No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    Nothing But Thieves want to do James Bond theme song
    dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/goss/645625/Nothing-But-Thieves-James-Bond-theme-song-007
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    edited September 2017 Posts: 1,755
    I know the wait is rather unbearable, but just think around this time next year (if they stick to a SF/SP filming schedule) there will be lots of exciting news/rumors floating around based on the movie, plus hopefully a press conference/title reveal in Nov. or Dec. 2018.

So realistically, for me at least, all the excitement is only a year away!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    I know the wait is rather unbearable, but just think around this time next year (if they stick to a SF/SP filming schedule) there will be lots of exciting news/rumors floating around based on the movie, plus hopefully a press conference/title reveal in Nov. or Dec. 2018.

Precisely how I see it as well.
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    After the whole Sony leaks saga? Their is no way Eon are going to give away details to the next movie!!

Especially if they don't have any.
    vzok wrote: »
    After the whole Sony leaks saga? Their is no way Eon are going to give away details to the next movie!!

Especially if they don't have any.

Lol! Well that's true enough!
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »

me too its not that long or far away
    Red_Snow wrote: »

why would eon be that stupid to give the plot away for a singer completion to sing bond 25
    ‘Skyfall’ and ‘Spectre’ Composer Thomas Newman Expected To Return For ‘Bond 25’
    omegaunderground.com/2017/09/15/skyfall-spectre-composer-thomas-newman-expected-return-bond-25/
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    omegaunderground.com/2017/09/15/skyfall-spectre-composer-thomas-newman-expected-return-bond-25/
    I don't think this means anything.
    jake24 wrote: »

Likely not, would be nice if a source were included. I don't think that format is IMDb's is it? Pro maybe?

If not Arnold returning, it would be nice to hear a fresh take on the score.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    God I hope not.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Murdock wrote: »
    God I hope not.

Right there with you. Can only hope it's nothing more than a rumor.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Well if B25 is a continuation then they may want Newman back to recycle his 'themes', but I hope not.

Come on EON. Let's try someone new.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    By pure desperation, I'd rather have Arnold's music recycled over Newman's but yes, Someone new would be ideal. Someone like Joel McNeely or Elliot Goldenthal. They would deliver a cracking good Bond score.
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 15,818
    This is getting better and better each day. Now we've got rumors of Newman returning, and constant discussions on Madeleine's potential return in the film. EON might as well just re-release SPECTRE in 2019 and forget B25. The least they could do, though is adjust the color timing.

Just no Mendes please.

Maybe a different director could help Newman Out
    don't forget this all rumor mill look at that leaked new bond video game rumor turned out and it was never true
    Is Mendes coming back???????
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Tuck91 wrote: »

Nothing points to that, doubt even if Newman was returning that'd confirm Mendes. I sorely hope he doesn't.
  • Red_Snow wrote: »

Can I say something? YEAH BABY :-D!!! Ii shall be honest, I preferred Daniel Pemberton as an alternative. But sjee, Thomas Newman? I dig it completely. I'm one of few people in here who loves his scores :-).
  • Tuck91 wrote: »

I would slash my wrists. :-)
    I agree, I'm hoping Daniel Pemberton gets the job, or the combination of Henry Jackman & Matthew Margeson.

I hope not! At any rate, it could be a simple mistake, right? Maybe someone mistakenly thought he had been confirmed along with Craig and the writers... right?

I think with Mendes presumably out of the picture, Newman will more likely than not feel no motivation to stick around.

jake24 wrote: »

Likely not, would be nice if a source were included. I don't think that format is IMDb's is it? Pro maybe?

I'm not sure the free and Pro versions have different databases. If the free IMDb doesn't list Newman for Bond 25, can the Pro version list him? Does anybody have a Pro account?
    EON must be getting feedback on how lazy and bad the score was in SP by Newman...if they get him back again then they don't give a damn about cinemagoers who make their films successful.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Tuck91 wrote: »

I would slash my wrists. :-)

Oops. That comment will now haunt you for years and you will be forced to write on here how you were joking and regret your ill-chosen words.

Over and over again.

Be prepared. ;)
    The only upside to SP was that it gave an indication of what was lacking/wrong (like a control experiment) so these things need to be corrected to produce a better movie.

How many reviews has anyone read of SP that included positive/glowing reviews of the soundtrack? It just added nothing IMHO and IF they hire the same composer, it really does show that they have not learned any lessons,

new composer, new scriptwriter, new directer
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    bondjames wrote: »
    Well if B25 is a continuation then they may want Newman back to recycle his 'themes', but I hope not.

As I said before, I'd actually love to hear a couple of themes back in Bond 25 - if Madeleine returns, I think the piano theme heard in Secret Room, Safe House, Out of Bullets and End Titles should return too.

What I don't want is reusing full tracks the way Skyfall's tracks were reused in SPECTRE.
    Walecs wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »

As I said before, I'd actually love to hear a couple of themes back in Bond 25 - if Madeleine returns, I think the piano theme heard in Secret Room, Safe House, Out of Bullets and End Titles should return too.

What I don't want is reusing full tracks the way Skyfall's tracks were reused in SPECTRE.

To be fair Arnold recycled TWINE for his music in the last act of DAD, and if you listen closely to City of Lovers in CR (which is also like music in both TWINE and DAD), it bears an uncanny resemblance to John Barry's Out of Africa theme.
    All this speculation hey? What fun we are all having!!! AAAaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!! Lol!
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited September 2017 Posts: 23,883
    All this speculation hey? What fun we are all having!!! AAAaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!! Lol!
    It's not so much fun because there's really nothing new to look forward to in the grand scheme of things. It's another Bond film, sure, but only after four long years, and after a few continuity based stories. So expectations are limited to the universe we already know.

If it was a shakeup I can assure you there would be a lot more fun speculating here, because nobody would know what to expect. Imaginations could run wild at the prospects of what is to come.