No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

This is one positive thing with the relatively lukewarm critic responses thus far. It means EON and Craig (Mendes?) will be anxious to get going on another one ASAP to prove they can still do it the best. I'd rather have SP be at 65% and we get another film with Craig than it be at 90% and it's his last one. He's the kinda guy that will refuse to go out less than at the top.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    This is one positive thing with the relatively lukewarm critic responses thus far. It means EON and Craig (Mendes?) will be anxious to get going on another one ASAP to prove they can still do it the best. I'd rather have SP be at 65% and we get another film with Craig than it be at 90% and it's his last one. He's the kinda guy that will refuse to go out less than at the top.

YES, I agree :D and a 65% with DC is like a 85% for me ;)
    There are two ways to react to this response. Come out fighting as described above or go the other way and just think "sod it", all that time and effort, whats the point, life's too short.
    No way before 18. They all will have a beak in 16, then start rolling in 17, with the film out in 18. I cannot see any other scenario,
  • Has anyone noticed that all the top critics like or love Spectre? Every negative review on RT is from someone I've never heard of.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I don't really know what they were watching. Spectre is... Spectacular.
    I think it will be a 3 year gap again and that will be Dan's final film sadly.
  • I think if DC wants to do another then he'll want to start filming before he's 50, as believe me, getting fighting fit past that is ball breaking tough so they could go for filming back end of 2017 for a summer release 2018.

Some reviewers have suggested if he leaves now he does go out on top anyway.

I still thing Craig\Mendes haven't finished their Bond story yet but even if they have and there is a persisting "but America didn't like SPECTRE" Craig can hold his head high and say he wanted to give the fans the thrill of a more traditional Bond before leaving.
    This thread was made in January ? Wow you people like to speculate for B25 even before SPECTRE has its first trailer
  • I think we get a 3 year break and then see a final Craig film. I'd like it to be a stand alone film though and move on from there with a new actor. I don't think them bringing Spectre back in the manner they did worked at all, but I think we'll see a continuation/ending to Craig's era as Bond in Bond 25 for better or worse.
    He contract do 1 more after Skyfall. I hope he come back in Bond 25.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Agent7F wrote: »
    He contract do 1 more after Skyfall. I hope he come back in Bond 25.

He has a rolling contract, but he is not obligated to return.
    I read he was contracted for a 5th already.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    I read he was contracted for a 5th already.

Craigs quotes earlier this year "I’m contracted for one more — but I’m not going to make predictions" Then in the last few weeks “There is no contract. It's up to me.”
    Well, they won't force him to do it. Because they know, getting an actor, who is not really into it, can only end badly.

Seems yesterday at Colbet Show he asked the audience, if they wanted him to do one more. That's a first for him. I mean, just throwing it into the round instead of being cagey. BTW - funny bite at the show. Bond tried to rent a car and Daniel couldn't hold back his laughter.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    This thread
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/10486/spectre-last-craig-era-film/p1
    came first.

IT'S THE SAME THING! No nonsense, people. It's the same thing, period.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    'Spectre' Producer Expects Daniel Craig to Return for Another Bond Movie

Michael G. Wilson says he believes a new distributor for the film franchise will be chosen from among three suitors by February.

James Bond film producer Michael G. Wilson says he expects Daniel Craig will return for a fifth outing as the iconic 007.

"I think we've got Daniel Craig," Wilson tells The Hollywood Reporter in an interview, waving aside the actor's recent protestations that he was through with the role. Wilson makes a comparison to director Sam Mendes, who said he was done with Bond after 2012's Skyfall, only to return for Spectre. "[Mendes] said they were never going to make the picture again, and he told the press that."

Asked if Craig was legally bound to do another Bond film, however, Wilson acknowledges: "We don't have a contract."
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I'm not yet in the mindset to think about 'Bond 25' or Craig's/Mendes' return (hopefully the latter doesn't happen, I'm ready for some newer directing after back-to-back films by him) because I'm too busy still geeking out about SP, and will inevitably anticipate the blu-ray release like a fiend.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    This thread
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/10486/spectre-last-craig-era-film/p1
    came first.

IT'S THE SAME THING! No nonsense, people. It's the same thing, period.
    As this thread? Not really. This thread is to keep a tab on the Bond 25 production. Why not have both?
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I'm not yet in the mindset to think about 'Bond 25' or Craig's/Mendes' return (hopefully the latter doesn't happen, I'm ready for some newer directing after back-to-back films by him) because I'm too busy still geeking out about SP, and will inevitably anticipate the blu-ray release like a fiend.

Well, watch my Blu-Ray thread closely then, because I will announce the release date as soon as I know it. And... can I be a fiend with you?
  • MansfieldMansfield Where the hell have you been?
    Christoph Waltz just appeared on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. When prompted about his appearance at the end of the film, Waltz simply stated, "Well, I'm looking toward the future."
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited November 2015 Posts: 4,441
    Michael G. Wilson says he believes a new distributor for the film franchise will be chosen from among three suitors by February.

That there saying there are 3 company's, possible mean Sony is mabey not gone. Spectre wil be released by Sony on BD and dvd. Mabey MGM and Warner deside not making a deal on the last moment that Warner be new second distributor and stick with Sony. If not Sony or Warner then it is Universal. Earlier Fox quite and Universal do inbetween release for Spectre cinema release.
    Interesting comments from the BAFTA New York SPECTRE Screening and Q&A:
    “Spectre” makes references and pays homage to previous Bond films, as anyone who has followed the 007 filmography knows. The head of Spectre is Ernst Blofeld, referred to as No. 1 in the Ian Fleming books. He is Bond’s greatest nemesis and appeared in “You Only Live Twice.” Spoiler Alert: “What you have, obviously, is a sort of creation story of how Blofeld came to be,” Mendes said, adding, “We find out how he got that scar. Of course he is alive again, so I may not have a job next time, but Christoph does.”

Waltz was asked if he was ready to shave his head for the next Bond film. “No, definitely not,” he said. “I think if you have Punch and Judy you need a crocodile.” (And of course in typical Waltz fashion, it was a funny retort, although I have no idea what he meant.)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Very interesting. Thanks.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    This is good news. Perhaps my view of SP will improve.......after B25.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    The distributor will be chosen early 2016, so principle photography may well start Dec 2016... do either Mendes or Craig have contractual commitments end '16 early 17'?

I'm fine with another 3 year gap, but we may well get B25 for Christmas 2017 if Star Wars episode VIII is due May 2017 (as I read it is)... I'm sure EoN will want to steer well clear of that behemoth.
    AceHole wrote: »
    The distributor will be chosen early 2016, so principle photography may well start Dec 2016... do either Mendes or Craig have contractual commitments end '16 early 17'?

I'm fine with another 3 year gap, but we may well get B25 for Christmas 2017 if Star Wars episode VIII is due May 2017 (as I read it is)... I'm sure EoN will want to steer well clear of that behemoth.

Craig is doing 'Othello' in 2016. According to Variety:

“Othello” will play at New York Theater Workshop in fall 2016, with exact dates still to be determined.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited November 2015 Posts: 23,883
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Craig is doing 'Othello' in 2016. According to Variety:

He said on Charlie Rose on Thursday with Mendes that he had busted his knee during the train fight and needed surgery and some time off (6 months or so).

I will catch Othello next year if possible.

http://www.charlierose.com/watch/60644330
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Interesting comments from the BAFTA New York SPECTRE Screening and Q&A:
    The head of Spectre is Ernst Blofeld, referred to as No. 1 in the Ian Fleming books.
    Wrong. He is referred to as No. 2 in the Ian Fleming books. Poor journalism as usual.