No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    It isn t just the British press.

The US press used to be much better with fact checkers etc. The British press never even pretended they were interested in the truth.
  • RC7RC7
    The circus of bullshit. If the film’s good it will be a success, regardless of the overwrought diatribes that have been ten a penny over the past decade. Blah, blah...
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Getafix wrote: »
    Fair points regarding the quality. Production values and aspirations for the films have definitely improved massively. The writing has been the Achilles heel though. Mainly pretty poor.

I disagree about the wrist slashing comments. Deeply unprofessional. I think you just don't say these things about a collaborative effort like a big movie, even if that's what you really feel (And I think he was being frank and honest, not jokey).

It's sort of sh**ing on the work of all the hundreds of collaborators to say something like this. Doubtless he was referring to the rumoured on set issues. Heck, didn't Mendes even refuse to provide a commentary for the film - sort of shows how everyone felt. Waltz has alluded to SP being an unhappy production. But even so, you just don't say it straight out like Craig did.

About the writing, I agree wholeheartedly.

About the comment, he was simply referring to the psychological and physical exhaustion that is inherent to a shoot this long. The guy has cut a finger, dislocated a shoulder, had surgery a couple of times, all in the line of duty. Not that I find him a hero of sorts, he's just an actor who gets paid millions to do what he does. I know. But in this case, he was just tired. I bet most of the production team felt the same and understood his words in a personal and emphatic level, with outmost empathy for the guy.
    Getafix wrote: »

The US press used to be much better with fact checkers etc. The British press never even pretended they were interested in the truth.

That's true. The nature of the British press is well and historically documented. Tabloid news were nurtured there to a point where it is traditional. American press, on the other had, used to be know for its reliability. Even if M suggests otherwise in TND.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 3,126

@Thunderfinger very funny since you brought it up you must want me to talk about it on PM ;)
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    When it comes to Piranha Journalism, I think I may have coined a new phrase, Lol , it’s a new world order.
    Piranha Journalism, I like it. Well done @talos7 ;)
  • Shardlake wrote: »
    QuantumArt wrote: »
    Is it known at this point if elements of the Hodge treatment is still in use ?

Judging by the fact there is no mention in the offiicial writers of the script of Hodge, I'd say no or if there was it was so small they could get away with not mentioning him.

There was a lot of ambiguity over whether Hodge and Boyle came in with a new idea entire or they built on what P&W had already written.

There was a suggestion that they incorporated their golden idea into the existing script that P&W had already presented to EON.

I guess we'll find out one day, I feel more confident that both of them aren't part of this as there contribution didn't work with EON, they went into production with a troubled treatment last time.

I prefer they take their sweet time about it rather than taking an idea before the cameras that was rushed.

Thank you

talos7 wrote: »
    When it comes to Piranha Journalism, I think I may have coined a new phrase, Lol , it’s a new world order.

@talos7 I like the phrase haha
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited April 2019 Posts: 1,756
    While I think these tabloids take it way too far, I think these forums protect Dan a little too much. I agree with some parts of these articles. I get that Dan is introverted, reserved, etc. So am I. But he's definitely had this kind of whiny attitude since the beginning.
  • RC7RC7
    While I think these tabloids take it way too far, I think these forums protect Dan a little too much. I agree with some parts of these articles. I get that Dan is introverted, reserved, etc. So am I. But he's definitely had this kind of whiny attitude since the beginning.

I don’t see it.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 3,168
    "Principal filming in Jamaica is expected to continue until late May, in the Corporate Area (Kingston) and Portland"

https://www.jamaicaobserver.com/teenage/Details_of_new_James_bond_movie_in_Jamaica_-_Heres_what_we_know_so_far?profile=1548&template=teenagearticle

"Some 500 Jamaicans are expected to participate in the production of the 25th James Bond Film, which was announced on Thursday at the Ian Fleming property, GoldenEye in Oracabessa, St Mary."

http://www.loopjamaica.com/content/500-jamaicans-work-james-bond-film

The roles will include key production and technical personnel as well as extras and walk-ons.
    There we go. All sounds good to me.
    wow thats a long time in Jamaica
    Trident castle in Portland can certainly pass for a Bond location:
    Trident_Castle_aerial_20171122_0882_45f5509b-4edc-4384-b047-3a80b54b63f3.jpg
    Bond should get himself some Jamaican Pearl, and maybe get Pearl Jam for the theme song.
    jamaica-2.jpg?w=768
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Couldn't be happier. I posted quite a while ago that I wanted to see some damn palm trees in B25 and it looks like that's what we're getting.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 3,168
    B25?

8A93SDk.jpg

ItqHDLp.jpg

(EDIT: Billy Magnussen is blonde and 5' 10, too)

Port Antonio main street:
    ImFGF3k.jpg

Zekidk wrote: »
    Trident castle in Portland can certainly pass for a Bond location:
    Trident_Castle_aerial_20171122_0882_45f5509b-4edc-4384-b047-3a80b54b63f3.jpg

looks like a villians lair!
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    LOVE the Jamaican setting! Linen suits , turquoise water, sun ,bright colors and bikinis!
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    LOVE the Jamaican setting! Linen suits , turquoise water, sun ,bright colors and bikinis!

I'm getting DN, TB, and CR vibes. Loving it.
    Remington wrote: »

me too
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Remington wrote: »

me too

Yes, that too.
    If they’re filming until late May that’s one month. A major action set piece won’t occur in Jamaica that would take longer to film, build the sets etc.
    The locals in Port Antonio certainly know that Bond is in town. Some claim that they are already shooting in the city:
  • StanKobraStanKobra Serbia
    EwAUAJa.png
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    If they’re filming until late May that’s one month. A major action set piece won’t occur in Jamaica that would take longer to film, build the sets etc.

They've already built the set that could, most definitely, get shot-up, or go ka-boom, in the middle of the night.

If I'm remembering correctly, when Gregg went out to scout Jamaica, I was told second unit accompanied him; if I'm remembering correctly, that would most certainly mean an action sequence will be filmed (and depending on the scale of the action sequence, one month is plenty of time).
    "You guys will see this beautiful sail boat in the new James Bond film" Sheldon Kanter on FB.

QuHou3I.jpg
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 11,425
    I hope those aren't the rushes!
    Great news if they are actually shooting in Port Antonio town tho. It's one of the most friendly and atmospheric Jamaican towns. Still has a bit of the old school charm left.
  • RC7RC7
    Zekidk wrote: »
    "You guys will see this beautiful sail boat in the new James Bond film" Sheldon Kanter on FB.

QuHou3I.jpg

That’ll be Bond’s personal boat then.