No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• peterpeter Toronto
    Like I said, relaaax.... exhale... it's all good... It really is!
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Damn. I was so ready post an angry anti-Barbara-Broccoli tirade!

So the usual then.
  • Wow I was scared too for a second. I need this movie closer, not further.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    We'll be there in two months.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    We'll be there in two months.

The soothing, calm voice of reason!
  • re: Archivo 007. Even when it's being serious, it had accuracy issues. In December 2017, it said Nolan was "more than likely" to direct Bond 25. When events proved otherwise, it said on Twitter, "we weren't wrong, our sources were wrong."

Original post:
    https://www.archivo007.com/index.php/noticias/bond-25/2519-bond-25-nolan-la-leyenda-renace
  • RoadphillRoadphill United Kingdom
    If they are adapting YOLT and they are using Norway as a build up to the The Garden Of Death this would fit in as an ideal for Blofeld's castle. It's in the Bavarian Alps but would fit perfectly with the Norway asthetic. https://traveltriangle.com/blog/neuschwanstein-castle/
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Roadphill wrote: »
    If they are adapting YOLT and they are using Norway as a build up to the The Garden Of Death this would fit in as an ideal for Blofeld's castle. It's in the Bavarian Alps but would fit perfectly with the Norway asthetic. https://traveltriangle.com/blog/neuschwanstein-castle/

Brilliant research. Looks like were in for a different take on the novel.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited December 2018 Posts: 10,588
    I've always fancied Mont St. Michel for Blofeld's castle, should they go down that route.

photo-636219861691157555-1.jpg?dummy=0&h=800

It's funny, I honestly don't see EON/Fukunaga going down the Shatterhand route (nor am I hoping they would), but I can definitely see myself taking very little time to become completely on board with the idea if it was announced.
    edited December 2018 Posts: 8,087
    Looks like Disneys castle.

Brilliant research. Looks like were in for a different take on the novel.

@Mendes4Lyfe Thanks. I don't know the adaption of YOLT is what we will get as @jake24 said. If we do, this would be a perfect fit. To be honest, unless Blofeld is the main villain and EON are trying to throw us a loop, I would prefer an original story. If it is Blofeld, then the Shatterhand stuff would be perfect.
    Only 2 months to go and all will be revealed. Good job Feburary is a short month! ;)
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, now is when we need a skyfall style “Bond is old” story. I wonder if they can recreate that theme so “soon” after doing it in skyfall and maybe do it even better for B25
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, now is when we need a skyfall style “Bond is old” story. I wonder if they can recreate that theme so “soon” after doing it in skyfall and maybe do it even better for B25

I agree 100%, SF came too soon; following QoS, they could have done two Bond in his prime films , then one that deals with age and burnout.

@talos7 One can guess from your username your a fan of TES.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    jake24 wrote: »
    Today is Spain's version of April fool's day. Just a joke.

Every country should have their own day.
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 17,280

Won't find castles like that in Norway though. It would be better to just shoot the whole sequence in Bavaria if they were looking for one like that.

Won't find castles like that in Norway though. It would be better to just shoot the whole sequence in Bavaria if they were looking for one like that.

No, of course. But the backdrop of the Bavarian Alps fits in with certain parts of Norway quite nicely, so they could just cheat and claim it is. They have done that on almost every film. Location shots in separate places portraying a single place.

No, of course. But the backdrop of the Bavarian Alps fits in with certain parts of Norway quite nicely, so they could just cheat and claim it is. They have done that on almost every film. Location shots in separate places portraying a single place.

They could of course, but it would be bloody obvious to any German and Scandinavian, I think.
    edited December 2018 Posts: 984
    @Torgeirtrap I am not so sure about that. Would anyone have known, without reading up on background, that Cadiz doubled for Cuba in DAD? Or Bangkok doubled for Saigon in TND? Morrocco doubling for Afghanistan in TLD? I could go on but I am sure you get my point.
    @Torgeirtrap I am not so sure about that. Would anyone have known, without reading up on background, that Cadiz doubled for Cuba in DAD? Or Bangkok doubled for Saigon in TND? Morrocco doubling for Afghanistan in TLD? I could go on but I am sure you get my point.

This castle is quite well known (I've seen it featured in many travel related articles over the years). I'd imagine it would be very strange for a German to see it double as a Norwegian one. Architectural wise this building looks to extravagant to resemble something you'd find over here too.
    edited December 2018 Posts: 7,980

They could of course, but it would be bloody obvious to any German and Scandinavian, I think.

True, but this is for a world audience. I live in New Orleans where there is a tremendous amount of film production and I frequently recognize New Orleans locations that are representing other cities or parts of the world.
    One example is Logan where NO stood in for, I believe, a city in Arizona; in fact a flood protection wall that I pass frequently was transformed into a border wall with. Mexico.

As long as an iconic, well known feature of a location is not visible, most of the audience will have no clue.

edited December 2018 Posts: 7,980
    @talos7 One can guess from your username your a fan of TES.

Actually, Jason and the Argonauts,

I’m old(school) ;)
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited December 2018 Posts: 23,883
    My sister used to live in Munchen some years back and when I went to visit her I drove up to Neuschwanstein. The drive on the Romantische Strasse to get there was one of the best I've ever experienced. I passed several small towns and villages along the way and it had a sort of Sound of Music opening scene vibe. It didn't hurt that Hertz had given me a Mercedes S-Class to enjoy the journey with.
    That was reportedly inspired by it.

This castle is quite well known (I've seen it featured in many travel related articles over the years). I'd imagine it would be very strange for a German to see it double as a Norwegian one. Architectural wise this building looks to extravagant to resemble something you'd find over here too.
    Yes, it's very well known so I also don't think it can double for anything else.
    Am I the only one who feels The Garden of Death is a better title for Craig’s final film much more so then Shatterhand
    bondjames wrote: »

Yes, it's very well known so I also don't think it can double for anything else.

That's exactly my thought. It's difficult for a famous location to double for something else.

I get that many don't mind these sort of things, as this happens all the time – but location doubling is done because the buildings or surroundings resembles the place they're doubling for. You won't find a castle or architecture like the Neuschwanstein Castle in Norway.
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who feels The Garden of Death is a better title for Craig’s final film much more so then Shatterhand

Totally agree.
    My sister used to live in Munchen some years back and when I went to visit her I drove up to Neuschwanstein. The drive on the Romantische Strasse to get there was one of the best I've ever experienced. I passed several small towns and villages along the way and it had a sort of Sound of Music opening scene vibe. It didn't hurt that Hertz had given me a Mercedes S-Class to enjoy the journey with.

@bondjames Stunning place isn't it. I have been lucky to travel to that region of Germany myself. I never realised that country had such beauty. I still think with a little creative editing it could work as Blofeld's castle, though.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

That's exactly my thought. It's difficult for a famous location to double for something else.

I get that many don't mind these sort of things, as this happens all the time – but location doubling is done because the buildings or surroundings resembles the place they're doubling for. You won't find a castle or architecture like the Neuschwanstein Castle in Norway.

Might as well have the Empire State Building in Oslo.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

@bondjames Stunning place isn't it. I have been lucky to travel to that region of Germany myself. I never realised that country had such beauty. I still think with a little creative editing it could work as Blofeld's castle, though.
    It's incredible, and well worth a visit to @Roadphill, as is Bavaria in general. Oktoberfest is a good time to go if you can, so you can enjoy the festivities with the locals, who really open up in the beer halls.

Yes, it perhaps could still work. I suppose not everyone knows about this place.
    --
    Risico007 wrote: »

Totally agree.
    +2. I'm sorry, but Shatterhand is too Austin Powers for me and too cheesy too.
    @bondjames Oktoberfest was actually when I went! I enjoyed copious amounts of Black Lager!

Whilst we are all on the subject of locale's, if Bond 25 is an original story, I would dearly love for our favourite agent to visit Hong Kong again. It's a remarkable place and totally different to the place Sir Rog found himself in TMWTGG.