No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Maybe he's a rooky learning from Felix and there are parallels/competition with the Nomi character.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    So the scene with the (13 year old) woman being chased across the ice in Norway was scrapped due to the ice thawing? Thanks to The Sun for telling us! Everyone else is so secretive.
    The Sun is wrong. Production shot that sequence before everything else because the ice would thaw if they waited longer.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 11,425
    Yeah sounds like a load of nonsense based on fake rumours and half of it just made up for the help of it.

Even if it were true I wonder if there'd be time to reshoot those scenes this winter anyway.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The Sun thawed that ice, but Daniel Craig did not help. What a failure this film is! Let s boycott it.
    I do want Daniel Kleinman back for the title scene
    The Sun thawed that ice, but Daniel Craig did not help. What a failure this film is! Let s boycott it.

:))
    FoxRox wrote: »

Or add up. Craig seems as hated by the press as Trump.
    Guys, these are tabloids doing what tabloids do. They are not reading material for us or for anyone with half a brain. Best we can do is filter what is nonsense from what is not, and not indulge them and post their rubbish articles here. Ok? Please? Let's all be sensible? Best thing we can do to them is ignore them and move along knowing what's true and what's not.

Or add up. Craig seems as hated by the press as Trump.

It's honestly ridiculous. I feel bad for the guy; there's never been any concrete reason to believe he's hated by his fellow crew or is a control freak or any of that. Just because he's not happy, go-lucky for the cameras, they say all sorts of crap about him.

Wow. Hard hitting.

Worth noting that the NYP is (like the Sun) another Rupert Murdoch outlet. His papers and TV outlets are notorious for plugging other Murdoch content (e.g. 20th Century Fox) and slating the competition.

However, although perhaps slightly ott I think there's an underlying truth to the article that many on here would quietly agree with.

For me Craig was a welcome improvement after the absolute nadir of the Brosnan era but he's never 100% won me over. There is this sense that if you remove the charm and humour you're left with a rather uninteresting and frankly thuggish character.

Have to agree as well about Dalton. For me he was and remains the best since Connery and Moore.

• RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Would be more appropriate to wait for the title reveal. Then complain and boycott.

Univex wrote: »
    Guys, these are tabloids doing what tabloids do. They are not reading material for us or for anyone with half a brain. Best we can do is filter what is nonsense from what is not, and not indulge them and post their rubbish articles here. Ok? Please? Let's all be sensible? Best thing we can do to them is ignore them and move along knowing what's true and what's not.

We can have a bit of a laugh of some of the articles though. ;-)
    Well the Sun piece is made up garbage most likely. But the NYP article is opinion and not entirely badly argued either IMO.

Yes, of course we can. Truth is, I'm sick and tired of this tabloid crap against Craig. It's been going through 13 years already. It's actually old fake news by now, isn't it? ;)

Why read them at all?

That, and to criticize is the only reason I post any of those kind of articles. We all (I hope) know that they're trash.
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 6,677

Why read them at all?

My point exactly.

That, and to criticize is the only reason I post any of those kind of articles. We all (I hope) know that they're trash.

I know, but I wouldn't trust that ALL of us know what's what. There are, after all, a couple of negativity fisherman around these waters ;)

Yes, of course we can. Truth is, I'm sick and tired of this tabloid crap against Craig. It's been going through 13 years already. It's actually old fake news by now, isn't it? ;)

Has he had bad press the whole 13 years? He had it rough to start with due to the James Blonde nonsense but after CR I think he had mainly good press all the way through to the launch of SP. The wrist slashing comment has haunted him ever since - a foolish and deeply unprofessional slip on his part that he's paid for.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Of course the Tabloids are going to print this utter garbage.

They're salty as f*** that they didn't get invited to the Jamaica, and quite frankly it's their own damn fault.
    I love how people here believe the tabloids when they write something positive about Bond 25, but shout "Fake News!" when they write something negative. :))
    Getafix wrote: »

Has he had bad press the whole 13 years? He had it rough to start with due to the James Blonde nonsense but after CR I think he had mainly good press all the way through to the launch of SP. The wrist slashing comment has haunted him ever since - a foolish and deeply unprofessional slip on his part that he's paid for.

I don't think it was foolish at all, it was figurative and meant as a laugh. Why people didn't understand that is beyond my comprehension. Actually, it's not. People just want to grab what they can to serve their own agendas and drama thirst.

As for having bad press, he had a good short run after CR, but it all went downhill again during the writers strike and his contributions to QOS script. Then SF came and, again, he had some good press with the bromance with Mendes and all. Then SP came and, again, the so call press jumped on him. Ups and downs, I'd say.

I'm not the biggest Daniel Craig fan, although I do love his films, particularly the holly trinity ;) - CR;QOS;SF, (if this is understandable...), but I do find merits in him and I do think we are where we are thanks to him. There has been a quality injected to the franchise since 2006 that was missing for a while. I can't deny that. And I hope it continues after Craig is gone.

It is! :-)

Indeed. Do like to read some of these articles now and then, just to see if there are points I agree with. Rarely happens though.
    Fair points regarding the quality. Production values and aspirations for the films have definitely improved massively. The writing has been the Achilles heel though. Mainly pretty poor.

I disagree about the wrist slashing comments. Deeply unprofessional. I think you just don't say these things about a collaborative effort like a big movie, even if that's what you really feel (And I think he was being frank and honest, not jokey).

It's sort of sh**ing on the work of all the hundreds of collaborators to say something like this. Doubtless he was referring to the rumoured on set issues. Heck, didn't Mendes even refuse to provide a commentary for the film - sort of shows how everyone felt. Waltz has alluded to SP being an unhappy production. But even so, you just don't say it straight out like Craig did.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I know the term “Fake News” is cliche and overused , but it so often fits . In large part the press have become like a school of piranha feeding in an echo chamber pool of rumor, Half-truths and outright lies, then expelling the the waste in the form of articles that misinform their hapless readers.
    Pathetic, but not unexpected.
    Getafix wrote: »
    Fair points regarding the quality. Production values and aspirations for the films have definitely improved massively. The writing has been the Achilles heel though. Mainly pretty poor.

I disagree about the wrist slashing comments. Deeply unprofessional. I think you just don't say these things about a collaborative effort like a big movie, even if that's what you really feel (And I think he was being frank and honest, not jokey).

It's sort of sh**ing on the work of all the hundreds of collaborators to say something like this. Doubtless he was referring to the rumoured on set issues. Heck, didn't Mendes even refuse to provide a commentary for the film - sort of shows how everyone felt. Waltz has alluded to SP being an unhappy production. But even so, you just don't say it straight out like Craig did.

Saying it may have been dumb, but harping on about it for years is much worse.
    talos7 wrote: »
    I know the term “Fake News” is cliche and overused , but it so often fits . In large part the press have become like a school of piranha feeding in an echo chamber pool of rumor, Half-truths and outright lies, then expelling the the waste in the form of articles that misinform their hapless readers.
    Pathetic, but not unexpected.

This has always gone on especially in the British press which is full of hucksters, chancers and generally deeply unpleasant people. The British press has been printing blatant falsehoods and lies almost unchallenged for decades.

Whats new in the age of the internet is the even greater pressure for clicks and constant new content. It almost guaranteed that these rags will print anything.