No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    matt_u wrote: »
    Okay so based on the official announcement filming has finally officially began at Pinewood Studios!

Lol wait a second.
    Best comment of 2019.

Look I’m probably one of the biggest fans of the overall Craig era inhere... but given the fact that filming is supposed to start in exactly one month at Pinewood (and even earlier in Norway, as it seems) an official statement is definitely needed.

They’re probably waiting since Burns is still working on the script and cast & crew are far from locked, as far as we know.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Perhaps they're busy. You know working on the important stuff. Casting, getting the script right. Finalising locations and what not.
    I'd much rather EON focused on the important details, rather than satisfying the fan base that seemingly demand to know everything about anything that happens.
    Yes, they're very limited in what info they give out.
    Yes, it is few and far between.
    Yes, it is frustrating getting no news, so close to the start of production.
    But then it could be said the same is true of most productions. What do we know about the next Star Wars film? Avengers Endgame? Toy Story 4?
    EON aren't alone in playing their cards close to their chest. All good things to those who wait.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 4,343
    Benny wrote: »
    Perhaps they're busy. You know working on the important stuff. Casting, getting the script right. Finalising locations and what not.
    I'd much rather EON focused on the important details, rather than satisfying the fan base that seemingly demand to know everything about anything that happens.
    But then it could be said the same is true of most productions. What do we know about the next Star Wars film? Avengers Endgame? Toy Story 4?
    EON aren't alone in playing their cards close to their chest. All good things to those who wait.

Totally agree. I already said some time ago that as Bond fans we still have the pleasure to know at least the title plus the whole cast and crew prior to principal photography.

It’s just weird (and disappointing) the lack of official informations regarding the start of the production, since we had one but has never been officially updated.
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity Centre international d'assistance aux personnes déplacées, Paris, France
    It makes sense from a PR angle to releasing (or confirming) the main informations about the film in a short time span, rather than peppering them over a period of weeks.
    We may focus a lot on the behind the scenes stuff, with some people very worried, but for most of the planet, if Eon and MGM announce at some point that production will start in so-and-so days and that there will be a press conference about it, revealing the title, the main cast and crew and some vague plot, it will be enough of an event to get serious coverage in the press, and it will give the impression that they have things under control.
    Benny wrote: »

I think we agree on the final point but take different routes to get there. Surely you're selling EON short on their ability to chew gum and walk at the same time?

On a 9-figure project, nobody expects the casting director or location scout (or gaffer or rigger or makeup artist, for that matter) to craft the media messaging. They should a dedicated comms team who do nothing but this, and do it well.

Saying that, I (again) don't really need constant insider updates. But I would like a bit more energy from EON in their PR.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    April can't come soon enough. ;)
    Another day closer to the press conference! Nothing more to say really. Lol!
    Very interesting news about Barbara and Michael attending an event tonight. I’m curious what they will reveal.

They obviously won’t be saying much, but if I could ask a fairly innocuous question that could force their hand it be something like “Is Felix back? If so, will Jeffrey Wright return?”

I’m still a bit bummed about the Lupita Nyong’o news. I know some people didn’t think she had the “right look” for a Bond girl. Whatever that means.

Though it would appear (at least on the surface) that Eon want a black actress for a role in the film. How about Zazie Beetz, Tessa Thompson or Zoe Kravitz?

I Still think Frieda Pinto could be a great Bond girl. Though she comes with the Danny Boyle baggage.

• QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Danai Gurira.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 4,343
    Very interesting news about Barbara and Michael attending an event tonight. I’m curious what they will reveal.

They obviously won’t be saying much, but if I could ask a fairly innocuous question that could force their hand it be something like “Is Felix back? If so, will Jeffrey Wright return?”

I’m still a bit bummed about the Lupita Nyong’o news. I know some people didn’t think she had the “right look” for a Bond girl. Whatever that means.

Though it would appear (at least on the surface) that Eon want a black actress for a role in the film.

I Still think Frieda Pinto could be a great Bond girl. Though she comes with the Danny Boyle baggage.

If they really want a black actress, Lupita would’ve been the best choice. Since we already have Harris, a kind of beauty like Lupita would have been more interesting. Plus she’s a far better actress then all the other options mentioned...
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Been rewatching Narcos recently, and the very beautiful Paulina Gaitán stood out as Pablo Escobar's wife. At 27, she's possibly too young for the Craig era now. But she's got naturally pretty features, can act, and was Fukanaga's Sin Nombre back in 2009.

I also have a thing for Latina women, so it's only wishful thinking on my part.

66f66c43fd93e374dd024584112ccbda.jpg
  • CatchingBulletsCatchingBullets facebook.com/catchingbullets
    To repeat, no news is not suggestive there is no news.

The PR timeline of any previous Bond film (or indeed any recent film of the last five years) has zero bearing on the next 007 title.

Be wary of jumping on reheated rumoured stories that - in some cases - are years old.

Be wary of believing any one actor is or isn't in a film based on what they say in passing to folk on the street.

Be wary of believing any one actor's availability or even shortlisting based on news outlets' need to post pictures of actors that guarantee click traffic.

Don't always assume the mentioned or even fan-assumed production dates ARE any production's real working parameters.

Last weekend's Academy Awards have zero bearing on creative decisions about casting and talent.

Nothing being currently announced is not the same as there is nothing to announce.

we will get info soon enough its the calm before the storm
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 2019 Posts: 5,869
    There’s a big difference between what people on here want and what Eon need to do. In my opinion, they don’t need to do anything until the press conference. Again, your impatience isn’t their problem.

And I couldn’t agree more @CatchingBullets
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    EON!

46557058994_554a69a4ee_o.gif
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Impeach EON!
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan
    What lack of news?! Last week was one of the best Bond 25 news weeks!!
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    The announcement of a press conference at tonight’s event would be huge while giving nothing away.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited March 2019 Posts: 2,541
    QBranch wrote: »
    EON!

Perfect :))
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    What time is the event taking place tonight?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    What time is the event taking place tonight?
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    Someone ask them when the press conference is that's all I care about
    edited March 2019 Posts: 3,126
    QBranch wrote: »
    EON!

=))
    talos7 wrote: »
    The announcement of a press conference at tonight’s event would be huge while giving nothing away.

Yes it's so easy and nothing difficult it's not rocket science
  • //Again, your impatience isn’t their problem.//

To be clear, the reason people got excited about the 4-March date (or March 4 as we call it in the U.S.) is because it came from an Eon press release. This one, to be precise. It's not like people grabbed on to the date out of thin air.

http://www.007.com/bond-25-announcement-4/

Have things changed? Sure. Maybe they'd had been better off without including a production date in that press release. And maybe they're being careful this time around and not wanting to say anything until it's more nailed down.

Still, Eon was the entity that brought up March 4. Don't blame fans for mentioning it.

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 2019 Posts: 5,869
    //Again, your impatience isn’t their problem.//

To be clear, the reason people got excited about the 4-March date (or March 4 as we call it in the U.S.) is because it came from an Eon press release. This one, to be precise. It's not like people grabbed on to the date out of thin air.

Have things changed? Sure. Maybe they'd had been better off without including a production date in that press release. And maybe they're being careful this time around and not wanting to say anything until it's more nailed down.

Still, Eon was the entity that brought up March 4. Don't blame fans for mentioning it.
    Yes, you're right, they did bring up the date, but like you said yourself things have changed, and just because that was an original filming date doesn't mean we're gonna get a bunch of information on it. They didn't say "Oh guys look out for some news on March 4", they said it will begin filming at Pinewood Studios on 4 March BEFORE the delay.

I'm not blaming people for bringing it up, I'm "blaming" fans for getting too impatient this early on. Yes, it's less than a month before the start of filming, but we never get anything concrete before the press conference anyway, which has always been a fews days to a week before filming starts. Eon like to give the fans the information first in a celebratory way (the press conference), rather than letting some news article that just wants a scoop do all the work.
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan

The thing is @AlexanderWaverly is they should have never set a start date so soon cause as we have seen anything can happen like burns having to polish the script and so far it seems they are still trying to lock in the actresses to play the main bond girls so hopefully eon won't be so ahead with the planned start date in the future plus they just recently got malek on board.
    Denbigh wrote: »

Yes, you're right, they did bring up the date, but like you said yourself things have changed, and just because that was an original filming date doesn't mean we're gonna get a bunch of information on it. They didn't say "Oh guys look out for some news on March 4", they said it will begin filming at Pinewood Studios on 4 March BEFORE the delay.

I'm not blaming people for bringing it up, I'm "blaming" fans for getting too impatient this early on. Yes, it's less than a month before the start of filming, but we never get anything concrete before the press conference anyway, which has always been a fews days to a week before filming starts. Eon like to give the fans the information first in a celebratory way (the press conference), rather than letting some news article that just wants a scoop do all the work.

The impatience comes from the fact that filming is supposed to start sometime in the coming weeks, since nothing seems set in stone. After all this delays, plus the fact that was EoN bringing up today as the official start of production, without even an update since the last delay, I think impatience is quite justified this time around.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    This is just like waiting for the man.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 820
    Well if this story is true, it certainly puts that to bed.