No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• peterpeter Toronto
    There's something to what Jake is saying...
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited February 2018 Posts: 23,883
    So who is it then? Who is big enough to inject some much needed buzz and interest into this thing at this stage? Thoughts?
    Nolan...
    Precisely.
    His name has been thrown around so much, and he is awaiting the results of the Best Director award at the Oscars. Very soon after the Oscars, Nolan could be announced.

What if Bond 25, Craig’s last, is something of a reimagining?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    You mean like... the events of QoS, SF and SP all being dreams and he wakes up in a different reality? Hmm... ;)
    You mean like... the events of QoS, SF and SP all being dreams and he wakes up in a different reality? Hmm... ;)

It could be anything. Nolan said he had an idea for Bond that hadn’t been done before, and I’m willing to see what that is. At first I didn’t want Nolan directing Bond, but I have warmed up to the idea.
  • mattjoesmattjoes At my most trollish behavior
    Bond wakes up from cryosleep and Hicks and Newt are still alive. Now they can all finally go take on that evil company.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

jake24 wrote: »
    I'd be surprised if a director isn't already attached. Filming likely begins in less than 10 months and much time has to be allotted for them to inject their vision into the project.

I agree completely. I believe the director is in place and contributing.
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Bond wakes up from cryosleep and Hicks and Newt are still alive. Now they can all finally go take on that evil company.
    H6Jef5B.png
    edited February 2018 Posts: 23,883
    Bambigoye claimed (I think in Dec) that Nolan was apparently not doing it. How did he know? Well because he said he had interviewed him the previous day. Has anyone got that alleged interview? I can't find a trace of it online. Hmm.
    He had a point when he said “Bond 25 is a long way off”.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    I don’t think that’s the case @ClarkDevlin. If anyone on this site has a remote connection to EoN, we may know that they are moving into production offices by April. If this is true, a script is done. And perhaps a director’s been in place for a bit, managing the behind the scenes activities.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    I'd be surprised if a director isn't already attached. Filming likely begins in less than 10 months and much time has to be allotted for them to inject their vision into the project.

There is. And I am hedging that his name is Denis Villeneuve. ;-)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    TripAces wrote: »

There is. And I am hedging that his name is Denis Villeneuve. ;-)
    I highly doubt he's doing it, but I'd love to be surprised with this one.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited February 2018 Posts: 13,234
    He had a point when he said “Bond 25 is a long way off”.
    Just next year.
    Nolan can get them across the billion dollar mark. How eon haven't gotten him to helm one yet is beyond me.
    I will say, the only director who can move this secretly between projects is Nolan. No cell phone, no email. Very few leaks about his work ever. You never know what he's up to. It could be a reason the press has been quiet on the director front since last summer.

The only way I can see him doing this film is if he is also attached to Bond 26 with the promise of casting the next actor. I don't see him doing 25 when it's not his actor but hey, who knows?

Let's hope there's some director attached at least. What's said above is right, filming will begin later this year/early next year and hopefully the director is working with Purvis and Wade about their vision. I'm sure we'll hear something soon.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    edited February 2018 Posts: 3,000
    mattjoes wrote: »

Hmm, ruining one franchise (Bond) to repair a grave mistake in another (Alien 3). That would be a weird one.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    It is strange that we don't know what Nolan's next project is, but to assume it's Bond 25 is going a bit far. He would only get involved if it meant he could recast Bond next time.
    I don’t see why Nolan can’t do both Bond 25 and 26.
    Like I say, we don't know his next project, so you never know...
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited February 2018 Posts: 8,068
    FoxRox wrote: »
    I don’t see why Nolan can’t do both Bond 25 and 26.
    I agree . Nolan has said that he knows what he would do with the character; this would imply a fresh start; but he is a very talented filmmaker and would be more than capable of doing a film that finishes Craig’s tenure as Bond before realizing his vision with a new 007.
    Is this scenario likely ? No , but he is capable.

• NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited February 2018 Posts: 7,527
    As much as I'd love Nolan, Villeneuve or some other fresh blood, my money's on Mendes returning. But my money was also on Hillary Clinton so what do I know.
    I don't know anything. It's just a hunch :P
    As much as I'd love Nolan, Villeneuve or some other fresh blood, my money's on Mendes returning. But my money was also on Hillary Clinton so what do I know.

There's more chance Mendes returns than Nolan or Villeneuve directs Craig's last Bond film.
  • edited February 2018 Posts: 5,767
    Nolan said he had an idea for Bond that hadn’t been done before,
    That sums up the problem pretty precisely. We don´t need something that hasn´t been done before. We need what has been done before, done amazingly well. Nolan has proven time and again that he is no guarant for quality.

Doing something that hasn´t been done before is an easy escape from simply doing it right. Most people will be so preoccupied with the aspect of innovation that they overlook the quality. And until they notice millions of tickets will have been wasted.

There's more chance Mendes returns than Nolan or Villeneuve directs Craig's last Bond film.
    The constant mention of those three makes me feel like we live in very dark ages. Imagine the film music alone: Mendes would bring another Newman wash, and both Nolan or Villeneuve would bring Zimmer or one of his adepts. How can anyone approve of this?

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Nolan said he had an idea for Bond that hadn’t been done before,
    That sums up the problem pretty precisely. We don´t need something that hasn´t been done before. We need what has been done before, done amazingly well. Nolan has proven time and again that he is no guarant for quality.

Doing something that hasn´t been done before is an easy escape from simply doing it right. Most people will be so preoccupied with the aspect of innovation that they overlook the quality. And until they notice millions of tickets will have been wasted.

The constant mention of those three makes me feel like we live in very dark ages. Imagine the film music alone: Mendes would bring another Newman wash, and both Nolan or Villeneuve would bring Zimmer or one of his adepts. How can anyone approve of this?

Post of the day.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    EON Productions launches a website: http://www.eon.co.uk/

There's an email for 007 ENQUIRIES... :)
    Well thank you, @Murdock, but the day is still fresh, lots of good posts can yet come, leading to a worldwide ban of Zimmer and cohorts as film music producers :-).
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    That's a ban I would support. :))