapped for the Boyle/Hodge one but then they went back to it after they couldn't make that work sound pretty believeable). Do we reckon there's any chance at all he might be tempted to do one when Craig is gone or is that bridge pretty much burnt now? As excited as I am I'm still pretty gutted that he won't be directing anymore.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited April 2019 Posts: 5,869
    This seems to be shaping up to be the best ensemble cast since Casino Royale :D
    sw4eht.jpg