No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

I think the fundamentals of a script are already done, Sony wanted two films back to back the end of SPECTRE feels more like a mid way point in grander story.

Do you seriously believe that "the fundamentals of a script are already done"? =)) They have no clue what Bond 25 will be about. As for the two movie story arc, they abandoned that plan a long time ago. The ending of Spectre is what the ending of Bond 25 would have been, had they sticked with the two movie plan.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    I wish I could filter out the Brosnan was better/Craig is better posts. It just becomes so tiresome after a while. Everyone has his or her own opinion.
    My two cents. There will be 3 year gap, Craig will return for one more, ...but Mendes wont!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Two cents isn t worth much these days.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Mathis1 wrote: »
    My two cents. There will be 3 year gap, Craig will return for one more, ...but Mendes wont!

Yes I don't expect Mendes to return especially after seeing the Charlie Rose interview.

Craig I don't know.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @PropertyOfALady, let's fiend together.

If they really wanted Blofeld to be bald in the next film (if, of course, he does return, which seems obvious at this point), then Waltz was only kidding about not doing it, as he's been bald in film before.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Making Blofeld Bald would be a bit too far in the reboot. Blofeld in the books always had hair. Waltz looked great as is.
    @Murdock, I'm not saying he doesn't look great - personally, I'd prefer him to have hair - I'm just commenting on his comment on Blofeld being bald. Besides, I wouldn't say it's "too far" to make him bald if they've already brought back the scar, the jacket, and the cat. Why would making him bald go too far if none of those things do?
    @Creasy47, Because it's not necessary to make him Bald. It's not like he lost half his hair in that explosion. I can understand the scar. They at least made it different a bit. Blofeld was only Bald because Donald Pleasence was.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited November 2015 Posts: 45,489
    Murdock wrote: »
    @Creasy47, Because it's not necessary to make him Bald. It's not like he lost half his hair in that explosion. I can understand the scar. They at least made it different a bit. Blofeld was only Bald because Donald Pleasence was.

And Savalas and Hollis.. But that s it, so fully agree. It is too much. Plus Waltz looks better with hair. Don t we all?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Right so ummm...
    was that pretty much unofficial or otgerwise confirmation that Waltz' casting in SP wasn't a one time, one off deal?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Making Blofeld Bald would be a bit too far in the reboot. Blofeld in the books always had hair. Waltz looked great as is.
    Agreed. Especially since people inevitability want an excuse to make the Austin Powers connection.
    If being bald makes too many Austin Powers references, then what about the comparison between a white cat and Mr. Bigglesworth? I don't want him bald, either, I'm just saying.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    If being bald makes too many Austin Powers references, then what about the comparison between a white cat and Mr. Bigglesworth? I don't want him bald, either, I'm just saying.
    Kind of what I'm trying to say. We don't want to exacerbate the comparisons even more than they already are. By the way, I love the cat, and hopefully people who have at least minimal knowledge of all eras of the Bond franchise will be able to ignore AP for 2 or so hours and feel the same as I do.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    The cat was included in Never Say Never Again, too, which wasn't an EON Productions project, meaning it has become, somewhat, the character's trademark. So, whatever the case is, having the cat would be more acceptable than having him bald. Just my two cents.
    I'm agreeing with all of you, I just wanted to make the point and see how everyone else felt.
  • Daniel Craig is excellent as 007 and I think he should do one more :)
  • #BringBackMartinCampbell
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 212
    Will Christoph Waltz return for future Bond movies? Here's his answer:

It depends on the story. We don’t need to jump ahead. Let’s round this one off first, and let’s see if that makes sense! It needs to make sense. If it doesn’t, you get what we see mostly

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Christoph-Waltz-Return-Future-Bond-Movies-Here-His-Answer-93317.html
    DC will be back for a final swan song in 3 years time. Hopefully this will happen with Mendes at the helm?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    #BringBackMartinCampbell
    +1.

Especially if it's a new Bond. His track record is 100%. 2 for 2.
    Martin Campbell is my favorite Bond director; his two films are both in my Top 5. I'd like to see him do at least one more at some point.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Didn't really like GE but loved CR. I would welcome Campbell's return.
    If Craig doesn't return for a fifth, bring Campbell back to do his third outing for the third debut of a new Bond actor.
  • I think nearly the entire main cast of Spectre can return in Bond 25.
    Shockingly no one major died other than Marco Sciarra. Hinx can pull a Jaws and return. Dr. Swann presents a dilemma though - how to fit her in? It would be awful for her to be killed by Blofeld. How many tragedies can Craig's Bond have? He had his Tracy moment with Vesper already. Or once Bond slays Blofeld once and for all in the Garden of Death, the film can end with him rejoining Madeleine on a beach in Jamaica.

• AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    edited November 2015 Posts: 1,727
    Craig needs a final hurrah in B#25, but he needs a new director and fresh writing team to go out with a bang.

Mendes' strength is characters and directing actors, his weaknesses in shaping a coherent adventure and driving an action-fueled plot with substance are all too apparent in SF and SP.
    And the writers need to go. Otherwise it will just be more of the same, we know that - yet we foolishly cling to some belief that this time P&W will bring us something different... all the backstory, all the faux-drama.

So pay Dan to do another, ditch the writers and get someone like David Fincher or Neil Blomkamp to add substance & real thrills to the actual film.
    And get a cracking good composer not afraid to adapt the JB and 007 theme into the score. :)
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    edited November 2015 Posts: 1,727
    And get a cracking good composer not afraid to adapt the JB and 007 theme into the score. :)

That too. But I fear if Mendes returns then it will be more of the same old Newman rehash.
    Mendes does not seem to be concerned by the impact the score has on the final product. Perhaps because he is a theatre director at heart.
    Another reason why he's not really suited to the series.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited November 2015 Posts: 2,138
    AceHole wrote: »

That too. But I fear if Mendes returns then it will be more of the same old Newman rehash.
    Mendes does not seem to be concerned by the impact the score has on the final product. Perhaps because he is a theatre director at heart.
    Another reason why he's not really suited to the series.

AceHole, American Beauty, Thomas Newmans music stole the picture and became one of the most instantly recognisable pieces of film music in history.
    Almost 20 years ago...