No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited March 2019 Posts: 5,869
    matt_u wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    //Again, your impatience isn’t their problem.//

To be clear, the reason people got excited about the 4-March date (or March 4 as we call it in the U.S.) is because it came from an Eon press release. This one, to be precise. It's not like people grabbed on to the date out of thin air.

http://www.007.com/bond-25-announcement-4/

Have things changed? Sure. Maybe they'd had been better off without including a production date in that press release. And maybe they're being careful this time around and not wanting to say anything until it's more nailed down.

Still, Eon was the entity that brought up March 4. Don't blame fans for mentioning it.
    Yes, you're right, they did bring up the date, but like you said yourself things have changed, and just because that was an original filming date doesn't mean we're gonna get a bunch of information on it. They didn't say "Oh guys look out for some news on March 4", they said it will begin filming at Pinewood Studios on 4 March BEFORE the delay.

I'm not blaming people for bringing it up, I'm "blaming" fans for getting too impatient this early on. Yes, it's less than a month before the start of filming, but we never get anything concrete before the press conference anyway, which has always been a fews days to a week before filming starts. Eon like to give the fans the information first in a celebratory way (the press conference), rather than letting some news article that just wants a scoop do all the work.
    The impatience comes from the fact that filming is supposed to start sometime in the coming weeks, since nothing seems set in stone. After all this delays, plus the fact that was EoN bringing up today as the official start of production, without even an update since the last delay, I think impatience is quite justified this time around.
    Not really, I understand your points but as I've just said, we'll know when productions about to start because they'll announce the conference, like they've done so many years before, so why rush them? I get that people wanna know about it and get excited but the lack of information about the conference or filming is just as justified as us not knowing anything else about the film.

These things will be revealed in due time, and while annoying yes there's no need to spend most of the time complaining, because the film is happening and I have no doubts we'll have the conference by the end of the month.

The issue I have with the impatience is the people that are using it to say that Eon are terrible and that we should have new producers for the next Bond film. Just stop. It's a useless excuse at pushing your frustration, and quite frankly insulting to the people that have ran this ship for so long, and do a bloody good job regardless of whether you think they should give more than one sentence statement. Like I said before, there's a big difference between what people on here want and what Eon need to do.
    AgentM72 wrote: »
    Well if this story is true, it certainly puts that to bed.

This is hilarious :D
  • Blofeld0064Blofeld0064 Milford, Michigan

Well that confirms that shatterhand is definitely not the title!
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Shatterumour.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Well that confirms that shatterhand is definitely not the title!

I wonder what it is. Maybe SHATTERHANK?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Haha!
    Seeing it like that...yeah, too many opportunities for 'shat' memes.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    MooreFun wrote: »
    "And jusht like that, she came over and shat on my lap."

ScientificSameDove-small.gif
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 6,677
    MooreFun wrote: »
    "And jusht like that, she came over and shat on my lap."
    Winner!

“And coming this Saturday we intend to prove this...”

A tease for something?
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Title reveal at Spyscape NY.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Oh, David's the one who posted the autograph thing? Cool. He's a huge fan, I used to follow his site and collection. Serious collector. Even bought a vantage at some point. He posts at ajb007, does he post here?
    If I
    FoxRox wrote: »

A tease for something?

Is that a fan poster or a legit poster?

And when is spyscspe?

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    edited March 2019 Posts: 4,343
    matt_u wrote: »
    //Again, your impatience isn’t their problem.//

To be clear, the reason people got excited about the 4-March date (or March 4 as we call it in the U.S.) is because it came from an Eon press release. This one, to be precise. It's not like people grabbed on to the date out of thin air.

http://www.007.com/bond-25-announcement-4/

Have things changed? Sure. Maybe they'd had been better off without including a production date in that press release. And maybe they're being careful this time around and not wanting to say anything until it's more nailed down.

Still, Eon was the entity that brought up March 4. Don't blame fans for mentioning it.
    Yes, you're right, they did bring up the date, but like you said yourself things have changed, and just because that was an original filming date doesn't mean we're gonna get a bunch of information on it. They didn't say "Oh guys look out for some news on March 4", they said it will begin filming at Pinewood Studios on 4 March BEFORE the delay.

I'm not blaming people for bringing it up, I'm "blaming" fans for getting too impatient this early on. Yes, it's less than a month before the start of filming, but we never get anything concrete before the press conference anyway, which has always been a fews days to a week before filming starts. Eon like to give the fans the information first in a celebratory way (the press conference), rather than letting some news article that just wants a scoop do all the work.
    The impatience comes from the fact that filming is supposed to start sometime in the coming weeks, since nothing seems set in stone. After all this delays, plus the fact that was EoN bringing up today as the official start of production, without even an update since the last delay, I think impatience is quite justified this time around.
    The issue I have with the impatience is the people that are using it to say that Eon are terrible and that we should have new producers for the next Bond film. Just stop. It's a useless excuse at pushing your frustration, and quite frankly insulting to the people that have ran this ship for so long, and do a bloody good job regardless of whether you think they should give more than one sentence statement. Like I said before, there's a big difference between what people on here want and what Eon need to do.

I am with you about this point. As I said a few hours ago I’m probably the biggest fan of the movies EoN produced since 2005 inhere, so no frustration towards EoN, from me at least. Til I got annoyed I was probably one of the most defenders of this topic not being a place just to spread frustration about SP. Just saying.

BUT, as @AlexanderWaverly pointed out, it was EoN “fault” to release a statement that created an expectation. An expectation that has never been updated. So being disappointed about not knowing when production will officially start so close to the supposed begin is something quite justified imo. Having said that people need to understand that blowing opinions out of proportion is just wrong.

PS Barbara just gave us a really big news. Would be hilarious if the title is indeed Shatterhand.
    well could that be the logo lol
    Risico007 wrote: »
    If I

A tease for something?

And when is spyscspe?
    That's a fan poster by Stephane Tron. He's been doing posters like that for 20 years.
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    If I

A tease for something?

And when is spyscspe?
    That's a fan poster by Stephane Tron. He's been doing posters like that for 20 years.

And distinguished representatives of the world press have taken his many fan arts as official Bond posters for over 10 years! LOL
    edited March 2019 Posts: 15,423
    If I

A tease for something?

And when is spyscspe?
    And distinguished representatives of the world press have taken his many fan arts as official Bond posters for over 10 years! LOL
    But, of course. They all want a story to sell. ;)
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil

A 2008 Fan Art.

edited March 2019 Posts: 544
    If I

A tease for something?

And when is spyscspe?
    But, of course. They all want a story to sell. ;)

D010-F2-ZWk-AEJSb-F.jpg
    I am hoping Risico is the title
    Somehow now I think it might be more than one word.
    My all time favorite Stephane Tron fan art that screams Bond is this one:

1f8a6a528960a2f254cc6f97ced5751f.jpg

With all those Rami Malek rumours, it couldn't be more appropriate for B25 to adapt Gardner's respective novel and cast Malek as Tamil Rahani.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    I am hoping Risico is the title

I would save it for the next actor!

With all those Rami Malek rumours, it couldn't be more appropriate for B25 to adapt Gardner's respective novel and cast Malek as Tamil Rahani.

That would be cool! And Nobody Lives Forever is a fantastic novel as well.

That would be cool! And Nobody Lives Forever is a fantastic novel as well.
    Indeed it is!
    I don't think they use Shatterhand, it's a title that reveals a spoiler. Maybe will be Risico or The Property Of A Lady.
    Jack_Wade wrote: »
    I don't think they use Shatterhand, it's a title that reveals a spoiler. Maybe will be Risico or The Property Of A Lady.

Methinks: even if Shatterhand *was* considered as the title, they would have changed it after so much gossip.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Now I want "Nobody Lives Forever"as the title just to see how many people freak out thinking that portends the end of Bond.

I hope that somebody, anybody, who attended that event last night would write about it. But I don't see anything yet ...
    So, no news from Convent Garden?
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    This all just reminds me why I love Barbara so much :D