No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

bondjames wrote: »
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    All this speculation hey? What fun we are all having!!! AAAaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!! Lol!
    It's not so much fun because there's really nothing new to look forward to in the grand scheme of things. It's another Bond film, sure, but only after four long years, and after a few continuity based stories. So expectations are limited to the universe we already know.

If it was a shakeup I can assure you there would be a lot more fun speculating here, because nobody would know what to expect. Imaginations could run wild at the prospects of what is to come.

I know, I just thought I would add some thing pointless to the discussion. Lol! Until we get something official I don't why this thread is not put on pause for a while? As when I log on sometimes and see 100+ posts?!! I think oh wow, what has been announced? Then as usual it turns out to be nothing.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    All this speculation hey? What fun we are all having!!! AAAaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!! Lol!
    It's not so much fun because there's really nothing new to look forward to in the grand scheme of things. It's another Bond film, sure, but only after four long years, and after a few continuity based stories. So expectations are limited to the universe we already know.

If it was a shakeup I can assure you there would be a lot more fun speculating here, because nobody would know what to expect. Imaginations could run wild at the prospects of what is to come.

I know, I just thought I would add some thing pointless to the discussion. Lol! Until we get something official I don't why this thread is not put on pause for a while? As when I log on sometimes and see 100+ posts?!! I think oh wow, what has been announced? Then as usual it turns out to be nothing.
    It's inevitable though. As I've long maintained, this thread is purely a speculation trove until production begins, which is some time into the future. These guys don't even have a distribution deal yet, and the distributor has influence on many aspects of production.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator

It's inevitable though. As I've long maintained, this thread is purely a speculation trove until production begins, which is some time into the future. These guys don't even have a distribution deal yet, and the distributor has influence on many aspects of production.
    Yep. It's all good as long as we stick to B25 discussion.

At the moment,to me it feels we may just get a rehash of SP for B25: Purvis and Wade, possibly Newman, possibly Madeleine, probably Waltz, definitely Craig, and most assuredly the Scooby Gang featuring Tanner in all his glory. Yippee!

After yet another four year gap these prospects just don't feel too exciting. Sure SP is the most recent, and was an attempt to relive the glorious success of SF, but I'd much prefer and do hope that B25 feels new.

Imagine if this were 2006, no CR, so the upcoming film was going to star Pierce, probably feature Jinx, incorporate some way to bring back Toby Stephen's Gustav Graves, and was looking as though Madonna were again doing the theme song. That analogy is kind of what this feels like to me.

If this were any other series than Bond, based on what we know now, I doubt I'd be planning a trip to the cinemas to see it.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited September 2017 Posts: 23,883
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    Imagine if this were 2006, no CR, so the upcoming film was going to star Pierce, probably feature Jinx, incorporate some way to bring back Toby Stephen's Gustav Graves, and was looking as though Madonna were again doing the theme song. That analogy is kind of what this feels like to me.

If this were any other series than Bond, based on what we know now, I doubt I'd be planning a trip to the cinemas to see it.
    Precisely. I like that analogy.

If it was to be a clean slate there would be a lot more excitement, I would think. It's inevitable when putting people through a long wait (for whatever reason) after a decade+ of status quo.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    ‘Skyfall’ and ‘Spectre’ Composer Thomas Newman Expected To Return For ‘Bond 25’
    omegaunderground.com/2017/09/15/skyfall-spectre-composer-thomas-newman-expected-return-bond-25/

I hope not! At any rate, it could be a simple mistake, right? Maybe someone mistakenly thought he had been confirmed along with Craig and the writers... right?

I think with Mendes presumably out of the picture, Newman will more likely than not feel no motivation to stick around.

jake24 wrote: »
    omegaunderground.com/2017/09/15/skyfall-spectre-composer-thomas-newman-expected-return-bond-25/
    I don't think this means anything.

Likely not, would be nice if a source were included. I don't think that format is IMDb's is it? Pro maybe?

I'm not sure the free and Pro versions have different databases. If the free IMDb doesn't list Newman for Bond 25, can the Pro version list him? Does anybody have a Pro account?

Found the source, it's from the British Film Council:
    film.britishcouncil.org/bond-25
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 2,115

I hope not! At any rate, it could be a simple mistake, right? Maybe someone mistakenly thought he had been confirmed along with Craig and the writers... right?

I think with Mendes presumably out of the picture, Newman will more likely than not feel no motivation to stick around.

Likely not, would be nice if a source were included. I don't think that format is IMDb's is it? Pro maybe?

I'm not sure the free and Pro versions have different databases. If the free IMDb doesn't list Newman for Bond 25, can the Pro version list him? Does anybody have a Pro account?

Which lists Sony as the "sales company." (See right.) My guess is this listing isn't up to date.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    EON must be getting feedback on how lazy and bad the score was in SP by Newman...if they get him back again then they don't give a damn about cinemagoers who make their films successful.

They don't need to get him back. They already have his B25 score ready and waiting.
    Newman wouldn't be my first choice for Bond 25, but as long as it's not Arnold, I won't complain.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.

Says it was updated August 15 I wonder how accurate is the British film council
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Agreed. That would make an awesome lair.
  • It looks cool but we just had snow in Spectre. I know I keep going on about YOLT but I think Japan could be really cool. We haven't really seen Bond in Asia since TND have we? Most of the SF stuff was filmed in Pinewood. So some proper location shooting in Japan could feel really fresh imo, since the Craig films have mostly been eurocentric.
    Guys remember this thing haven't looked at it in a while way back in the early part of thread I wonder what has changed on here https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09577149
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 6,742
    NicNac wrote: »
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    Is Mendes coming back???????

I would slash my wrists. :-)

Oops. That comment will now haunt you for years and you will be forced to write on here how you were joking and regret your ill-chosen words.

Over and over again.

Be prepared. ;)

"RUMOR: @AlexanderWaverly not to watch Bond 25?"

"AlexanderWaverly would only watch Bond 25 for money"

"AlexanderWaverly needs a reality check"

Etc. etc. :))
    vzok wrote: »
    EON must be getting feedback on how lazy and bad the score was in SP by Newman...if they get him back again then they don't give a damn about cinemagoers who make their films successful.

They don't need to get him back. They already have his B25 score ready and waiting.

Brilliant! :))
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited September 2017 Posts: 1,756
    It looks cool but we just had snow in Spectre. I know I keep going on about YOLT but I think Japan could be really cool. We haven't really seen Bond in Asia since TND have we? Most of the SF stuff was filmed in Pinewood. So some proper location shooting in Japan could feel really fresh imo, since the Craig films have mostly been eurocentric.

Modern Japan + James Bond would be awesome, especially at night.
    It looks cool but we just had snow in Spectre. I know I keep going on about YOLT but I think Japan could be really cool. We haven't really seen Bond in Asia since TND have we? Most of the SF stuff was filmed in Pinewood. So some proper location shooting in Japan could feel really fresh imo, since the Craig films have mostly been eurocentric.

Modern Japan + James Bond would be awesome, especially at night.

yes oh yes
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 2,115
    Deleted. Thought I had a joke that might top it, but decided against it.
    Personally I don't think Newman is coming back/.....

but how about Trevor Rabin... ok yes I am only suggesting him because I am a huge yes fan but hey he did do get smart.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    Does anyone think we will get a distributor announcement on Global Bond Day?
    Bentley007 wrote: »

I would love to say yes but I think it will be a no.

I would love to say yes but I think it will be a no.

I feel the same way. I was spoiled by an exciting August in terms of news.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited September 2017 Posts: 1,756
    I have inside sources claiming Thomas Newman will be using "The Moors" cue in Bond 25 "more extensively and repeatedly" than in Spectre.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA

One can only hope!
    Just struck me: we know more about the next Terminator movie than the next Bond!!
    I have inside sources claiming Thomas Newman will be using "The Moors" cue in Bond 25 "more extensively and repeatedly" than in Spectre.

I can't tell if you are making light of the Thomas Newman news or if you are serious about Newman being back.
    If I had it in my power, I would stop at nothing to ban every single Newman hater.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    If I had it in my power, I would stop at nothing to ban every single Newman hater.

Talk about a grudge!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world

Someone's cranky today.